Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I have this message in FordPass.
When I click the message it talks about an airbag recall.

Screenshot_20220416-205748_FordPass.jpg
It looks like the link is taking you to the Recalls page: https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

The Takata airbag notice is shown to everyone (even if you don't drive a Ford... it's just always shown). But if you enter in your VIN number it should be able to pull up the current recalls on your specific vehicle.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It looks like the link is taking you to the Recalls page: https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

The Takata airbag notice is shown to everyone (even if you don't drive a Ford... it's just always shown). But if you enter in your VIN number it should be able to pull up the current recalls on your specific vehicle.
Okay thanks. I would be happy if FordPass could find my car. That hasn't worked since the dealer update last week. :)

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Okay thanks. I would be happy if FordPass could find my car. That hasn't worked since the dealer update last week. :)
Interesting... I wonder if it's because they partially updated the vehicle and didn't finish?

To fix this, I would recommend going into SYNC in the vehicle and turn OFF "Connected Services." Then turn it back ON. This worked for another forum member about a month ago.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Interesting... I wonder if it's because they partially updated the vehicle and didn't finish?

To fix this, I would recommend going into SYNC in the vehicle and turn OFF "Connected Services." Then turn it back ON. This worked for another forum member about a month ago.
Thanks! Force closing FP reset it and now my address appears again! Will try and remember the Sync trick too. Maybe that will help with any number of anomalies I have been dealing with since the dealer updated my car. 👍

MachEr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
What’s a BDC?
Business Development Center. Larger dealers would have one (basically a few people whose job is as follows), are always calling customers to schedule recall work, follow up on past repair services, remind customers of upcoming service recommendations based on time/mileage, etc. Basically, creating a constant flow of work into the dealer

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Ah! That's good to know. Since mine's in the shop for the battery module CSP (21B69 - " HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY MODULE UNSEALING ") I can't check to verify which build date mine happened to fall under. Might not have been until September or October of 2021, if I don't miss my guess.

Thanks for sharing the updated info!

CSP 21b69 - whatzat? sounds like this might be at the root of people that had HV contactor issues and 'stop safely now' ? Is this a mechanical connection failure, or software, or ???

GrayWolf

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT (Star White Metallic)
Country flag
CSP 21b69 - whatzat? sounds like this might be at the root of people that had HV contactor issues and 'stop safely now' ? Is this a mechanical connection failure, or software, or ???
You can find more info on this CSP here:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fsa-21b69-high-voltage-battery-module-unsealing.14073/

It's worth noting that this has nothing to do with the 12V battery issues that some cars have had. It's specifically about the HV battery on the car.

Last edited:

YFD_233

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Durango RT,
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Sounds like someone just wants to drive your car. Ha ha.
Exactly what I was thinking! As in my case my expected delivery next week of my GT is the only one the dealership has even laid eyes on so far and I’m in NY. So maybe just maybe!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
UGH mine is at the dealership now, her 12v drained 😫
Good morning, Tracey! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these 12 V concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

OP
OP

MABachE131

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT in DMG
Country flag
Are there other updates I should request while they have it?
I have a GT built in August.
My dealership called. Said my car has an urgent recall and they would like to schedule me within the next few days. Say that it needs the software updated and will take 1 to 2 business days.
The lady on the phone didn't know that the problem was, she was simply a scheduler and said she was just given a list of people to call and schedule. She said she would e mail me more info. The link on the e mail was off course broken.
Does anyone here have any clue what this is??? I figured there would be talk about it here. I have no recall alert in my app and no official e mail from Ford.
It's just 21P22 update. I finally got to talk to my regular service guy this morning. He doesn't know why they told me it was urgent. But, knew they were calling to get everyone scheduled to have it done.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Are there other updates I should request while they have it?
Make a list of your issues. Then, review the SSMs and TSBs that are listed on that thread, and see if any apply.

Mine went in today for BlueCruise update. I also have a PAAK issue, and lost my lane centering once on a 650 mile trip, and once on the way back. And my camera went out pulling into my garage this weekend (back on with a restart).

Those are likely all module issues. The more you flag, the more they can update with Ford paying them for it - they won't do updates just because you are nice to them.

Digitalsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE (replaced 2021 Premium RWD)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is rear seat belt recall for the Mach-e and many other ford vehicles, maybe that was it.
Sponsored