Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My wife learned very on in our relationship that I knew how to handle the money, better than she did. So i manage the finances.
My wife doesn't spend that much without telling me about it first, either.
Sponsored

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
as far as info passed onto here. Done with it everyone have a wonderful day and enjoy whatever car you buy. For a few of you, I will pass on info from today.
TruToLife27, you will be sorely missed. I have always appreciated what you have contributed to this forum. Please know that the vast majority of the users of this forum have nothing but respect for you and the way you have conducted yourself. I will say it again, "You will be sorely missed"

Best wishes to you.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
My wife doesn't spend that much without telling me about it first, either.
Oh i gave her hints before just to see howd she react. She wants me to buy the car so I am safe. She keeps hassling me, when am i going to go order it, so its not like she is completely in the dark. Dont get me wrong when it comes to major purchases we talk about it or ill swing the idea by her and get an idea of her reaction so I cover my bases but I tend to be the final decision maker cause 1) shes very indecisive 2) I tend to be the more cautious spender, always looking for a deal . Last year i bought a washer and dryer for Christmas without telling her but I knew that she wanted new appliances so jumped on a deal. I bought a 75" tv again i hesitated cause it was still expensivr, shes like"buy it buy it" next day went back to the stored ordered it without telling her. It works guys. If you give the idea to the wife and shes all for it and you know what you are doing money wise you should be fine. Its part of the trusting your partner in the relationship -Dr.Phil

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
TruToLife27, you will be sorely missed. I have always appreciated what you have contributed to this forum. Please know that the vast majority of the users of this forum have nothing but respect for you and the way you have conducted yourself. I will say it again, "You will be sorely missed"

Best wishes to you.
I'm still here frank, all is good. Just another Monday in 2020.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The mache is good to go with OKTB but the hold up is getting the shipping plan into effect. The mache is no flaws ready to go everything has passed have a drink and enjoy your family.

The hold up is getting the logistics done with shipping. Ford wants to move around 3,500 units in the next 3 weeks.
I'm not saying you will have 3,500 at dealers sold and consumers have in 3 weeks. I'm saying by the last second of the third week they want 3,500 loaded and on the move.

Covid is hurting everything. We all need to take a deep breath and see none if this is going to go as planned. No matter your auto manufacturer. Any items we are trying to buy in the next few months we are going to have a hard time finding. I hope we all can understand that.

Now back to the car. This week I drove all 4 models of tesla. Each had its things that were great and each had things the other tesla model did better. If the mache better at everything it has then tesla? nope. But overall is it a better vehicle than the model Y? Based on my opinion and what I have done, yes it's better than the model y and the mache is just amazing.

Hope we all can hang out and talk and everyone keeps things fun. No one is always right. But let's try to keep the info we know as facts correct. That's the point of this to help each other to choose what is best for us. Part of the reason many of your youtube vehicle testers don't post too much on forums is that the drama if people don't like what you say (even if facts) they get vindictive with words.

Tesla, Ford, VW, whatever you pick hope it works out for you. I think we all can be happy that you're choosing an EV though.

December 15th right at that time should be a great time for us all and a lot of info we can talk about. Can't wait.

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's so funny.....there are so many wives that are saying hell no to the Grabber Blue.
My wife actually liked the Grabber Blue but the fact that it was only available on the First Edition and the GT made it NOT an option.
FE - did not want black interior (we both hate black interiors due to heat).
GT - another $10,000 and at least 6 more months.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I didnt tell my wife I ordered the car. I wanted the Grabber Blue but it wasnt available so I chose the infinite blue with the light grey interior. A couple of weeks later (without telling her i ordered the car) I showed her the colors. She chose infinite blue with the light grey interior. She still doesnt know i ordered the car.
You are a lucky man!

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dude, I don't spend $500 without telling the wife first. She'd kill me if I ordered a car without telling her.
I generally take the " Beg for forgiveness rather than ask for permission" but in my case I did the order before I told her and figured that if she objected too much I could cancel the reservation and get the $500 back. No real skin in the game.

After I told her she did like the choices (Infinite Blue, AWD, ER, Light Space Grey) and so now we just have to wait for A-Day (Arrival Day).

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I know it is on another thread, but I would have LOVED that cactus gray that the Bronco Sport comes in - with the red calipers on a FE and the red stitched seating that would have been a VERY sharp car. The Area 51 Blue that the Bronco Sport comes in would also have been cool. Grabber Blue is just too "in your face" for my wife.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 2.31.19 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 2.31.44 PM

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I can empathize....my spouse was adamant that I NOT choose Grabber Blue. She claimed it looked too much like a toy and not a grown up vehicle. Fight the battles you can win gentlemen.
...this is why I got divorced a couple years ago ;). Since then, first came the motorcycle. Next, the MME! ? My new lady loves riding the bike and supports the MME choice. Oh, how times have changed. :cool:

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I cant believe the powers that be have not yet worked out the shipping issues. I appreciate that what with Covid and all it probably put a spanner in the works but they surely have had long enough to sort something out. Being totally selfish, how difficult is it to go from the factory to Veracruz and put some on a boat to Europe. Given the size of the US I can see that that might cause a bit more of an issue. Hopefully we will all get our cars very soon. ? ?
Maybe it's this kind of a situation....?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico guzman2

(If you don't get the reference: Pull up "We're the Millers - Funny cop scene" on Youtube. Be forewarned: It's def NOT safe for work, not family friendly, nor is it politically correct)

Last edited:

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
After I told her she did like the choices (Infinite Blue, AWD, ER, Light Space Grey) and so now we just have to wait for A-Day (Arrival Day).
I also liked Light Gray color a lot (it would be so cool with Black exterior color, but Black exterior is hard to have look non-dirty, so, we chose Rapid Red which would match Light Grey pretty good too), but I plan to have the car for a long time and with 6yo kid (no dogs) I just do not see how Light Grey keeps being clean and nice through the years and that made me make a safer choice on interior color.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I didnt tell my wife I ordered the car. I wanted the Grabber Blue but it wasnt available so I chose the infinite blue with the light grey interior. A couple of weeks later (without telling her i ordered the car) I showed her the colors. She chose infinite blue with the light grey interior. She still doesnt know i ordered the car.
I can see it now; parking the new MME in your buddies garage around the corner and telling her you are taking up jogging. What every night you go jogging for hours?
Sponsored