When It Rains It Pours (in the Garage)

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Anyone else notice that after being out for a drive in the rain there ends up being a lot of water on the garage floor? My husband says it's like in the winter when you come in with snow pack on the car that then makes a mess when it melts. Kind of weird. Is it just me?
Sponsored

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I saw on one of the FaceBook MachE pages someone talking about washing their Pony and expressing the amount of groves and curves (nooks and cranny's maybe....like an English muffin I guess) these cars have....causing water to appear from everywhere.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The MME is a pain in the butt to get all the water off of. Even with a blower I still get water around my mirrors. The worst place is the back, around the glass and trunk area. I think most of the water that is hidden ends up coming out back there.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I donā€™t park in my garage and itā€™s been pretty dry here anyway, but I have noticed at the car wash, there is often water running down the back after coming through the autowash to a degree I donā€™t see on other cars.

Always hard to get it squeaky clean because water running down the back is causing new streaking. I could see how water from rain would be pooling in your garage more than most cars based on this experience.

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
Oh yes - it's the worst car I've ever had when you park it after driving in rain. I can't wait for it to also start dropping slush all over the place. Fortunately, most everything in my garage is on a low shelving unit, but anything that's not is always getting wet when it rains. And I live in the northwest, so it tends to be rainy a lot.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Yup, I often find puddles under the back of my MME like its diaper leaked. There doesnā€™t even have to be that much rain, either. At first, I was thinking it was some kind of AC condensate that ran toward the backā€”and it may still beā€”but itā€™s definitely the ā€œwettestā€ car Iā€™ve ever had.

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
Yeah - They need some more drains in the underbody fairing I think.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yeah - They need some more drains in the underbody fairing I think.
This. Our 2018 Fusion Energi had a big diaper also. Water comes out for days. I often wondered how much salty slushy water was up there also.

Sin_Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Even using my car dryer after washing it seems water just keeps appearing! I have to admit I think the design of the drainage for the boot area when you open it is poor. I end up with a load of water on the interior trim when opening the boot!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Even using my car dryer after washing it seems water just keeps appearing! I have to admit I think the design of the drainage for the boot area when you open it is poor. I end up with a load of water on the interior trim when opening the boot!
Curious - what do you call the front trunk? Front boot? ;-) Or do you go with frunk? I like frunk personally....

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
Noticed this the first time washing my car. It scared the living crap out of me to see a huge puddle under the rear of the car a couple hours later thinking there might be some sort of leak lol.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I ha
Noticed this the first time washing my car. It scared the living crap out of me to see a huge puddle under the rear of the car a couple hours later thinking there might be some sort of leak lol.
I have read about excessive water shedding from the rear liftgate area after washing / rain.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone else notice that after being out for a drive in the rain there ends up being a lot of water on the garage floor? My husband says it's like in the winter when you come in with snow pack on the car that then makes a mess when it melts. Kind of weird. Is it just me?
I have exactly the same experience with my 2018 Honda Clarity PHEV and I thought something was leaking, but I think it is the new normal with EVs that have serious aerodynamic sculpting differences that create channels, nooks and niches we are not used to.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hmmm i dont see it any different then any other car ive had. I hand dry after i hand wash it. Only thing i need to do extra is raise and lower the back trunk a few times to get that dry
Sponsored