MuckyMach-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Do the American / Canadian models have heated windshields? You can tell if you look closely at the windshield as there are fine wires embedded in the glass. In the U.K. mine does and it’s fantastic even though it doesn’t get as cold here as some states in the U.S. The only problem is that it blocks the GPS receiver on my DashCam but I can live with that for the near instant windshield clearing.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Do the American / Canadian models have heated windshields? You can tell if you look closely at the windshield as there are fine wires embedded in the glass. In the U.K. mine does and it’s fantastic even though it doesn’t get as cold here as some states in the U.S. The only problem is that it blocks the GPS receiver on my DashCam but I can live with that for the near instant windshield clearing.
Unfortunately, we don't get that feature. I bet it works great to keep the windshield from fogging as well.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I don't need the government's help. You do. That is OK. I just don't like it mandated.

It would be nice if car companies could be free to design cars without mandates, and you and I could decide how much help we need. You would pick the car with two max defrost buttons, I would pick the one with a hatch button and a max defrost button.
This argument can also be used to "un-mandate" building and fire codes. Yes life is a series ofchoices.
Th3 heated windshields (with fine vertical wires) have been on European cars for years... unfortunately they haven't made it to North America. They are fantastic at instantly de-misting a windshield foggy on the inside.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
[QUOTE="mkhuffman, post: 547448, ] I don't need the government's help. You do. That is OK. I just don't like it mandated.

It would be nice if car companies could be free to design cars without mandates, and you and I could decide how much help we need. You would pick the car with two max defrost buttons, I would pick the one with a hatch button and a max defrost button.
[/QUOTE]
Would you buy a house / work in a building / send your kids to a school with optional building compliance codes, chosen every time during construction by negotiation between you and the builder(s)?

I"ve passed thru countries that sort of work like that... didn't stay longer than I had to.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Unfortunately, we don't get that feature. I bet it works great to keep the windshield from fogging as well.
Heated windshields especially make sense in EVs where you're trying to get the best efficiency you can. I hate having to turn on HVAC just to defrost the windshield. I really don't understand why they're so rare in the US. Some cars have them (like Volvo), so it's not a regulatory thing.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some cars have them (like Volvo), so it's not a regulatory thing.
Uuuu... I didn't know that. The wires-in-windshield defogging feature is a great feature, especially in cool wet climates, or with dogs panting in the car.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'd trade a GPS receiver for this feature in an instant. An innocuous GPS receiver mushroom can be mounted almost anywhere on the car.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Practically everything that unexpectedly happens to your car when you are driving down the highway at 80 mph is a safety issue. Just driving your car is a safety issue. Some people are safety issues even when they are not behind the steering wheel.

This is a philosophical disagreement . I think I could handle a blank screen and a fogging windshield without the government's help. You don't. I don't need the government's help. You do. That is OK. I just don't like it mandated.

[insert @mkhuffman 's daily government rant here] 🤣

The average car owner can't even operate most of the features of the Mach-E. Mandated features are due to the fact that the average person is, well,

Ford Mustang Mach-E Winter is Coming! How to get the most out of your Mach-E's climate control system Carlin stupid people

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
One thing I don’t understand. If we have a physical button for max defrost, why do we need a second one on the screen? Is there nothing else you could put there?
Same reason we have two buttons to close the trunk. Because one is never enough.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
What update allows the use of the large screen button to control the climate and heating temps??

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Same reason we have two buttons to close the trunk. Because one is never enough.
Actually, the ”inside” button is about 4 inches lower than the “outside” button when the lift gate is up, making it operable by people who are a bit vertically challenged. Personally (as a Poodle of reasonable stature) I don‘t need it, but I know several people who would. 😊🐩
Sponsored