David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Prem ER AWD, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
I'll be selling our 2019 Subaru Outback back to CarMax this week. We bought it just a couple months before the pandemic broke, as it was to be my commuter car on regular 3-hour one-way trips to Spokane and back for work. Then the pandemic hit, and that didn't happen. So it only has about 14,000 miles on it! When all is said and done, we're selling it back for only a bit less than the original msrp, so I'll take it, and we can save the payments while we wait.

Still don't have a production date (ordered 4/30, Prem ER Dark Matter Grey), but with baby on the way in September, we won't be needing to be a 2 car family for a few months.... and signs pointing to the used car market prices going down, we wanted to pounce and get the best return.

Sadly, living in the intermountain west (Walla Walla, WA), a run to CarMax means a 3 hour drive and a flight home! (But they're offering $1,400 more than the best offer around here...)
Sponsored

Entropy512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevrolet Bolt LT
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I won't be making the final decision until after a vacation at the end of this month, and I also need to look into some of the fine mechanics of my current loan (I took it more for the purposes of establishing a firmer credit rating than due to financial necessity, and the bank officer hinted that paying it off in less than 2 years might not have as much of a positive effect as if I waited a bit longer), but based on some things I've recently had people confirm here, I'm very seriously considering replacing my 2020 Bolt with a Mach-E.

I still plan on keeping my old 2009 Outback for long trips, at least until the CCS network is built out a bit more. Plus having a second vehicle makes it so much easier to keep my car maintained on my own.

OP
OP
VaderMachE

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
I won't be making the final decision until after a vacation at the end of this month, and I also need to look into some of the fine mechanics of my current loan (I took it more for the purposes of establishing a firmer credit rating than due to financial necessity, and the bank officer hinted that paying it off in less than 2 years might not have as much of a positive effect as if I waited a bit longer), but based on some things I've recently had people confirm here, I'm very seriously considering replacing my 2020 Bolt with a Mach-E.

I still plan on keeping my old 2009 Outback for long trips, at least until the CCS network is built out a bit more. Plus having a second vehicle makes it so much easier to keep my car maintained on my own.
That's exactly why I'm holding on to my fusion hybrid. More electric fill up places are needed, and then there's the issue if something breaks. No parts and no loaners is an issue. When that clears, someone will purchase a very clean fusion!

IMG_20210808_140949769_HDR.jpg

Jayhawkoholic

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang MachE Premium AWD
Occupation
Film/Television
Country flag
I sold my 2011 Kia Optima Hybrid to the dealer. It had 109k and a big dent in the side from a hit and run I got a month after buying it used. I got $4500 for it after buying it for $8500 two years ago.

I really liked the car, but the GPS was outdated so I never used it. And the speaker phone and speakers sucked.

I wanted to a fully EV car to utilize my apartments new electric docks they installed.

still a tad indifferent on the look,,but I love driving the car. I’m hoping adding a vinyl grill and black out rims will add a lot to it.

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
This could be fun, and might bring out pics of cool cars. What vehicle did you let go of to get your MME? I have an every day driver (Ford Fusion Hybrid), but I've always kept a "toy car" for fun. I parted with my 2018 Honda Civic Type R for my Mach E. This shows the level of commitment I have to this vehicle, as I loved the Civic. So, let's hear, or see what you moved on from.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What car did you give up for MME?? 9D9426A9-E514-4423-96F9-5126C058AC43
2014 Focus Electric.

Jayhawkoholic

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang MachE Premium AWD
Occupation
Film/Television
Country flag
Nah that looks like space white. It’s the best colour. I’m biased.
I like that color a ton! I have carbonized grey- I get lots of compliments, but I feel it’s missing something. I don’t hate it though.

pooter03

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Because I have a ridiculously short commute (3 miles) I lease new cars every three years. The 3 previous ones were hybrid or PHEV.
From oldest to newest:
4. Hyundai Sonata Turbo (my last ICE car)
3. Ford Fusion Energy (the first hybrid I owned/leased. However, my family business had a Toyota Prius that I had been driving since 2006.)
2. Kia Optima PHEV (30 miles on the battery compared to 20 on the Fusion.) Enough that I could also do local shopping without using gas.)
1. 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E. (The first all-electric car I've ever owned/leased.)

The last few cars were practical but boring. They accelerated with all the enthusiasm of an out of shape person going for a run. However, my brother-in-law has owned a Tesla Model S since 2012 and I have driven it plenty of times. Fortunately, my Mach E is about equally fast off the line, so I've been having a lot of fun so far (and it is practical too!) :) Also, it was his experience with Tesla that made me avoid them. The Tesla has been in the shop at least twice a year if not more and Tesla's customer service isn't particularly great.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Going to sell my 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid with only 30000 miles, I don't drive much but have had hybrids since 2007, right thing to do. The MME I just ordered will be first BEV. A little nervous on range at 300 miles, since my Accord had a 750 mile range but I will adjust.
Carvana offered me 20K last week for my car, but not sure I want to share a car with my husband for 6 months!! LIke someone else noted, very disappointed with Honda EV strategy and I do love Honda........

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E What car did you give up for MME?? IMG_3219

Well I didn't give up any car for the Mach-E because we bought the Mach-E for my wife! She gave up her 2015 Audi A5 Cabriolet... and after a summer of no top-down fun she sorta regrets giving the A5 up!

So for next summer we will be on the lookout for her true bucket list item which I fully support... a Porsche 911 Cabriolet :)

Ken Josing

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wife has Ford Explorer; I have GMC Sierra Denali PU. Kept them both!

Mach-E is no longer on the “Bucket List”. We drive it all the time while the other two keep each other company in the other garage.
Sponsored