Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 250, 2022 GT 4, 2021 Mache GT, 2024 Z06
Occupation
Management
Country flag
I'm here to keep things even and honest. I'm the ying to the yang.

You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."

Jokes aside, I'm here in hopes that people love the car. In other posts I say i'm happy when things are going good. Like how farley is sending out tesla adaptors with notes and such. Class act.
my main frustrations from ford are a result of them using him in a leadership role, HE is not up to it, and he does not have the correct education to run a complex manufacturer. Only engineers should run automobile companies, generally the great ones do. When ford was great 15 years ago, they had an engineer, Mulally, and he said Farley was not up to it, and passed him over for the job in 2014. ford is rudderless. sadly. and unprincipled.
Sponsored

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
No regrets for my 2021 MME Select purchased with Ford Option in September 2021. Any issues, maintenance, recalls all handled by Tasca in Rhode Island. I'll add i own sveral cars (6) and do most of teh work myself, so getting me to a dealer/service is personally out of my norm. I will not touch the MME for even a tire rotation. Pleasantly surprised how easy it has been to get maintained at Tasca.

Plan was to sell/trade in Sept 24. Not sure how recent supply/demand will affect that decision, but if it is a sell/trade a MME will likley be at the list in EV research/test drives ahead of next purchase.

RSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E P ER
Country flag
What is the glass recall? My 2923

What is the glass recall? I have a 2022 Mach e and the roof is all cracked they say they r treating it same as a windshield and my cost to replace is 3300. I think it's a structural thing.
The glass recall was for early 2021s. There was the potential for the roof to come off in an accident although I don't recall ever reading that it happened. For me the dealer took care of it, although they broke the windshield in the process so I got a new windshield at no cost. I don't think what you are describing has anything to do with the recall.

ElectricSnowbird

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachEX 2022
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We love our 2022 Mach E RWD Extended Range, took delivery in Sept 2022. Now have 18K miles on it. The only buggy thing is occasionally the iPhone will not automatically connect and rarely, Apple Air Play navigation will freeze.

Rockcity313

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Atlas
Country flag
we placed order sometime in feb 2021 and got it delivered july 2021 since then all we have faced is issues. We have been in and out of the dealership. current issue -
Our front camera has been showing issue since we purchased it and throwing error message - Pre Collision assist is not available. So, when we take it to the dealer they keep the car for few days and don't give us a loaner(not until recently). Then they give us the car back saying we ran some update and it worked, this has happened too many times already. First the dealer will say they will charge for labor then when we call ford corporate and explain them that this is not our responsibility they would call dealer and cover everything. Again this should not be my responsibility to explain the car dealer and car maker how this is their responsibility for a software issue. With numerous such complaints ford emailed us saying and they gave us a premium warranty for free for 36000 more miles. And I thought they did a good thing and I did thank them (more on that). Fast forward to today after 3-4 days at dealership the dealer called and said we tried to figure out what the issue was but we think its a front camera issue and has to be replaced and you have to pay 1500 dollars and let me jot down in points -
1- They waited this long to figure out the real issue (almost 2.5 years) , so where they waiting for the original warranty to be over so that they can charge us or they are just incompetent to figure out the issue?
2- Let's forget and forgive the point one, as we have premium extended warranty front camera is covered. But the dealer is saying you don't have premium but normal warranty. We do have email from ford saying they provided us with premium extended warranty. So did ford lied ?

At this point I am 100% sure my family and I are being harassed both by dealer and FORD. Being from a working class this has caused us lot of money, time which we can't afford.
Has anyone else faced this problem?
I'm on the same boat. Took delivery July 2021 and my blue cruise has never worked. Couple visits to the dealership and several tickets later in running out of time before the Warrenty expires. Do you have a phone number or email address to the group that gave your the extended Warrenty? At this point if anyone spearheads a lawsuit, id be thrilled to join.

SolarAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
So sorry to hear your experience has been so poor. Our own ownership experience since early 2021 has been excellent. I am very happy with the local dealership, College Ford.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Hey OP, I’m sorry you’ve had so many issues. Seems like bad luck made worse by your dealer experiences.

The Mustang Mach-E is the easiest car I’ve ever owned with only 2 dealer visits in 2.5 years. I honestly cannot say that Ford or my 2021 MME GT have given me any problems. Even the dreaded HVBJB bug never bit me. The dealer came and picked up my car, replaced it with the new version, and dropped it off.

I’m not convinced my next EV will be Ford (Rivian R2 has me drooling) but I’m definitely open to repeat business down the road if the product is a good match for my needs & wants.

Best of luck to you, OP, and I hope you get taken care of.

