Volume control fault

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Different day, different new bug……

Seriously, I’ve had some “new and different” bug show up almost every day this week.

GTPE, job 2, never been updated.

Driving home today my screen and volume knob were unresponsive. Clicking to drive modes, they were greyed out.

Volume on steering wheel control worked, seek left and right did not.

Then after 5 minutes of driving, got the error message “Volume Control Fault. Please use the steering wheel control. If the problem persists, please see an authorized dealer for service.”

Shut car down, turned back on, and working normally. Anyone else seen this?

I did a search for “volume control fault” and nothing came up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Volume control fault 8A6BC109-FB21-4086-A91E-0FB7CA9069DB

I also took a video of when it was messing up and then the fault popped up:

Sponsored

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Never had that issue, but every now an then the volume nob will pause my music lol.
resetting Sync is pretty easy to do on the fly.

2GOfast54

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME4 select space white
Occupation
PT
Country flag

Seriously, I’ve had some “new and different” bug show up almost every day this week.

Driving home today my screen and volume knob were unresponsive. Clicking to drive modes, they were greyed out.

Then after 5 minutes of driving, got the error message “Volume Control Fault. Please use the steering wheel control. If the problem persists, please see an authorized dealer for service.”

8A6BC109-FB21-4086-A91E-0FB7CA9069DB.jpeg

Solar flares today ! I had some weird stuff this a.m. when started car radio volume blasting (I always turn off before shut down) and this p.m. start up to drive home,boot up was slower than usual and short time freeze. Maybe solar

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Solar flares today ! I had some weird stuff this a.m. when started car radio volume blasting (I always turn off before shut down) and this p.m. start up to drive home,boot up was slower than usual and short time freeze. Maybe solar
That’s it - blame the Sun. Sheesh, every time something goes wrong, people immediately blame the Sun! Sunburn? People immediately blame the Sun! Global Warming? The Sun! Bad, slushy skiing conditions? The Sun! Retreating glaciers? That’s right - the Sun! The poor Sun’s the Rodney Dangerfield of the Solar System! You know, if we keep picking on it, it will someday get angry and oh, boy, you don’t want to be around then ????

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There was the Blue cruise map update yesterday for build 2. It caused my Sync screen to be frozen until the next car restart.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Good morning! Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and some more details on the Sync problems you are experiencing? I would like to see what I can do to assist.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good morning! Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and some more details on the Sync problems you are experiencing? I would like to see what I can do to assist.
Did that a few days ago and included this in an update. Unfortunately they just closed the ticket and didn’t respond to my update.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Any indication that you received the BlueCruise map update? That always causes Sync to get thrown out of whack.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
That’s it - blame the Sun. Sheesh, every time something goes wrong, people immediately blame the Sun! Sunburn? People immediately blame the Sun! Global Warming? The Sun! Bad, slushy skiing conditions? The Sun! Retreating glaciers? That’s right - the Sun! The poor Sun’s the Rodney Dangerfield of the Solar System! You know, if we keep picking on it, it will someday get angry and oh, boy, you don’t want to be around then ????
I’m pretty sure the sun is the reason for the 5 second cap. Also for the bad range during the winter.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I heard volume only works in unbridled mode, the only true driving mode ?

I had mine lock up once and only once. I did a restart using vol down and seek next and never had an issue since.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Any indication that you received the BlueCruise map update? That always causes Sync to get thrown out of whack.
I received it and Sync didn't even flinch. Worked just like always.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Volume control fault PXL_20220210_182919496

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Once I had the entire display lock up in the middle of a trip, right after leaving the EA charging station. I was only relying on the built in navigation, so I had to pull over on the side of the road until I could get Google Maps pulled up on my phone and use that for navigation. (I didn't know where to turn next.) I left Sync alone and eventually it rebooted by itself. Never happened since.

None of this really bothers me. Yes, I wish Sync were more stable, but it is a rare inconvenience when it burps.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Haven't seen that. ...yet. but I often get AUDIO OFF for no reason (well, the sun...)

Driving along with both hands on top of the wheel, not touching the SYNC or wheel controls or talking/singing along, and all of a sudden
Ford Mustang Mach-E Volume control fault IMG_4364
AUDIO OFF

Damn annoying.

Hmmm after uploading the image, I see in the lower left the USB 'logo/symbol' with Audio Off, but I know I wasn't playing any USB music and I also see the SiriusXM buttons are not selected. I wonder if the problem is related? eVee is trying to stop SiriusXM and loading up the USB music and something craps out? But when I hit the center dial to turn the sound on, it's back to Sirius.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Once I had the entire display lock up in the middle of a trip, right after leaving the EA charging station. I was only relying on the built in navigation, so I had to pull over on the side of the road until I could get Google Maps pulled up on my phone and use that for navigation. (I didn't know where to turn next.) I left Sync alone and eventually it rebooted by itself. Never happened since.

None of this really bothers me. Yes, I wish Sync were more stable, but it is a rare inconvenience when it burps.
So far it’s all just minor inconveniences.

But recently it’s been a NEW/Different inconvenience every day this week. I turn my car on and don’t know what to expect!

None of it is worth a trip to the dealer since 1. They don’t have a fix and 2. It would be very hard to replicate.

That’s why I keep taking pictures and video when it acts up in case something really breaks.
Sponsored