Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Maaan... You really getting kick out of it...
I think I finally just snapped and didn't delete a reply. Just getting really frustrated at some of what's on here.

I don't want this to be a Fordstan site but there needs to be some kind of sanity check once in a while.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
wtaf does "Co-Opt $3600" mean?

wtaf are you talking about "not really" lease? there's been so many bullsh*t posts about leases on here. RCL exists, it will be available, people that work for Ford Credit have been saying it on here for like 1,000 posts now... seriously all of you who wanted "real" leases have them now and you're still complaining because "OMG WAIT I HAVE TO PAY FOR A LEASE HOW DARE YOU" I mean really, STFU already....

"delayed embargo" WTAF does that mean? other that the Edwards thing, there's been no delays at all other than normal press embargo which has been explained on here a jillion times now.

NOKTB is good because unlike the Tesla "ship and the fix the steaming pile of ail later," they actually are trying to ship it right the first time. I want a delay if it means it's fixing a problem. So do you if you're getting one. Sorry, the Tesla "it's okay if it's sh*t" won't fly for me and most normal and even not normal people.

ffs one more for the list I guess.
Don't mince words; tell us what you really think... :)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think I finally just snapped and didn't delete a reply. Just getting really frustrated at some of what's on here.

I don't want this to be a Fordstan site but there needs to be some kind of sanity check once in a while.
Dude, embrace the power of the ignore button. Trolls like him love getting that kind of response. Don't give him the satisfaction of even seeing his antics.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm looking forward to comparing it to the Mach-E, which I'm leaning towards buying. Maybe just me being old and stuck in my ways but I *like* have an instrument cluster of some kind behind the steering wheel, and having a blind spot warning on the mirrors where my head's already turned is a bit easier than having to check the radar display on the center console that I kept having to lower my right arm to even see. Of course park-assist being standard in Co-pilot 360 (unless I'm misremembering) beats the heck out of ponying up another $10k for the FSD package.
Yep, the MME intentionally embraces familiar controls and layout precisely for those who don't want to have to adjust after decades of driving. The park assist comes standard in all but the Select trim, but you can get it in the "technology" package on the Select for $2600.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Wonderful and insightful post!

I've said it before that Tesla's biggest problem is the perception (right or wrong) that their QC is poor. Now clearly it can't be all bad because owner satisfaction ratings are all astoundingly high for Tesla, so one would assume on the other end of "dealing with problems" most folks are satisfied.

I think you are correct. On the Mercedes board, there are people with problems. I have had none. But reading the post you would think the E class is the second coming of the Yugo.

I then pointed out, with the thousands of E Class sold in the US, we have maybe 50 with complaints and people without complaints do not post - which is the vast majority of owners.

I have several friends how have gone from BMW's an Mercedes to Tesla and they are quite satisfied.

I took a test drive in the Tesla Model Y recently and thought it was a solid car. Felt heavy (because it is of course) but had a lot of get up and go. Overall a decent vehicle but if I'm being honest adapting to the one 15" screen in the center of the dash was awkward for this 50-year-old guy. Overall I gave the experience a C+ though because other than awkwardness (which I assume I would eventually get over/used to) I found the ride was quiet and smooth and fun.
I agree about both no buttons and the lane departure not being in the mirror. I have driven the Model 3 and S and loved both of them. I think with time I would get used to the center screen and no buttons and the lane departure in the screen. These are not really major problems.

I'm looking forward to comparing it to the Mach-E, which I'm leaning towards buying. Maybe just me being old and stuck in my ways but I *like* have an instrument cluster of some kind behind the steering wheel, and having a blind spot warning on the mirrors where my head's already turned is a bit easier than having to check the radar display on the center console that I kept having to lower my right arm to even see. Of course park-assist being standard in Co-pilot 360 (unless I'm misremembering) beats the heck out of ponying up another $10k for the FSD package.

Side note: Who in their right mind would allow strangers to ride around in their 60k+ vehicle without being in it themselves to evict them if they start causing damage? I've ridden public transit and seen how people treat rental cars - my prediction is this is going to be the combination of the worst results of both. Even if I were interested in spending extra money for the FSD features I would *NEVER* participate in a "robo-taxi" fleet.
I personally think Musk is delusional about full driving autonomy, which would be necessary for a robo taxi fleet in a few years.

The lack of a buy back on the Model Y is predicated on Musk taking the MY when they come off lease and putting them in the robo fleet.

I personally think there will be a buying opportunity at the end of the lease: If FSD is not fully implemented in three years when the Model Y's start coming off lease, then Musk will not want them and they will be sold at the market.

I believe the present driving assistance on the Model Y is better, but only slightly better than the Ford Co-pilot 360 - which I presently have on my 2018 Edge Sport.

As I read about the 360 with OTA updates in the MME, the only difference will be recognition of speed limits, which I already have on my Mercedes and turned off permanently when I picked up the car and hands free driving on certain designated roads. The 360 on my Edge already has hands free capability: however after 20/30 seconds it "reminds me" to put my hands back on the wheel which I do: no big deal.

