GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Because my wife loves it, an unburied button for the 360 camera display.
When you stop driving and put it into park a few things should auto pop up:
Open frunk/trunk buttons
Camera button
Pet Mode
etc
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mathington

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
OP
OP
Mathington

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Using the last setting of the climate control during a remote start is a setting that you can change.
Oh really? Damn, where can I change this?!?!

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now that Ford is rolling out OTA PowerUps up to 2.8.3 to enable BlueCruise for all eligible vehicles, I have started wondering what Ford has planned for the next round of OTA updates.

We do see intelligent range predictions being pushed out via OTA to EA members, and there is mention of a new user interface coming later this fall.

I know we all have a wish list, but I would like to know what do you all think Ford will actually push
out, aside from the highly demanded frunk button?

Summary of what should be possible, "easy" wins:
- On-Route pre-conditioning
- Charging power in the IPC or Infotainment screens
-Frunk Button (on infotainment and FordPass app)
-On-demand pre-conditioning or temp control from the FordPass app
-Power/regen meter from the GT or Lightning
-Pet Mode
-Intelligent range predictions
-Full screen Android Auto

Personally, these alone would make for a very satisfying series of future PoweUps for Mach-E and Lightning owners.

Agreed. Just got 2.8.3 ... now, I want more. Frunk button please!

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now that Ford is rolling out OTA PowerUps up to 2.8.3 to enable BlueCruise for all eligible vehicles, I have started wondering what Ford has planned for the next round of OTA updates.

We do see intelligent range predictions being pushed out via OTA to EA members, and there is mention of a new user interface coming later this fall.

I know we all have a wish list, but I would like to know what do you all think Ford will actually push

-Pet Mode

Personally, these alone would make for a very satisfying series of future PoweUps for Mach-E and Lightning owners.
I think there is a problem with auto frunk opening. It could be a Fed issue too. No ice cars that I’m aware of can open the hood automatically. I’ll bet it’s considered a safety issue that in the event of a electric glitch the frunk lid could pop open at highway speed and lead to a tragic accident. Now there’s no way the hood comes up without the driver’s wish; and it’s double safety since it takes 2 pulls. On an ICE vehicle there is an inside release but then you must release the hood from the front of the car.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

-Pet Mode

I would like to see Blue Cruise actually work. I have 2.8.3 and the Lane Centering with Hands Free menu option, but it still doesn't work. I received a letter from Ford saying it could take several week for BC. I got 2.8.3 on June 1st. Still waiting for BC to kick in.

OP
OP
Mathington

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Given the new recall, I would assume that the next OTA from Ford will be the "fix" for the contactor overheating. I would be curious to see if they include any other features, but I doubt it given how focused Ford is with fixing this.

MUSTGLFR

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.efficient2Sustainable.ca
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
EHS consultant
Country flag
Seems minor, but I would like to control the sound level of the turn signal. Sometimes I forget I left the signal on because its so quiet. Feel like a dope.

Alternatively, implement a reminder notice if the signal is left on for more than 30 seconds.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
All good suggestions. Thank you for compiling, and hopefully the Mach E product team at Ford is following this thread.

I'm betting the Power / Regen meter was an intentional way to differentiate the GT trim from the Premium. Those trims seem very similar to each other, and I bet they worked to make as many things unique to the GT as possible. Even though its just software and could easily be ported to the non-GT IPC display.
The power/regen meter is pretty JV in its execution IMO. It's as if they let the intern add it.

The F150 Lightning or hell, even the Ford Escape PHEV (see below) has a much better/more useful display.

MY20SYNC_CX482_SxCluster_FHEV_EVCoach.jpg

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company would be nice to have an option in navigation to indicate "charger available at destination"

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
The power / regen meter is really one of those should standard on all BEVs things however the primary reason it appears on GT/ GTPE is due to the serious performance limitations of the vehicle :( So you can see how crippled the performance on GT/ GTPE is going to potentially be and during you pushing the go pedal.
I would bet anything that Ford is regretting adding it as people seem to get fixated on it. This is the same reason manufacturers like to put dummy gauges in cars that always read dead center if the measurement is in parameters.

Perfect example of this is the F-150. People used Forscan to enable digital temp readouts of coolant and trans temp...there are folks who've done so who are furious because their trans temp is 10deg warmer than everyone else's on the forum and the dealer won't do anything because 205 and 215 are both well within spec.
Sponsored