VW ID.4 Unveiled Today

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I put in a reservation. It's $100 so why not? AWD Pro, white with light gray interior.

It's not particularly interesting to look at and the specs are only good when compared to fossil crossovers.

I think it is notable that VW is not marketing this against Tesla Model Y or Mustang Mach-E. Instead, Volkswagen is specifically saying this is an alternative to Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV, Mazda CX-5.

I guess that means Ford Escape buyers would never shop for this?

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
It looks like ID.4 also doesn't come up with a 240V mobile charger. (They didn't mention it in press release. But I guess It's either no charger at all, or some pathetic charger like e-Golf.)

It sure feels like VW is bean counting when it comes to ID.4 equipment.
240V is incluses, have seen it on a video

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Well, they're building them now. External factors beyond VW's control in the US are another matter.

Volkswagen ID.4 Release Date
Volkswagen will offer a limited quantity of the ID.4 in North America for delivery by December 2020 to the first group of online reservation holders. Those without a reservation will be able to buy an ID.4 as supply becomes available throughout 2021.

Global demand for the ID.4 is expected to be strong and quantities will be scarce until Volkswagen begins operating a second factory for the ID.4 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The first two model years of Volkswagen ID.4 will be built at Volkswagen’s factory in Zwickau, Germany. In fact, Volkswagen has already started production in Germany to build inventory before the official release.

How many 100, 200, 2,000? why not say the amount that will make it. You know why because there are always delays my friend.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
5 things that makes me think 1- It's probably gone be more affordable for a lot of people 2- It has roof rails 3- It has 2700 lbs towing capacity 4- It has a heat pump 5- It has much of the MME tech except maybe Hands Free Driving but.....

It will only be available in the spring in it's base model so if you are lucky and reserve soon enough you might get one then. For those like me who expect their MME in March-April it's yet another gamble, the problem beeing that we cannot test drive and see the actual cars and if you miss your opportunity you are good for another 7 to 8 months wait at best. For those wanting an AWD it will only be available in the summer of 2021 , so once again for me it would be a big gamble. I had ordered a Kia Niro EV in August 2019 and canceled it in May 2020 to keep my MME order so I'm not changing again otherwise I'l never have an EV by the end of the decade. Besides the fact that although it'l probably be a good car, it doesn't have the soul of the Mustang Mach-E. So Ford please give us good news soon.

Baker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smart EV
Country flag
There's no way I can go through another 7-8 months of waiting for my BEV. It feels like ages since I put in my MME reservation on 11/17. The ID.4 is tempting, yes, but who's to say that there's going to be another option in that timeframe that's more compelling.
Delivefy offre the ID.4 in USA is scheduled in first part of 2021!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
why not say the amount that will make it
For the same reason Ford won't give people official confirmation if they got their FE through Mach Drop, or when Job 1 is, or when scheduling is to be done, or when EPA numbers will be released, or when there will be a date for a date for any of that.

If it weren't for you and others giving us the inside info I think many would have just moved on already.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For the same reason Ford won't tell people if they got their FE through Mach Drop, or when Job 1 is, or when scheduling is to be done, or when EPA numbers will be released, or when there will be a date for a date for any of that.

If it weren't for you and others giving us the inside info I think many would have just moved on already.
that is my whole point ford tesla VW all can through numbers out there. But with covid 19 everything is tight lipped in case times stated are not meet. The all wheel drive VW could wind up pushed back to 2022. The plant to build them has not been built yet. VW will expand there to make the ID4.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I hear you, I moved over to this side of the pond ages ago and have no intention of moving back to cold miserable wet weather anytime soon,, however when it comes to car choice all the good stuff just never gets sent over here :(.If you like hot hatches choices are very limited.

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
It seems like everyone is comparing the pricing of the ID4 to the extended range version of the Mach E.

We don't know what the range of the AWD ID4 will be (the information pop-up states that "Different vehicle variants, including AWD, will have different ranges"). Yes, comparing RWD standard ranges, the ID4 wins by 20 miles. But by my calculation, a fully maxed ID4 Pro AWD is just under $50,000, while my Mach E is just under $53,000.

I think I'm alright with paying the $3,000 difference for a quicker, far more visually appealing car, that will arrive hopefully a few months earlier.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It seems like everyone is comparing the pricing of the ID4 to the extended range version of the Mach E.

We don't know what the range of the AWD ID4 will be (the information pop-up states that "Different vehicle variants, including AWD, will have different ranges"). Yes, comparing RWD standard ranges, the ID4 wins by 20 miles. But by my calculation, a fully maxed ID4 Pro AWD is just under $50,000, while my Mach E is just under $53,000.

I think I'm alright with paying the $3,000 difference for a quicker, far more visually appealing car, that will arrive hopefully a few months earlier.
The x plan and incentives knock that down to about 1,000 difference. More incentives are coming also but hey what do I know?

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today 1600907775829

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
The interior says Chevy Bolt to me. I’m really glad to see more BEV’s coming, but this one is not for me. I want my ME. The three years free charging is a great bonus I wish Ford would offer. Since 90% of charging is at home, how much would it really cost Ford? I tweeted Ford out on that.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
If you do make the switch, we expect to hear about the car. Good luck if you do.
Sponsored