Right now I'm just waiting to see how the Mach-E gets rated by both professional reviewers and the YouTube community. I'm interested to see what its range is at highway speeds for the AWD ER variants (Tesla ranges from 70-85% of its EPA range at highway speeds, depending on who's driving and what the various factors are). I'm curious what Sandy Munro will make of it if he gets to do a teardown.

I've heard it said to never buy a car when its the first year that model is being released, I'm hoping that because Ford knows their making a big gamble using the Mustang logo they are sparing no expense on the quality front!
Yes and no: The rollout of the Ford Explorer was a disaster. Hopefully the rollout of the MME will be better.

So far every manufacturer of EV's, including Tesla, Polestar, VW, BMW has had problems with their first year of production. For Ford, while computer modelling is great, there is nothing like actual driving to find out what is right and what is wrong.

For me the only way I will even consider first year of production is to lease: if it proves to be near 100% at the end of the lease I can buy the car, assuming the residual is equal to less the FMV. If not, and first year production problems are great or in three years charging times and range have greatly improved, making the MME worth substantially less, I can return the car.

I am truly afraid of rapid depreciation of the MME. To date, the only EV to manage to hold its value are the Tesla's but even the Model S and X are rapidly depreciating now that the Model 3 and Y are available.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
"social responsibility" with Zuckerberg and Bezos? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

What a joke of an award.

I now return you to buyout discussions.
Yes, I feel the same way. He has shown just about the same amount of social responsibility as Zuckerberg and Bezos. I feel like he gets bored easily. I think this latest comment is just him trying to shake things up. He may be ready to jettison the responsibilities of the car company for now. He will claw it back when he get bored with which ever project is not holding his interest at the time. It's his pattern.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
The 360 on my Edge already has hands free capability: however after 20/30 seconds it "reminds me" to put my hands back on the wheel which I do: no big deal.
The Ford edge does not have hands free capability. It may have lane centering but not hands free. The new F-150 and MME will be the only Ford vehicles with that and only with the proper packages installed.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
No problems and on time (or early) is best. Late and shipped with problems like the recent failed launch of the Explorer and Aviator is the worst.
Aaah, the ‘Whataboutery’ argument... a favourite from the FanBot ? playbook. When it’s not trying to compare the M3 to the MME because the Y falls short, then it’s the ‘what about the Kuga batteries’ or ‘all cars have issues’ argument.

Apples to apples is always advisable. The Explorer and Aviator are not BEVs nor are they the MME. It’s pretty clear already that Ford has all but nailed the MME launch, without the need to flout the rules and risk lives.

Last edited:

Hi_Im_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Road line painter
Country flag
The model Y is so ugly in my eyes. I saw it on the road several months ago and can’t get over how ugly it is lol. I’m so glad I’m getting the Mach E. no way in hell anyone’s going to tell me how much better looking the Tesla model Y is co pare to my new Mach e. And if they do tell me that, I know they’re just a lying sack of shit.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
After months of speculation, Elon Musk on Tuesday confirmed he has moved to Texas.

Elon Musk confirms he's moved to Texas after a months-long fight with California

GRAHAM RAPIER
DEC 9, 2020, 6:47 AM

5fcfdb0ecee0cf00114fa39c.jpg

He made the announcement at a virtual conference hosted by The Wall Street Journal, while continuing to criticise his former home of California.

“Tesla and SpaceX obviously have mass operations in California,” Musk told the paper’s editor-in-chief, Matt Murray. “In fact, it’s worth noting that Tesla is the last car company still manufacturing cars in California. Space X is the last aerospace company still doing significant manufacturing in California. There used to be over a dozen car plants in California, and California used to be the centre of aerospace manufacturing. My companies are the last two left.”

“For myself, yes, I have moved to Texas,” Musk continued. “We’ve got the Starship development here in South Texas where I am right now. We’re hopefully going to do a launch later today. And then we’ve got big factory developments just outside of Austin for Giga Texas.”

His move has been months in the making
Musk’s divorce with California began largely this spring, when local coronavirus restrictions forced Tesla to temporarily close its only US car factory in the San Francisco Bay Area.

“Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately,” he tweeted during a May disagreement with local health officials whose COVID-19 rules differed from state and national guidelines. “If we even retain Fremont manufacturing activity at all, it will be dependen (sic) on how Tesla is treated in the future.”

And over the summer, after listing many of his Los Angeles-area homes for sale, Musk quietly moved his charitable foundation to Texas, public filings first spotted by Bloomberg this week show.

For Musk, Texas’ lack of a state income tax is a clear incentive compared with California, which has the highest in the country. Musk’s 2020 income is set to be just as large as his 2019 pay — the most of any CEO at just under $US600 million — thanks to a series of stock-option awards unlocked by various corporate performance metrics. In total, they could reach more than $US55 billion.
Sponsored