John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
What will you do, install something on the roof?
Don’t know yet. I might just keep using the Escape when I need to transport my bike. I really like my hitch mounted rack. I will review other options. Nervous about a roof mount though. Hoping for a possibility of a hitch receiver.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Kind of hard to say based on just speculation isn't it though? My Escape has been one of my favorite and most versatile cars I have owned. Good mileage, decent space, AWD for Ohio winters, comfortable, and last week I towed a trailer from Columbus, OH to VA with a riding mower in it. I have been really happy with my Escape in 2017. Until Ford went the Mustang route, I really thought their first BEV would be an Escape variant. Needless to say I am happier with the Mustang even more.
the GF's leased 2014 Escape was a noticeably better car than her 2017 C-Max, and in retrospect, I wish we had just spent the extra money on the Escape. The Escape was really nice. Not as nice as my Fusion, of course. ??

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
the GF's leased 2014 Escape was a noticeably better car than her 2017 C-Max, and in retrospect, I wish we had just spent the extra money on the Escape. The Escape was really nice. Not as nice as my Fusion, of course. ??
We have both, and I like them both for different reasons. I will say the Fusion was a better drive with coPilot 360 and adaptive cruise and lane keeping on the drive home from VA than the Escape was. But I like the vision on the Escape better. The Mach E will be right between the two, so Goldilocks?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
We have both, and I like them both for different reasons. I will say the Fusion was a better drive with coPilot 360 and adaptive cruise and lane keeping on the drive home from VA than the Escape was. But I like the vision on the Escape better. The Mach E will be right between the two, so Goldilocks?
my Fusion doesn't have ACC (the one option it doesn't have, and apparently they didn't ship the hardware disabled - it's just not there at all) and 2013 is before CoPilot 360 existed. Just lane keep assist (adjustable vibration and resistance in the wheel).

but yeah "sitting higher up" is better for the view in general.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
What will you do, install something on the roof?
I hate to say this. But honestly, BEV can tow but it's not there yet or ready. The loss of range while towing can be half or more. If you need to tow to a short-range ok. But BEV right now is not meant for it. Inside EV with kyle even talked about it.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I hate to say this. But honestly, BEV can tow but it's not there yet or ready. The loss of range while towing can be half or more. If you need to tow to a short-range ok. But BEV right now is not meant for it. Inside EV with kyle even talked about it.
My wife and I have owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the towing package for 5 years. Grand total of times we've towed anything: ZERO!

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
My wife and I have owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the towing package for 5 years. Grand total of times we've towed anything: ZERO!
that is the American way lol. I can't tell you how many of my coworkers own brand new f-250 and don't haul or have a family. Just want a big truck.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm hoping for "the best of both".

bobbobton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I don’t quite get the charging infrastructure issue that all reviewers seem to point out. Seems like the Teslas clearly have the advantages but given the federal credit and the fact that I’m pretty sure people don’t road trip all the time just use the money saved and rent an ICE car for the trip. You will never be close to the 7.5k you just saved in rental cost...
Sponsored