s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Just wanted to point out that the Mach E, VW ID vehicles, and Fisher are all using the same battery packs and type to help mass produce things. So before comparing bayteries to the other they are all the same.

this is also if I remember correctly as well. This is why Fisher has to push production back another year as he will be using VW battery packs. VW has to release their car first so it’s all on the ID 4 to go into production
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Prefer the id.3 vs the 4 but usa and it unfortunate and odd allergic reaction to hatchbacks (despite suvs and cuvs being hatchbacks) means we are obviously not good enough to get that one :(, think the cuv coupe version of the id.4 gtx or what ever it ends up being badged will look nicer.

Interesting to see how popular the id.4 turns out to be as the prices are competitive, factor in 3 years of free charging and if the lease rates are good it may have a lot of takers.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 12.11.53 PM.png

It's not fair to compare ID.4 with Mach E SR or ER. Since Ford charges $5000 for 70 miles of RWD range. We'll say the 20 miles of range in ID.4 is worth $1400.

Under this assumption:
* ID.4 RWD is $7400 cheaper than equivalent Mach E RWD
* ID.4 AWD is $4400 cheaper than equivalent Mach E AWD

Additionally:
* Mach E is eligible for a roughly $800 X-Plan discount
* The details of ID.4 in the context of VW Partner Program is currently not clear.

Is the price difference worth going cheaper? I guess it depends on individual situation and preferences.
Can't forget to factor in fords Incentives and x plan price.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Agree that it actually is a compelling alternative. The lease rates are actually pretty good (they knock $7500 off price to compensate for fed rebate), and in general it has what I would really want except for LKA. But, the lease is cheap enough I can justify keeping my convertible so that's actually a fair tradeoff.

hmm...

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Agree that it actually is a compelling alternative. The lease rates are actually pretty good (they knock $7500 off price to compensate for fed rebate), and in general it has what I would really want except for LKA. But, the lease is cheap enough I can justify keeping my convertible so that's actually a fair tradeoff.

hmm...
You don't mean Lane Keep Assist. You mean Lane Centering. Right? (Because ID.4 clearly has the former, called "Lane Assist" in VW lingo.)

The ID.4 also has Lane Centering. It's called "Travel Assist" in VW lingo. See Video:

All of that is part of IQ.DRIVE (VW lingo for "Ford Co-Pilot 360").

On Hands Free:
* ID.4 doesn't have Hands Free.
* On the plus side, VW uses "capacitative sensor" for hands detection on cars equipped with Travel Assist. In my opinion, this is significantly better than torque/weight sensor. I was annoyed by false hands-not-on-wheel alerts when test driving Model 3 and when driving rentals in Europe.
* Depending on your perspective, having better hand detection might beat having hands free. Sure, hands free is clear more convenient than better hands detection. However, Hands Free is only available in select highway.

Last edited:

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Looks like the ID4 does not have the tinted glass to keep the light and heat out. Part of the reason they included the sun shade.
It looks like ID.4 also doesn't come up with a 240V mobile charger. (They didn't mention it in press release. But I guess It's either no charger at all, or some pathetic charger like e-Golf.)

It sure feels like VW is bean counting when it comes to ID.4 equipment.

Last edited:

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
The interior is more interesting than the meh exterior. The outside makes me think of the electric compliance 'before' vehicle that Ford scrapped in favor of the Mach-E design. No real wow factor on the outside of the ID.4.
I yawned and almost fell asleep after seeing that exterior design. If you like vanilla, you'll love that SUV. I understand that not all cars can be compelling, but seriously, that is dull.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Definitely can't blame anyone for making the ID.4 order. Playing in the builder I can get a pretty well maxed out AWD version with 3 years of free charging and towing capability for $10k less then my MME order. I'm coming up at $49,675 for the AWD with Statement/Gradient package. That's a tough pill to swallow.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Definitely can't blame anyone for making the ID.4 order. Playing in the builder I can get a pretty well maxed out AWD version with 3 years of free charging and towing capability for $10k less then my MME order. I'm coming up at $49,675 for the AWD with Statement/Gradient package. That's a tough pill to swallow.
There's no way I can go through another 7-8 months of waiting for my BEV. It feels like ages since I put in my MME reservation on 11/17. The ID.4 is tempting, yes, but who's to say that there's going to be another option in that timeframe that's more compelling.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
There's no way I can go through another 7-8 months of waiting for my BEV. It feels like ages since I put in my MME reservation on 11/17. The ID.4 is tempting, yes, but who's to say that there's going to be another option in that timeframe that's more compelling.
And that is if there are no more delays. True

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
No desire to wait longer here either. I'm a premium though and really not sure I know much more about Ford's timeline than VW for my car. For all I know it could be 7-8 months for my MME.