AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
The Apple comparison is a good one. I said it in another thread, but one analogy is that EA (CCS in general) is like a homebuilt PC where not everything works as you might expect.
I enjoy working on a PC and Android - its fun working things out. The whole Apple/Tesla deal is way too controlled for me. Tried a Tesla, prefer the MME.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Perhaps on the ecosystem, but not many people I know think Tim Cook acts like a tool and actively avoid having anything to do with him.
so, the CEOs are alike as well then. ?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
https://www.torquenews.com/1083/tes...hmp3aBi-h4G4BDybNPNvmNXDeqA7WaBBSSrpGayB9zVMU

Tesla Model Y vs. Ford Mustang Mach-E - Which EV Requires More Maintenance?
We contrast the manufacturer’s maintenance requirements of the Tesla Model Y with the Ford Mustang Mach-E. Here’s where they differ.
Advertisement

facebook.png
twitter.png

One of the biggest benefits of modern electric crossover vehicles like the Tesla Model Y, Ford Mustang Mach-E, and Toyota RAV4 Prime is that they require far less maintenance than legacy conventionally-powered vehicles. Gone are the days of pricey 15K, 30K, and 60K service intervals.
Today’s green vehicles have designed out most of the pricey and bothersome failure items as well. You’ll never need an alternator, starter, or power steering pump in any of these vehicles because they don’t have one. In fact, a recent study by Consumer Reports found that electric vehicles cost about half the amount to repair and maintain as traditional vehicles, and surprisingly, the plug-in hybrids had a slight edge over the battery-only models. The savings from electrified vehicles from reduced maintenance and repair is a big plus of owning one. However, that does not mean EVs don’t require maintenance.
tesla_service_center_peabody.jpg

The Mustang Mach-E has only been on the market since late December, so it’s likely no owner has yet had to have any maintenance performed. Within a few months, the first adopters will need the six-month multi-point inspection. Following that at either 12 months or 10,000 miles, the first real maintenance starts with a tire rotation. It is at this point, the owners of Ford’s Mustang Mach-E begin to benefit from the less costly and less necessary maintenance their crossover requires by comparison to the Tesla Model Y. However, the Model Y evens things up when the miles pass 150,000 miles.
updated_maint_model_y_mache.png

Our chart above takes its information directly from the Tesla and Ford owner’s manuals. We’ve included links to the manuals at the bottom of the page for your convenience. As you can see, the Tesla Model Y and Mustang Mach-E will both require some sort of service at least every 6,250 miles or every six months. That is a frequency similar to many ICE vehicle oil change intervals.

The list above is also not the whole story. Some vehicles will need repair or maintenance sooner. Tesla’s manual states, “The above intervals are based on normal driving behaviors and scenarios. Additionally, the above list should not be considered comprehensive and does not include consumable parts such as windshield wipers, brake pads, etc.”
tesla_service_center_tires_cropped_march_2019_1.jpg

Tesla owners may not know that the tires on their Model Y need to be roasted so frequently. However, tire wear on Tesla vehicles is a common topic, so it shouldn’t really be a surprise. If Tesla’s service rangers are available, this is a good option. Some owners report paying as little as $39 for this service. Mobile tire service companies we have tried charge twice that amount.
tesla_mobile_van_my_image.jpg

Related Story: Toyota RAV4 Prime vs. Tesla Model Y Maintenance Cost Analysis - A Surprising Outcome
If you have had your Model Y or Mustang Mach-E’s service done by the company or dealer, please tell us in the comments below about your experience.

1615412828504.png

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Tesla Faces New Reality of Tough Competition
And now it starts, slowly but surely. Today's WSJ. Let the market decide .

Tesla Inc.’s TSLA -1.73% grip on critical markets is showing early signs of slipping as established auto makers push rival models in their race to catch up to Elon Musk’s vision for an electric-car future.

