Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
True anything can change, until one is actually signing the paperwork one won't know the final numbers. However the APR with financing will not change until 3-31 and the MSRP with our without the X-Plan (or the others) will be the same. Any additional incentives as your dealer is saying will come and go.

What am I missing here, just trying to learn?

Leasing APR changes is my guess or additional $ savings?
The financing percentages are all set

5 year 1.9
6 years 3.9
7 years 5.9

What can change are the incentives. Not dealer incentives but Ford. Also depends what Ford does about leasing. Until cars actually arrive financing is an unknown regardless of what the internet says today. They could bring in a flex plan which they have done in the past. The entire concept that everything is set in stone because the internet says so is bogus. Just ask Trump.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
When I leased the Honda Clarity, the $7,500 went towards the down payment as the leaser takes the tax credit. Why is Ford's Red Carpet Lease different?
Ford red carpet is EXACTLY that way. Like I said until cars arrive nothing is known except ONE thing.

An FE with X pricing is $58,487.64

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Ford red carpet is EXACTLY that way. Like I said until cars arrive nothing is known except ONE thing.

An FE with X pricing is $58,487.64
? Ford has essentially said that $7500 has been baked into the residual on the RCL and not going to be passed on as lease cash. Technically it's all cap cost reduction....just harder to see in the form of what works out to be pretty middle of the road residual value.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The title holder gets the tax break. Works that way on all other EV leases where the tax credit is still available.
Except that it's common for the manufacturer to reduce the cap cost by the amount of the credit. VW is doing that on ID.4, for example.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I disagree. I am buying an FE with a value of $60,000. I am buying it because of the car and the Ford incentives. VERY few people look at the tax credit as it is
1. not guaranteed
2. does not impact the monthly car payment.

In short the tax credit assuming you get to use it is just cash after the fact. When people buy a car, tax credit or no credit, they are buying it based on the monthly price. Can I afford this or not??? I do not know of a single person who calculates the POSSIBLE tax consequences. Yes I am self employed so like others we look at the impact of how much can we write off etc., but the tax credit is not even computed until likely October. Most self employed people file in October rather than on April 15. As such it is silly to even calculate what the tax might be.
I can’t imagine most people would fail to take it into account. It’s the sort of thing any salesperson would be loud and proud about if they were trying to sell you an EV to explain why it’s really cheaper than it seems.

Tesla would even factor the federal credit on their website as part of their default pricing when it was still available, they still factor in other state rebates as part of the purchase price. Ford gives you the pre-credit price but eligibility for the tax credit is all over the Mach E page.

I don’t see how it’s realistically possible for anyone to get an EV without finding out about these tax credits, even if they did absolutely no homework and just stumbled into a dealership or Tesla store one day.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I can’t imagine most people would fail to take it into account. It’s the sort of thing any salesperson would be loud and proud about if they were trying to sell you an EV to explain why it’s really cheaper than it seems.
You're giving sales droids (that don't work for Tesla) too much credit :)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Except that it's common for the manufacturer to reduce the cap cost by the amount of the credit. VW is doing that on ID.4, for example.
I don’t know enough about tax law to say Ford is getting the full benefit of that $7500 credit. Do you? Somewhere long ago on here someone said it was more complex for a corporation that may not get the advantage of the full credit. And before someone says “whatabout“ please illustrate it with specific facts or knowledge.
Im not saying their lease program for the ME is great. It isn’t. But Ford can do what they want with their product and you can do what you want with your cash.