Wiper blades randomly wiping

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’ve got my sensitivity all the way down to lowest setting. Very rarely they’ll trigger while driving. But much more frequently they’ll trigger upon starting the car - if the car has been parked outside for an hour or so. First one wipe of the front, then one wipe if the rear a few seconds later. Perfectly clear day, no dust or pollen on windshield that I can see. I haven’t experienced the same thing when parked indoors.

In the grand scheme of things this is a minor bug but it’s just weird.
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Man I had intended to take a video of the issue today but I forgot. I’ve got this bug narrowed down almost exclusively to one situation: when the car is parked outdoors for at least 30 minutes, the front wiper will trigger once upon starting the car, followed by the rear wiper a few seconds later. This never occurs when the car has been parked indoors, either in my home garage or parking garage. There’s no dust or pollen on the windshield that I can see.

Happens every time I drive my car to the gym during the day and leave it parked outside for an hour or so. It doesn’t happens when I park it more briefly during errands.

I wonder if sitting out in the sun is causing the issue? I don’t know why that would be. I’ll park it outside for an hour or so this evening to see if it happens.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is a setting for the wipers to swipe once when you turn car on.

You can turn the wipers off by moving the lever up or down. I can never remember wish way.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Maybe... Just before you turn your vehicle off, the sensor registers a particular reading. Then when you start it again, the reading is sufficiently different then that last reading (? moves relative to ?) or clouds.

So it determines that there may be something interfering with the sensor, causing the wipers to wipe... Then the rear wiper wipes because that's how they are setup...

OP
OP
dliunatic

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
There is a setting for the wipers to swipe once when you turn car on.

You can turn the wipers off by moving the lever up or down. I can never remember wish way.
Do you mean the courtesy wipe? That setting is just for if you clean your windshield with the washer fluid and it'll do an extra work after the normal wow had completed to get any investing drops

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Move the stalk down 1 to the "off" position unless it is actually wet out. It's probably just an artifact of sun glare or something fooling the sensors.

nhdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Ram 1500
Country flag
My heat would come on occasionally until I realized I was accidentally pressing heat when turning the volume control. With my fingers clear of the display, I haven't had the issue.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Mine sometimes does it when I first turn on the car. I’ve been getting a lot of pollen on it, I park it outdoors, I’ve assumed it’s been caused by that.
There is a setting for Courtesy wipe that you can deselect in settings. I will say that even with it still deselected in mine, it will occasionally courtesy wipe still

Reactions: ARK

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
Man I had intended to take a video of the issue today but I forgot. I’ve got this bug narrowed down almost exclusively to one situation: when the car is parked outdoors for at least 30 minutes, the front wiper will trigger once upon starting the car, followed by the rear wiper a few seconds later. This never occurs when the car has been parked indoors, either in my home garage or parking garage. There’s no dust or pollen on the windshield that I can see.

Happens every time I drive my car to the gym during the day and leave it parked outside for an hour or so. It doesn’t happens when I park it more briefly during errands.

I wonder if sitting out in the sun is causing the issue? I don’t know why that would be. I’ll park it outside for an hour or so this evening to see if it happens.
Mine have done the random wipe in my garage with the door closed and when outside. My sensitivity is in the middle since it doesn't seem to want to turn on in the actual rain quickly enough for my preference.

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
My 2017 Raptor occasionally does this on the way home from work, as I drive under the same overpass that briefly blocks the sun.

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
I was just thinking about this yesterday, in a light rain at a traffic light the wipers will go into stopped position til i start moving again, but the random wipe appears to be when a bug hits it too. I hit a horse fly yesterday and it went nuts lol.
Sponsored