John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Warning: there's at least one person on here who will see fit to argue with you about this no matter how you present it or how right you are.
Are you trying to “start” something or push someone’s “buttons”??
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Interesting video on the ID4. HATE that white wheel and instrument clusters. Look like something out of a power wheels Barbie car.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Good to see VW letting reviewers actually drive the thing for a while on real roads rather than just taking them for a 30 second ride in a circle.
Such conflicting info on the 0-60 for the ID.4. I think the most official number is 8.5 seconds, and everything specifications subject to change. As he had a prototype, I wonder if the 0-60 could be better than the final product. It will be good to see where it lands at, especially the AWD version.

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
Agreed, that location on the right rear is the worst of all locations. Inconvenient because you have to back into charging stalls and very puzzling why it would be located on the opposite side of the driver.
A port on the passenger rear area would be ideal for me due to how I park in my garage, but I will make do with the driver side front port because I really want the mach e. Also I'm in the habit of backing into spots anyway because if was drilled into our heads at work for being safer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just got around to listening to Robert Llewellyn review the id.3 on Fully Charged and it really makes me with two things:
1) VW were releasing this in the US
2) More Americans would buy smaller cars

The id.3 sounds like a real game changer and would blow the Leaf out of the water.

No, I'm not having second thoughts about the Mach E but for a small economy BEV, the id.3 sounds awesome.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I just got around to listening to Robert Llewellyn review the id.3 on Fully Charged and it really makes me with two things:

The id.3 sounds like a real game changer and would blow the Leaf out of the water.

No, I'm not having second thoughts about the Mach E but for a small economy BEV, the id.3 sounds awesome.
Its quite possible they may bring to the US after the first year - they are perhaps aiming for a higher price point market than the id3 for their first year with this platform.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

If OTHER people on the road with me want to buy smaller cars, fine by me. But I don't want anything smaller. ID.4 would be the minimum size for my tastes. ID.3 is too small.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Bjorn Nyland has many good things to say about it as well.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Id.3 euroNCAP crash test result under the tougher 2020 test, expect the id.4 to score similar. Interesting to see it has the middle air bag wonder if the mach-e will have similar

Sponsored