PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw Amarok, Tesla M3, Caterham, Annulé Mach e
Country flag
Not so long ago, before Covid19, anyone who ordered a new Caterham had to wait 24 months .... Imagine if a pandemic had been added o those technical events that did not allow the factory to deliver a pile of new tubes !!!
In short, in view of this, the number of people who suffer on a daily basis from this exceptional situation that we are going through, I believe that we must know how to be happy to be in good health, not to lose loved ones, to have a job. and having to ..... wait !!!!
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not so long ago, before Covid19, anyone who ordered a new Caterham had to wait 24 months .... Imagine if a pandemic had been added o those technical events that did not allow the factory to deliver a pile of new tubes !!!
In short, in view of this, the number of people who suffer on a daily basis from this exceptional situation that we are going through, I believe that we must know how to be happy to be in good health, not to lose loved ones, to have a job. and having to ..... wait !!!!
Exactly. It is a blessing that the worst thing that happened to you this year was that you had to wait a little longer for the really expensive car that you can still afford to buy.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Please read the last few posts and just enjoy the holidays; your car will get here.
Definitely, if my post came off as complaining, I didn’t intend it to. Just sharing notes is all for people seeing their build week come and looking for movement on the Ford website.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Does the Ford reservation page show an 11/23 build week or did you dealer give you that date?
That is from the Ford reservation page. My dealer has sadly not been at all helpful, says no VIN is available but from what everyone else here has said, they either don’t want to take the time to look or don’t want to give it out without explicitly saying they are holding it back.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You know what? I'm even thankful for our local Post Patrol, who keeps us G-rated (mostly) and writes his tickets sparingly.

Stay happy and let's try our best to stay healthy. Happy Chanukah (it still is for a wee bit more) and Merry Christmas! Et cetera. ;)
Would that be GGG Rated?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
So the Rapid Red in the right photo has Euro licence plate frame?
Just noticed that a few minutes ago and got a bit sad...

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Red Mustang MachE
Country flag
I'm just trying to understand the logic of keeping 4000 vehicles in Mexico as opposed to say, moving 2500 of these into secure parking in the Central US. The biggest bottleneck/logistics cost is getting them out of Mexico. The quality gating mechanism can be performed in the US.

Now if the initial 4000-5000 batch was entirely allocated to the Southwest/West Coast, I could see why moving them all at once would make sense.

But we know based on FE self reported orders on this forum/published ETAs that the orders are promising delivery all over the US, so the initial batch can't be soaked up entirely by the sun belt.

What am I missing here?
This is going to be pure speculation, but I know when COVID happened, a lot of products you'd order "Across the border" had HUGE delays just to "make sure the COVID virus has died off". It's fully possible, that the US Border (to bring the goods in, since they are not priority goods) need to have the cars "Quarantined" in Mexico for 2 weeks, and then will be quarantineed again in the US after they have been transported before they can send them to Dealers. Again, this is pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised someone in the government would think in the lines of "Well there could be COVID virus in the vehicles, we need to make sure it doesn't get transmitted through our borders!" and if they shipped vehicles in Europe, maybe Europe aren't as "stringent" in that sense? Anyways, just adding to my pile of guesses as to why there are delays.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag