Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Civic Type R, 2014 Fiesta ST
Occupation
FinTech Project Mgr
Country flag
Im not sure what kind of paint color correction you are talking about? No, I just used an orbital polisher with a good compound to remove all the water marks and blemishes in the finish coat before applying the C Quartz...
I’ll get an Xpel film bra installed on the front now that I’ve got the whole car coated... I have one on my other Mustang and it really saves the paint from all the sandblasting on the road.
Congrats in the lovely pair of mustangs! Paint correction occurs before polish. Using a more abrasive compound to fix defects in the clear coat and other issues like paint over spray.

Curious to read that you've applied ceramic coating and now putting ppf over it? I didn't think that was possible as ppf doesn't adhere to ceramic coating. Maybe I'm mistaken.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
I just applied the Adam's Polish ceramic coating this weekend. Took about 90 minutes to complete the entire car and it came out great. I have used this same process on my prior vehicles and the protection was great! Makes washing a breeze and facilitates an easy wipe down instead of frequent washes.

Here is a video of the DIY process I used:

Mach E 1.jpg

Mach E 2.jpg
Mach E's first rain storm... Adam's Polish Ceramic coating seems to be doing the job!
Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? Mach E 3 in Rain

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Last edited:

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Once you do a DIY Ceramic Coating can you reapply the same Ceramic Coating again in a month or so? Can you continue to reapply for as long as you own the car? Any problem with using other Ceramic Coatings or Waxes?

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
Once you do a DIY Ceramic Coating can you reapply the same Ceramic Coating again in a month or so? Can you continue to reapply for as long as you own the car? Any problem with using other Ceramic Coatings or Waxes?
I applied chemical guys ceramic base coat then ceramic wax

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
Yes, you can apply multiple coats in one session. Best not to wait as you would need to re-prep the surface (clay bar or compound) to remove new contaminants that the surface may have acquired. Otherwise, you are sealing those into the second coating.

Instead of continuing to reapply, use the "boost" formulas that are similar to a detail spray to keep the surface like new.

There are also several paste waxes meant especially for ceramic coated surfaces, although I have never used/needed one.

swingdj

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Certified Financial Planner
Country flag
It's your car. You are free to do so. Well, free to pay for the detailing. ;)

I'm a fan of ceramic coatings but others may not be. That's quite alright.

EDIT: I might add that I like the UV protection from good ceramic coatings. UV light is stunningly high where I live and it ages paint jobs quickly.
I am going to DIY ceramic coat my MME in the next week or three. Would you suggest coating all of the glass in addition to the paint? From what I’ve read there’s no reason not to. It’s Crystal Serum Light.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I am going to DIY ceramic coat my MME in the next week or three. Would you suggest coating all of the glass in addition to the paint? From what I’ve read there’s no reason not to. It’s Crystal Serum Light.
I did the windshields on another vehicle with a DIY high-quality ceramic coating. 1 year later they're still fine and still shedding water like it when it was first applied. The only caveat to that is that this doesn't get driven much and is rarely out in the rain or fog.

Personally, I'd do it.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I did the windshields on another vehicle with a DIY high-quality ceramic coating. 1 year later they're still fine and still shedding water like it when it was first applied. The only caveat to that is that this doesn't get driven much and is rarely out in the rain or fog.

Personally, I'd do it.
Thoughts about the roof?