Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I can't in my wildest imagination understand how a kid could somehow end up in the frunk and then close the hard to close top. Who thinks of these things? Geeze,. what a thing to worry about... What's next, electronic openers on coolers?
You must have a tame imagination.

Kids are not lone creatures. They travel in packs [pre-pandemic].

Many have brothers who are more than willing to close the hard to close top, which wasn't so hard to close on the pre-production units at the Roadshow(s).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
the horror story of the freezer doors and kids trapped comes to mind.
Which is probably when this regulation was initially written, and no one's had a reason to revisit it.

Flydivesurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER, Model X
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
That's what pisses me off about this whole frunk release and divider nonsense. Nanny state "Oh but if it saves just one life!!" nonsense run amock. It's so ridiculous.
The interior trunk release rules are two decades old. Direct your ire elsewhere. There are issues with front trunk releases and those were addressed in the rules at the insistence of Porsche.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So a kid would have to find the keys, find the frunk release, pull it twice, climb in, pull the hatch shut, pull it again to seal.. Seems like it is going to be a pain for adults to operate let alone kids. But whatever... Mine's coming out most likely, unless it somehow proves useful for an organizer.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
unless it's your kid
Well duh. The point being, if we're gonna not allow something because one person does something stupid and dies, we wouldn't allow cars on the road at all. Hell, we wouldn't even allow people to leave their houses. Or use their stairs. Or their bathtubs.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The interior trunk release rules are two decades old. Direct your ire elsewhere. There are issues with front trunk releases and those were addressed in the rules at the insistence of Porsche.
So the fact it's 2 decades old makes it any less of a ridiculous over-reach?

It's gotta be something like #5000 on the "I'll take things that can kill us if we do something stupid and abuse it, Alex" list. Small kids can crawl under the car too. So what's next?... mandated under-the-car-kid detection before the car is allowed to move?

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
FOLKS HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!

I saw the frunk and inside of it is a RECTANGULAR/SQUARE LIGHT THAT IS GLOWING WHITE NEAR THE TOP PASSENGER SIDE OF THE FRUNK. You cannot miss it. It is extremely well lit.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Small kids can crawl under the car too. So what's next?... mandated under-the-car-kid detection before the car is allowed to move?
That's not a bad idea. ?
[/QUOTE]

Did you bother to read what I just posted??? FYI the car does have pedestrian avoidance built in

Flydivesurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER, Model X
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
So the fact it's 2 decades old makes it any less of a ridiculous over-reach?

It's gotta be something like #5000 on the "I'll take things that can kill us if we do something stupid and abuse it, Alex" list. Small kids can crawl under the car too. So what's next?... mandated under-the-car-kid detection before the car is allowed to move?
Your lack of empathy and opposition to common sense regulation has been duly noted. And there is kid detection in the form of pedestrian detection as well as the 360 camera. Nice to know those aren't of interest to you.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
FOLKS HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!

I saw the frunk and inside of it is a RECTANGULAR/SQUARE LIGHT THAT IS GLOWING WHITE NEAR THE TOP PASSENGER SIDE OF THE FRUNK. You cannot miss it. It is extremely well lit.
Are you referring to the emergency release button? It’s currently disabled, hence the discussion.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Are you referring to the emergency release button? It’s currently disabled, hence the discussion.
it worked on the car we saw. I pushed it and heard a click like it was unlocking.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Your lack of empathy and opposition to common sense regulation has been duly noted. And there is kid detection in the form of pedestrian detection as well as the 360 camera. Nice to know those aren't of interest to you.
So your "empathy" must keep you confined to home, right? Because every time you get behind the wheel, you risk hurting someone (or yourself). 38,000 people are killed on US roads every year. 4 million injured.

Common sense says that's a FAR bigger risk than a kid opening a frunk hood and crawling in. This is an issue of addressing the amount of risk involved, and there's clearly a very miniscule amount with this. Especially when compared to a thousand other more likely actions that are more dangerous. But feel free to ignore common sense.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
it worked on the car we saw. I pushed it and heard a click like it was unlocking.
That was preproduction. This isn’t a guess. It says it’s disabled in the owners manual and Darren Palmer confirmed it in the live stream today.
Sponsored