billc58

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT PE, 2019 F350 Platinum
Country flag
January 4, Ford sent me a Customer Satisfaction Program notice regarding update 22B28. The letter, specific to my VIN, mentioned I should get this OTA, but I thought I didn't. I checked the app and it shows 21B36 being installed on November 4.

I took the car in yesterday to have 22B28 installed and asked for the latest of everything, hoping to get 4.1.2 as well. After a couple of hours I got a call, "No updates necessary, you have everything."

I was confused because of the letter sent in January and the last update in November being 21B36. I thought the dealer had screwed things up. I reviewed the downloaded updates paperwork with the service manager. He showed me that 22B28 was updated OTA on November 3 and then 21B36 on November 4. I couldn't see 22B28 as only the latest update is shown on the app.

The dealer says there is no way for me to figure this out a head of time. The dealer can't figure it out until they plug the car in. The service manager was annoyed as he wasted shop time figuring this out. I was annoyed as I lost a couple of hours of my day for nothing.

If Ford is watching, why don't you show all the updates on the app? Why waste everyone's time wondering what you have or don't have?
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I think it's because they're releasing updates in different orders and to different areas (or group of vins). The sure fire way to cause mass confusion and internet knowledge to challenge service advisors/techs is show the updates.

Que the:
"My buddies car got this update and 14 others on the forums say they did too. Where is mine?

In your case however it was a CSP which yes. That should be shown in the app or some kind of 'this is resolved' thing. TSBs/CSPs should surely be nice to knows in say FordPass (where you should be able to get real time info on these things) Seriously Ford, put in a "Check status" button a CSP in the app. (Mailed letters however are quite behind the time in this day)

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
While we shouldn’t have to do this, there are some fine fellows on here who will run your VIN and tell you if you have anything due. If nothing else, it might save you the wasted trip to the dealer you just experienced.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I think it's because they're releasing updates in different orders and to different areas (or group of vins). The sure fire way to cause mass confusion and internet knowledge to challenge service advisors/techs is show the updates.

Que the:
"My buddies car got this update and 14 others on the forums say they did too. Where is mine?

In your case however it was a CSP which yes. That should be shown in the app or some kind of 'this is resolved' thing. TSBs/CSPs should surely be nice to knows in say FordPass (where you should be able to get real time info on these things) Seriously Ford, put in a "Check status" button a CSP in the app. (Mailed letters however are quite behind the time in this day)
If that’s their logic, they shouldn’t show any update history at all. But showing you the history of all updates except the current one is a poor design choice that hopefully gets fixed.

I’ll also say that this just causes confusion - do you not have a feature yet because you don’t have an update or because something went wrong.

For example, Blue Cruise does not work on my Mach-E. I know something went wrong and I need a dealer visit because the dealer told me at a prior visit they did update. But I have no way to tell from the car what version I am on and need to go through my update history to say ‘yeah, based on my version, I should have it, but don’t’.
Sponsored