What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else?

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Meanwhile, VW has released pictures of the ID4 dash:
https://electrek.co/2020/09/04/vw-id-4-interior-tesla-inspirations/

It's interesting that this article ends with a note that it won't be available in the US until production in TN starts in 2022. That's not what was previously speculated.
I guess we'll know more later in this month's reveal.
It appears to be much like the ID.3, not a big surprise. As to availability, I also wouldn't be surprised if we don't see until Tennessee production starts.
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's longer than that and the effects are going to be going on for a long time. The only reason Tesla was able to start producing vehicles somewhat fast is that they broke the law in Alameda County. I doubt we've seen the end of the effects on the automotive industry.

Your need for an SUV for the winter is understandable though. If you go that route, let us know how you like the vehicle.
And if it has all the bolts for the suspension ???

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
It's interesting that this article ends with a note that it won't be available in the US until production in TN starts in 2022. That's not what was previously speculated.
I guess we'll know more later in this month's reveal.
I think that is what was always speculated before, and was only recently there was one article the implied it would be sooner.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
ID. 4 gets 4,200lbs tow rating. Ouch Ford.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
While at a 4-way stop sign today I saw a blue Model Y across from me. As it drove by it really made me do a double-take. It’s a sharp looking vehicle. Enough to make me cancel my First Edition order? Not yet, but wow.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
While at a 4-way stop sign today I saw a blue Model Y across from me. As it drove by it really made me do a double-take. It’s a sharp looking vehicle. Enough to make me cancel my First Edition order? Not yet, but wow.
This is why they build different car models. I think the thing is only surpassed in ugliness by the Model 3. :)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
To each their own I guess. Subjective.
Absolutely. And if Telsa was taking body style advice from me, they'd likely be out of business! An awful lot of people agree with you and not with me.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
To each their own I guess. Subjective.
Absolutely. And if Telsa was taking body style advice from me, they'd likely be out of business! An awful lot of people agree with you and not with me.
I actually like the look of the 3, but for my taste the Y is too "stretched up" for my taste (if that phrase makes sense). As you said, to each their own.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While I don't care for the car, I love the color. Wish the Mach-e had a similar blue. It might have knocked me off the red.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Wow, to follow on Sept. 23!
Will be good to hear what they mean by later when for the id.4 they state:
"with plans to produce and sell the e-SUV not only in Europe, but also in China and later in the USA.", it's a bit too ambiguous right now what they mean by "later", and if it will be in all states, or start out as limited to carb states.

I'm still waiting for a test drive for the Mach E, so until then I'll keep my options open, and a lower price while still having AWD and similar range would definitely be considered as long as it doesn't add another year of waiting....
Sponsored