What would make you cancel your Mach-E reservation and buy something else?

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I look at the Model Y's form factor, specifications, and utility and absolutely love them. However, the packaging is just not there. It's not a good looking crossover.

I can imagine the Mustang Mach-E in my driveway and feeling the urge to go for a drive just
by looking at it. With the Y? That chubby car makes me want to eat less.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroën Berlingo 2009
Country flag
Meanwhile, VW has released pictures of the ID4 dash:
https://electrek.co/2020/09/04/vw-id-4-interior-tesla-inspirations/

It's interesting that this article ends with a note that it won't be available in the US until production in TN starts in 2022. That's not what was previously speculated.
I guess we'll know more later in this month's reveal.
It will be revealed on september 23 but I got to sit in a id3 already and it was very nice. I liked the techy environment and exterior, also for us urban europeans it has sort of a perfect size but won’t personnally go for it because it lacks a towing hitch possibility

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Y would available in the UK in March and the performance version was affordable......

AWDriftEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (20) , Tesla Model Y (21)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I look at the Model Y's form factor, specifications, and utility and absolutely love them. However, the packaging is just not there. It's not a good looking crossover.

I can imagine the Mustang Mach-E in my driveway and feeling the urge to go for a drive just
by looking at it. With the Y? That chubby car makes me want to eat less.
As a Tesla owner twice over I will also say that the service and support that Tesla offer is awful. I have made a lot off of Tesla stock but the service is the worst in the industry.. which is why I am here.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I would cancel and buy an electric track oriented Mustang. Or even a two door Mach-E. I'm tall and I have to put my seat back. When I typically look to my left at a stop to see if traffic is coming, I look right at a B Pillar. A longer door solves that.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Pretty much anything else comparable besides a model Y will mean waiting for a 2022 model year or longer, or spending over $70k (and a fe mach e with 7500 tax credit is already over than I would like to spend at over 50k, so forget $70+k). Would have to be something with similar or better specs (probably need AWD, more cargo space, 0-60 under 6 seconds, 350+ range all under $50k) to wait an extra year for vaporware.

More likely would cancel if I can't get a test drive first, or it's not comfortable for my wife or myself. I test drove a mustang ~7 years ago, and just wasn't comfortable, the visibility was poor (seemed like a lot of blind spots, front window too short, vehicle too low, etc).
A buddy in my office has a Model Y...has had it for 2 months. He likes it, but told me today his seat rail has stopped working. He took it to the service center today and they told him he needs to make an appointment. Regardless, he’s going to let me test drive it tomorrow. I’ve never driven one.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
A buddy in my office has a Model Y...has had it for 2 months. He likes it, but told me today his seat rail has stopped working. He took it to the service center today and they told him he needs to make an appointment. Regardless, he’s going to let me test drive it tomorrow. I’ve never driven one.
Make sure your seat belt is buckled in case the roof blows off ??

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
As much as I don't really care for the Tesla Model Y's looks or its center screen setup, I have to admit that their charging network and speed are far superior to what the Mustang Mach-E can offer. It's really just the range parity between the Mach-E AWD ER and the Model Y Dual Motor that has me sticking with Ford. However, if Tesla comes out with a Model Y Dual Motor with say 350 miles or more range, I'm gonna have to cancel.

We'll see what the VW ID.4 has to offer.
I probably will cancel my MME order and buy a Ford Escape hybrid. A Ford engineer stated making the MME is needed to allow them to sell more pick ups and muscle cars, so, from an environmental standpoint, little is gained by buying an electric car. I would prefer a Rav 4 prime or any awd PHEV and will settle for just a hybrid.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I probably will cancel my MME order and buy a Ford Escape hybrid. A Ford engineer stated making the MME is needed to allow them to sell more pick ups and muscle cars, so, from an environmental standpoint, little is gained by buying an electric car. I would prefer a Rav 4 prime or any awd PHEV and will settle for just a hybrid.
there is a lot to gain. If people are not buying BEV then no one would make them. It's all about building enough of what people want but not going too far. To be last to the party also.

whatever ford engineer stated that please show me. That not why ford is making the mache. They could have made a cheap compliance car for that.

Mache, transit,f-150, and many more BEV coming in the next 5 years. Not doing it for compliance but for what the people are asking for. To sell more muscle cars lmao. What a silly statement.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
pretty much breaking down the Bev Crossover market.

You have the entry-level cheap ID4. Gets the job done.
You have the middle range, model y, mache.
Then you have your I-pace Etron and many others.
The value in the mache and model y for what you get for your money is why so many people give them the highest marks.

To each their own in what they choose.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
To answer the initial question of this thread...... I’m all in, like completely sold and obsessed. Since I have to wait at least 6 months after most here before my order is considered, it would take a massive amount of unhappy customers for me to change to anything else. I’m talking roofs flying off, panel gaps, bad service, basically everything that makes me not want a Tesla
Sponsored