In the U.S., Ford Motor Co. F +3.94% ’s electric sport-utility vehicle, the Mustang Mach-E, has begun eating into Tesla’s market share, according to new market data, while in Europe, the world’s largest electric-car market, Volkswagen AG beat Tesla to become the top-selling all-electric vehicle maker there last year. In other markets, such as Asia, Tesla’s market share has held up and even grown.

The Mustang Mach-E that launched to rave reviews accounted for 12% of the all-electric vehicles delivered in the U.S. last month, according to market research firm Motor Intelligence. Tesla’s share of the market fell to around 69% in February from about 79% in all of last year.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
And now it starts, slowly but surely. Today's WSJ. Let the market decide .
Mustang Mach E food for thought

There’s a Ford in your Future.

Everything We Do is Driven By You

Built Ford tough!

Ford has a better idea

Better Ideas. Driven by you

Built for the road ahead.

Have you driven a Ford lately

Have you driven a Ford…lately?

If you haven’t looked at Ford lately, look again.

Quality is Job one

Hank’s great-great grandchildren running for board of directors. They are kids, but they are family.

Eddie is retiring after all these years. I really liked his namesake Ford when it hit the streets, a day or two before its time……

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I agree with them on the demographics issue - cannot imagine many 35 yo buying Mach E, even despite Mustang name - it's just way too conventional and not enough kick in the guts (maybe on purpose?). GT will probably be more popular with the younger generation but there will be bigger money barrier there.
I’d have to disagree, I think the Mach-E is anything but conventional - if you are looking for a leader in economic value, practicality, and functionality, than like the Mustang coupe compared to many sedans on the market, I think a would-be buyer is barking up the wrong tree. Maybe it’s not too apparent yet as there are so few BEVs on the market but give it a couple of years and it will become clearer that the Mach-E is not the Ford Escape of compact electric SUVs, nor meant to be.

I think the biggest thing for people at the end of the day is what they can afford. For example, I think there is a reason there is a certain image about the typical Corvette owner that isn’t applicable for the average Mustang coupe or Camaro owner, and I think affordability is a huge part of it. I would not expect the Mach-E to become a sort of Stingray-E long-term in its ownership demographics, especially as battery prices fall and BEVs become cheaper compared to ICE vehicles.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I’d have to disagree, I think the Mach-E is anything but conventional - if you are looking for a leader in economic value, practicality, and functionality, than like the Mustang coupe compared to many sedans on the market, I think a would-be buyer is barking up the wrong tree. Maybe it’s not too apparent yet as there are so few BEVs on the market but give it a couple of years and it will become clearer that the Mach-E is not the Ford Escape of compact electric SUVs, nor meant to be.

I think the biggest thing for people at the end of the day is what they can afford. For example, I think there is a reason there is a certain image about the typical Corvette owner that isn’t applicable for the average Mustang coupe or Camaro owner, and I think affordability is a huge part of it. I would not expect the Mach-E to become a sort of Stingray-E long-term in its ownership demographics, especially as battery prices fall and BEVs become cheaper compared to ICE vehicles.
On sunday I had a conversation with a 20-something who liked my car and asked me about it. Of course, when he asked me the price his next question was "what do you do for a living?" :)

While the demographic right now is skewed away from younger folks I don't think it will stay that way - especially if they come out with a coupe.

Reactions: ARK

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
I am 34, would have been for the GT but it is 18000$CAN more, so got an awd ex, hoping for a performance OTA in the future ??‍♂

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y
Maybe because the CEO of Ford is not a Mental Case!! From the front page of today's Wall Street Journal. Yikes!

Elon Musk, the Tesla Inc. co-founder and CEO, on Monday took on a new title not yet seen in corporate America: “Technoking of Tesla.”

Mr. Musk’s ascension to his new role came with little explanation beyond two perfunctory sentences filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission to mark the change for himself and Tesla’s finance chief, Zack Kirkhorn. Mr. Kirkhorn’s new title is “Master of Coin,” which he shares with a character from the fantasy world of the HBO show “Game of Thrones.”
Sponsored