Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Winter is coming! Here's how to get the most out of your Mustang Mach-E's climate control system:

Just received 3.6.1. Not looking forward to testing it when it gets to 5 degrees C. 33 degrees here today
Sponsored

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Yay, more software updates that we won’t get in the UK any time soon.

goose123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium Ex RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
They really need to add a "precondition on demand" option to FordPass. I work from home and have no kids to drop off at school, so I have no routine departure times.

Having to quickly schedule a departure time, hope it was early enough for the vehicle to act upon it, and then delete it later really sucks.

It seems like such a basic feature to have an on demand option right under remote start. But then again, having the vehicle display its DC charging speed is also a basic feature and here we are 2 years later still waiting on that....
Oh I didn't know this and it doesn't sound good. What happens when you "Start" the car remotely? Does it start the HVAC as well?

83girl

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
It's a Federal requirement? WTH. The nanny state is out of control. Well, I fixed that and love my hatch button where the defrost used to be. Middle finger raised to the regulators! :p
Yah, it's all fun and games until your screen fails in the middle of winter and you can't turn on the heat or defrost the windscreen.....it's a safety issue, hence regulation.

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When driving old, air-cooled VWs, scraping the inside of the windshield while driving was pretty normal.
Unless you had a 68 as the heater fed the duct system, think they changed it in 69-70.

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yah, it's all fun and games until your screen fails in the middle of winter and you can't turn on the heat or defrost the windscreen.....it's a safety issue, hence regulation.
I found this button on Sunday during a country night drive, I was looking for the screen dimmer. Came as a big surprise.:oops:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Unless you had a 68 as the heater fed the duct system, think they changed it in 69-70.
Only if you had the gas-powered heater. The standard air-to-air exchanger fed system didn’t have enough heat.

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Only if you had the gas-powered heater. The standard air-to-air exchanger fed system didn’t have enough heat.
It was gas. Likely was a liability issue and why it was discontinued.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I wonder what feature that's working now will stop working properly when I get this update.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Practically everything that unexpectedly happens to your car when you are driving down the highway at 80 mph is a safety issue. Just driving your car is a safety issue. Some people are safety issues even when they are not behind the steering wheel.

This is a philosophical disagreement . I think I could handle a blank screen and a fogging windshield without the government's help. You don't. I don't need the government's help. You do. That is OK. I just don't like it mandated.

It would be nice if car companies could be free to design cars without mandates, and you and I could decide how much help we need. You would pick the car with two max defrost buttons, I would pick the one with a hatch button and a max defrost button.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I was adjusting my car temp in that degree already.

There's a learning curve in vehic climate control systems. I think there's a trend in all cars nowadays.

My previous car there was a way I adjusted it. I find this car is almost the same way.

Just about being aware of the temperature you want and how hard the fan blows including the cabin temp you want.

I like minimal fan blowing.

This E Heat takes all of that thinking and does it.

Luv it.

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
I’m surprised there hasn’t been a recall or explanation on sync rebooting while driving, it seems like a problem which is impacting a lot of us. It was pretty scary for both my wife and I when we had our first experiences with the issue.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I’m surprised there hasn’t been a recall or explanation on sync rebooting while driving, it seems like a problem which is impacting a lot of us. It was pretty scary for both my wife and I when we had our first experiences with the issue.
Maybe it isn't that widespread. It has only happened to me one time in the one year I have had my MME. And in that case it didn't reboot, it locked up and I had to reboot it.
Sponsored