OP
OP

shakti.lenka

First Name
Desi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium
I'm on the same boat. Took delivery July 2021 and my blue cruise has never worked. Couple visits to the dealership and several tickets later in running out of time before the Warrenty expires. Do you have a phone number or email address to the group that gave your the extended Warrenty? At this point if anyone spearheads a lawsuit, id be thrilled to join.
We called customer support for the screen issue almost 1 and half year back . They took care of the issue and helped us get the premium warranty added. But now the dealer is saying we don't have premium warranty . The individual from Ford who helped us last time doesn't work in the same department. We are still waiting for a call back. When we call they just say we have escalated the issue. We are just waiting patiently

NIK IN NY

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
we placed order sometime in feb 2021 and got it delivered july 2021 since then all we have faced is issues. We have been in and out of the dealership. current issue -
Our front camera has been showing issue since we purchased it and throwing error message - Pre Collision assist is not available. So, when we take it to the dealer they keep the car for few days and don't give us a loaner(not until recently). Then they give us the car back saying we ran some update and it worked, this has happened too many times already. First the dealer will say they will charge for labor then when we call ford corporate and explain them that this is not our responsibility they would call dealer and cover everything. Again this should not be my responsibility to explain the car dealer and car maker how this is their responsibility for a software issue. With numerous such complaints ford emailed us saying and they gave us a premium warranty for free for 36000 more miles. And I thought they did a good thing and I did thank them (more on that). Fast forward to today after 3-4 days at dealership the dealer called and said we tried to figure out what the issue was but we think its a front camera issue and has to be replaced and you have to pay 1500 dollars and let me jot down in points -
1- They waited this long to figure out the real issue (almost 2.5 years) , so where they waiting for the original warranty to be over so that they can charge us or they are just incompetent to figure out the issue?
2- Let's forget and forgive the point one, as we have premium extended warranty front camera is covered. But the dealer is saying you don't have premium but normal warranty. We do have email from ford saying they provided us with premium extended warranty. So did ford lied ?

At this point I am 100% sure my family and I are being harassed both by dealer and FORD. Being from a working class this has caused us lot of money, time which we can't afford.
Has anyone else faced this problem?
I have a 2021, I am having the same issue with the front camera fault, I have had it at the dealership multiple times, it's out of warranty and I still owe $40K on it. I've owned a lot of vehicles, this by far is the worse. I don't even enjoy driving it because my anxiety is that with every bump the fault will pop up. Been dealing with this "repair" for over a year with the dealership. I'm 'bout ready to give up!

Last edited:
OP
OP

shakti.lenka

First Name
Desi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium
I have a 2021, I am having the same issue with the front camera fault, I have had it at the dealership multiple times, it's out of warranty and I still owe $40K on it. I've owned a lot of vehicles, this by far is the worse. I don't even enjoy driving it because my anxiety is that with every bump the fault will put up. Been dealing with this "repair" for over a year with the dealership. I'm 'bout ready to give up!
Same
I have a 2021, I am having the same issue with the front camera fault, I have had it at the dealership multiple times, it's out of warranty and I still owe $40K on it. I've owned a lot of vehicles, this by far is the worse. I don't even enjoy driving it because my anxiety is that with every bump the fault will put up. Been dealing with this "repair" for over a year with the dealership. I'm 'bout ready to give up!
Sorry to hear that and I hope you find a solution . I will surely post on this thread once I am provided with a solution.

apwelsh

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e Standard
Occupation
Programmer
Country flag
Wireless charging would make my phone overheat to the point the phone would turn off, leaving me with no Apple CarPlay until the phone cooled down - which is difficult because I use Apple CarPlay for Google Maps to navigate.
Mine is a 2023 Select. I can confirm this is still the case today. I was all excited to finally have wireless charging. But the charger sucks. the charging module is massive, and fails to charge my iPhone 15. My phone just get really hot, but battery continues to drain. For now I am using the USB-C port to charge my phone. I wasn't even going to complain to Ford about this, I was just going to get a 3rd party replacement. My little $30 Anker MagSafe travel charger charges my phone really fast, and only rarely does my phone get hot. I have seen some 3rd party solutions. I think I will need to remove the factory module, and see how it was built, then construct a new one out of their housing (or maybe 3D print one to fit) so that the charger actually works correctly.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My 2021 GTPE has not had any warranty issues, but my experience with Ford has always been the integrity and quality of your dealer. I would consider changing dealers nobody is going to work for you. I just had an emergency brake error pop up and will be taking to my long term dealer, we shall see how it goes, car has 36120 miles, good integrity test, for sure.
Exactly - change dealers if the one you are dealing with can’t help. Go with a different manufacturer if totally not satisfied. The reality is; however, in most cases you will find good and bad in all cases.