We have a working Frunk Button in FordPass!

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Just a question for those of you with and without the frunk button;
Those with frunk button, do you use PAAK?
And those without, do you not use PAAK?

I ask because another Mach-e deivered to my dealer the same day as mine and built the same week, the new owner setup PAAk and has the frunk button. I never setup PAAK and do not have the button! I always have my FOB and do not trust my phone for anything besides making phone calls.

Tony

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Just a question for those of you with and without the frunk button;
Those with frunk button, do you use PAAK?
And those without, do you not use PAAK?

I ask because another Mach-e deivered to my dealer the same day as mine and built the same week, the new owner setup PAAk and has the frunk button. I never setup PAAK and do not have the button! I always have my FOB and do not trust my phone for anything besides making phone calls.

Tony
You have to setup PaaK to get the frunk button in FordPass. Unless you have a Job 1 car, in which case you won’t have it either way.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Holy Crap. Huge celebration picnic this weekend. Fill your Frunks with chicken 🍗 wings and 🦐 shrimp

err wait. Huge heat wave wrapping ‘merica. Jes sayin. Let’s wait to celebrate in the fall.

PS First photo for JLO and Cowboys fans

BURP!

Ford Mustang Mach-E We have a working Frunk Button in FordPass! E3D5C7DE-74E8-4189-BA95-91F1872A7247
Ford Mustang Mach-E We have a working Frunk Button in FordPass! E79B6488-BD87-4E15-9A55-31632B288911

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Someone remind me please. Is there any hope that this functionality comes to the job 1 2021's? Please?
Meh. Personally, I’ve given up on there ever being a remote release for the Frunk on 2021 job 1 cars. I use mine regularly, a FP button, fob button or even a button on the sync screen would be welcome.

But really, if Ford won’t spring for a second fob for 2021 job 1 cars, why would I think they’re going to pay their engineers (software and otherwise) to give us this feature? I’ve also seen nothing to indicate the Frunk remote release is on the radar for early cars. Mind you, I’ve also seen nothing to indicate it’s not in the works either. But it’s been 18 months now, so …

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
Just a head fake wait until the next version of FordPass comes out and it will disappear just like the rest of us 22 owners. :p
My FordPass (4.18.0) doesn't work on my Pixel 6. Works fine on my wife's iPhone. Called FordPass 5 times, I give them our case number and they try, someone will call you in 5 to 9 days, and nothing! Really frustrating. Getting to the point that I don't miss it!

The good news, our AWD, Premium, ER in DMG has been fantastic! Knock on wood!!!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My FordPass (4.18.0) doesn't work on my Pixel 6. Works fine on my wife's iPhone. Called FordPass 5 times, I give them our case number and they try, someone will call you in 5 to 9 days, and nothing! Really frustrating. Getting to the point that I don't miss it!

It works fine on my Pixel 6 (T-Mobile).

You might try signing out of the app and logging back in. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Are you signing in with the same account as the one used on your wife's phone?

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag

Working here on a P6 as well. Try @macchiaz-o 's suggestions.

Peter Rijs

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e AWD long range
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Weird, My fob has the frunk button . . and it does not work. Car has been delivered in the Netherlands / Europe. We even had a recall for a second fob to be delivered.

20220725_091730.jpg

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I'd say I use the Frunk a moderate amount, at the grocery store, sports equipment, for sure Take Out ect... I hate stuff rolling around the trunk. Since no cargo net available.

I would love a Frunk Release; but would prefer an automatic up and down like the Trunk or the Lightning's Frunk. Just doesn't seem like it should be that hard to program. But alas, I'm lucky I can turn on my chromebook in the morning. So not my area of expertise. :(

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
When I first read the title of this thread I got so excited. I thought all of us job 1’s who have been waiting so long for this feature would be celebrating too today. I’ve been saving my Ford Reward $ to purchase a second fob when one exists with a frunk release. Guess I better use them on something else before they expire.