Would you pay for a BlueCruise Subscription?

Would you pay for a Blue Cruise Subscription?

• Total voters

bbachrac

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E Premium Nite Pony 2023
Occupation
NA
Country flag
I have found the Ford Blue Cruise (“Hands Free”) feature unusable as currently implemented and certainly would not pay for it when it becomes a subscription. Although I have driven for decades and never had a driving accident, Blue Cruise thinks I am not watching or paying attention to the road. Compared to my other vehicle with lane centering, Blue Cruise does not perform as well.
I was interested in other owners opinions.

Update 3 October 2023
I now have a 2023 Mach-E Premium and the Blue Cruise system works for me in this version.
As I posted previously, my 2022 Mach-E Premium was non-repairable after I was hit by a fleeing robbery suspect in a reckless pursuit by police and the car crashed going backwards into the center divide.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Aside from a meager stretch of several miles that I rarely travel, it does not even work in my area despite there being many miles of divided highway roads.

So, that's a hard pass...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Would you pay for a BlueCruise Subscription? whybother

Last edited:

elmedico27

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I use it daily, as my commute, while short, is almost all mapped highway. There are a couple spots where it disengages, but I'm interested to see if 1.3 fixes that. I absolutely love it, and would really like to continue using it.

That said, no way would I pay $800/yr for it. I'd probably max out at around $15/month, even better with an annual plan at around $150.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Works great for me all around New England.

Would I pay? Yes
would I pay $800 a year? No
would I pay $100 a year? Sure.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I have found the Ford Blue Cruise (“Hands Free”) feature unusable as currently implemented and certainly would not pay for it when it becomes a subscription. Although I have driven for decades and never had a driving accident, Blue Cruise thinks I am not watching or paying attention to the road. Compared to my other vehicle with lane centering, Blue Cruise does not perform as well.
I was interested in other owners opinions.
You are in the minority finding handsfree "usable". I've put thousands of handsfree miles in, and love it.

I knew, as did nearly everyone, that it WAS a subscription feature with 3 years included with purchase. I expected to pay $200 a year. I probably won't pay $800 a year.

Mike Curtis

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2011 Honda Element AWD EX
Occupation
consultant and specialty camera operator
Country flag
I would consider paying for it IF IT WERE REASONABLE - when they price shot way up recently I thought that was a completely BS backstabbing of customers. If you tell us we have it for 3 years then it is $300/year after that, maybe. $800? Go to hell - that's bait and switch BS.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Works great for me all around New England.

Would I pay? Yes
would I pay $800 a year? No
would I pay $100 a year? Sure.
I think that’s the more realistic question: what’s the appropriate price point. And I think you hit the nail on the head. The convenience is about worth 100 a year to me, not much more, and I like the feature. I think the sweet spot would have been 100-200 per year depending on if you were signing up for multiple years. What Ford suggested just makes people angry, and they won’t do 800 a year.

summerlinLV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Premium RWD; 22 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am not sure why there are so many people saying that blue cruise is only for 3 years. My car came with blue cruise on the window sticker without any mention of 3 years. I believe that after 3 year that you will not get any updates, but the software already in the car should still work. This is no different as the navigation which you get 3 years update, but will still work after 3 years without subscription.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I think that’s the more realistic question: what’s the appropriate price point. And I think you hit the nail on the head. The convenience is about worth 100 a year to me, not much more, and I like the feature. I think the sweet spot would have been 100-200 per year depending on if you were signing up for multiple years. What Ford suggested just makes people angry, and they won’t do 800 a year.
Yup, or offer a monthly option, so summer we road trip a lot, and in lots of traffic, I would probably pay more to enable it for July/Aug, but then cancel if it is pricy.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I am not sure why there are so many people saying that blue cruise is only for 3 years. My car came with blue cruise on the window sticker without any mention of 3 years. I believe that after 3 year that you will not get any updates, but the software already in the car should still work. This is no different as the navigation which you get 3 years update, but will still work after 3 years without subscription.
uh... no.

• Many cars do not have 3 years included.
  • When the included / trial period ends, BC will not work anymore even though the SW is in your car. It will not work because the expiration date of the map will be exceeded and BC will not engage... sorry.