inshimbi

First Name
Mwaba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Is everyone getting their VIN assignments from the dealer or is that just showing up in the ford account? I ask because I doubt that I will ever get that information from my dealer if that is what I am supposed to do.
I have emailed about 11 times, 1 reply which only asked me to call the manager.

I called the manager, explained what I was looking for and he says "I will have someone call you back"
I never received a call back and I have called back everyday to speak to same manager and every time he says I promise today I will have someone call you within the next hour.
Today's call was call #9 this week. He says they are just busy but someone will let me know what my vin is soon. I asked why they dont write It somewhere, or print it and or just email it to me?? he said he has no idea.

I am worried that even if getting a VIN now is not a big deal...I probably will have problems with actually getting the car. I dont want to cancel but then I am so shocked as to how I can send 11 emails, 9 calls, and not even an answer to even just say we dont have the VIN....

any thoughts from anyone?
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
call 800-334-4375, and assuming you have the order number and dealer name, ask what's up. Maybe they'll have a VIN.

OP
OP

inshimbi

First Name
Mwaba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
call 800-334-4375, and assuming you have the order number and dealer name, ask what's up. Maybe they'll have a VIN.
Ok, great. Thank You. I will call that number.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Can someone post a redacted screenshot so I can explain to my dealer where the VIN is located on this computer screen?

OP
OP

inshimbi

First Name
Mwaba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I called the number and I was told the dealer is the only place for me to obtain the VIN. so I guess back to just waiting I go

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I would say it’s time to drive to your dealer, ask to see the sales manager, internet sales manager, or inventory manager, and sit down and make yourself comfortable until they provide you what you’re looking for. If you have little kids, encourage them to feel free to run around and “play with all the new cars” while you’re waiting ? be very polite, but talk extremely LOUDLY about how you understand how difficult it’s been for them and that’s why, after calling X times, you decided to swing by and VISIT IN PERSON. Be very nice, polite, respectful, and LOUD. Be sure everyone in the store clearly hears your plight.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I would say it’s time to drive to your dealer, ask to see the sales manager, internet sales manager, or inventory manager, and sit down and make yourself comfortable until they provide you what you’re looking for. If you have little kids, encourage them to feel free to run around and “play with all the new cars” while you’re waiting ? be very polite, but talk extremely LOUDLY about how you understand how difficult it’s been for them and that’s why, after calling X times, you decided to swing by and VISIT IN PERSON. Be very nice, polite, respectful, and LOUD. Be sure everyone in the store clearly hears your plight.
I say go straight to General Manager. You can't be very nice, polite, respectful, and LOUD. I suggest replacing Loud with Insistent or Persistent. These days, there aren't that many people in the showroom anyway. For future, probably should avoid that particular dealer, but meanwhile tell him that you had heard good things about them, but are dissapointed with this particular experience.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Yes I just bought a used car for my daughter - I was the only customer in the huge Nissan dealership for two days....

OP
OP

inshimbi

First Name
Mwaba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Update: I got my VIN today.

I went to the dealership and asked to speak to the Sales Manager, they had 3 of them. Only one of them had access to the system to find the VIN. The other 2 had never even heard of a Mustang Mach E. I showed them a print out of my order form, even showing where the $500 deposit went to them and they still said that I needed to contact Ford.
It was at this point that the 3rd Manager overheard me complaining and came over and he said he thinks he had seen my order in one of the other "new systems"

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Update: I got my VIN today.

I went to the dealership and asked to speak to the Sales Manager, they had 3 of them. Only one of them had access to the system to find the VIN. The other 2 had never even heard of a Mustang Mach E. I showed them a print out of my order form, even showing where the $500 deposit went to them and they still said that I needed to contact Ford.
It was at this point that the 3rd Manager overheard me complaining and came over and he said he thinks he had seen my order in one of the other "new systems"
The collection of morons that end up working at a typical auto dealer never ceases to amaze me. How is it possible that two of the sales managers know nothing about one of the most hyped vehicles in the ford lineup (after Bronco and the new F150)...it is their job to know this stuff.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The collection of morons that end up working at a typical auto dealer never ceases to amaze me. How is it possible that two of the sales managers know nothing about one of the most hyped vehicles in the ford lineup (after Bronco and the new F150)...it is their job to know this stuff.
Because the volume at which the Mach E will likely sell is very low. With 2000 EV certified dealerships and an estimated 25k 2021's being sold in the US, that comes out to 1 per dealership per month. That low volume makes it hardly worth investing time into.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There are dealers that are actually resentful of the MME and the requirements for dealers to sell the vehicle. They resent the lack of holdback, they resent the modest infrastructure improvements they need to make, they resent limited volume and mostly they resent the somewhat online ordering system. It’s not surprising to me that there’s a lack of interest on their part.

And Ford is hardly unique here. The dealership system is an anachronism. It’s not even needed by old farts like me. Ford is correct in taking steps to morph the buying process into something that works.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Because the volume at which the Mach E will likely sell is very low. With 2000 EV certified dealerships and an estimated 25k 2021's being sold in the US, that comes out to 1 per dealership per month. That low volume makes it hardly worth investing time into.
And same reasons to be cautious in where we take MachE for repairs ... I am sceptical that all dealers will be well versed in service or repair if these vehicles in the beginning. While the 2000 dealers may be certified not sure ho many of them will even see a vehicle for repair often. I am of course hoping I don’t have to visit any dealer at all for repairs other than regular checkup and maintenance.