Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It's funny that he identifies that as a GT!

It does appear, however, to be a customer delivery in California of a CA Route 1!
And I believe California’s paper plates expire 45 days from sale of the vehicle, so a February 27, 2021 expiration would mean that vehicle was sold today.

StephanHR

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER space white Mini Countryman S
Occupation
head of finance department
Country flag

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Very people ignore the tax credit. Personally, I don't consider it a $7500 value when comparing to say a Model Y, but probably closer to $5000 as it will be a year before I see it. Monthly payment doesn't matter as much as I can increase or lower it depending on down payment and length of loan. If I put $60,000 down then I know I can afford the monthly payment. (ok, I can't easily put that down, but you get the point...)
Why do people keep saying the tax credit happens a year later? As soon as you have a signed contract, you can confidently change withholding or estimated payments to put that tax credit into your IMMEDIATE cash flow. If I take delivery in Feb, my April estimate will be down by $7500. BOOM! Done! Decreasing your withholding will most likely take a few months because you are spreading the $7500 over several paychecks. There are probably more than a dozen posts on this forum explaing this in various levels of detail.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It does appear, however, to be a customer delivery in California of a CA Route 1!
And I believe California’s paper plates expire 45 days from sale of the vehicle, so a February 27, 2021 expiration would mean that vehicle was sold today.
Looks like a Texas temporary tag, not California. I think this is from Dallas given the landscape and since the YouTuber's other videos are in Dallas.

They get a 30-day temporary permit, so I think this puts the vehicle at December 28, 2020.

My guess is that it's this specific car:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Delivery-002

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Looks like a Texas temporary tag, not California. I think this is from Dallas given the landscape and since the YouTuber's other videos are in Dallas.

They get a 30-day temporary permit, so I think this puts the vehicle at December 28, 2020.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Delivery-002
You are right, looking closely at the filmer’s navigation, you can distinctly see highway 75 and Plano (Texas) on there.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Why do people keep saying the tax credit happens a year later? As soon as you have a signed contract, you can confidently change withholding or estimated payments to put that tax credit into your IMMEDIATE cash flow. If I take delivery in Feb, my April estimate will be down by $7500. BOOM! Done! Decreasing your withholding will most likely take a few months because you are spreading the $7500 over several paychecks. There are probably more than a dozen posts on this forum explaing this in various levels of detail.
Sure you can adjust it. But technically you don't claim it on your tax return until the next year. And like they say "its not done till the fat lady sings". The tax rules can can, shit happens, gov runs out of money... Some people feels comfortable doing it while others not. Nothing wrong with them having concerns.

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Temporary paper plate for new cars in Texas good for 60 days.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Because most people aren't going to bother to do that. And even if doing that, it still usually takes most of a year before you get all $7500 back, a little at a time in each paycheck.

Whether getting the last of it back 6 months later, or 12, or 18 is not really the point. The point is that's you have to pay it at time of purchase and then get it back at a different time (usually later). Usually not a big deal for someone that can afford a car as expensive as the Mach-E, but money's still money.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Yep, I think you are right. I was just going by the location tag on the YouTube video that said CA. That does look like a TX temporary tag, not a CA one.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Yep, I think you are right. I was just going by the location tag on the YouTube video that said CA. That does look like a TX temporary tag, not a CA one.
I can confirm that’s the first car picked up in Dallas.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag

it is five star ford dallas

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sure you can adjust it. But technically you don't claim it on your tax return until the next year. And like they say "its not done till the fat lady sings". The tax rules can can, shit happens, gov runs out of money... Some people feels comfortable doing it while others not. Nothing wrong with them having concerns.
I prefer to make choices based on complete and accurate information where possible. If people are making decisions based on incomplete or inaccurate information, then I feel sad for them, particularly if they are spreading that same bad information on this forum and causing other people to make poorly informed decisions. "But technically you don't claim it on your tax return until the next year." I do not agree with this statement or its implied conclusion. Just because a form is not submitted does not make the information that will go on the form less valid. Technically, the "claim" occurs when I take delivery of my vehicle, not when I submit a form a year or more later. There is one potential event that could reduce the immediate benefit of the $7500 tax credit: a loss of income that puts your tax liability below $7500 for 2021. For some people that is a real concern. If they don't use the full $7500 to reduce their Federal Taxes to $0 for 2021, they will roll over the remainder to 2022. I apologize for being OT, but I am not the one who put incorrect information into this thread. Is there a thread that deals with the Federal Tax Credit? I will go look for it now.