Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Just starting to think about my next EV. Need to see what has a 200 mile range and go from there. My problem is I have lots of Mach E merch. Including my plate....

IMG_20210509_152544.jpg
Nice catch, getting that specific vanity plate. I had to watch a lot of negative head wagging until one on my list wasn't already taken.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Europe. Specifically the Netherlands, where there are more bikes than people.
I love riding bikes for fun. I have done a few triathlons, and mountain biking on trails is super cool. But I would absolutely hate needing to ride a bike for basic transportation. I would either sweat too much or be too cold, or worse yet it could be raining or snowing. No thanks. I will take my comfortable, air-conditioned car over a bike 99% of the time. And 99% might even be a low estimate. 😂

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I love riding bikes for fun. I have done a few triathlons, and mountain biking on trails is super cool. But I would absolutely hate needing to ride a bike for basic transportation. I would either sweat too much or be too cold, or worse yet it could be raining or snowing. No thanks. I will take my comfortable, air-conditioned car over a bike 99% of the time. And 99% might even be a low estimate. 😂
Color me shocked. :)

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Europe. Specifically the Netherlands, where there are more bikes than people.
Poor Netherlandians, what a horrible place. 😲We have very few bikes on the road and they are mightily annoying. I pity the dogs there, they must be going nuts and need expensive therapy.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Poor Netherlandians, what a horrible place. 😲We have very few bikes on the road and they are mightily annoying. I pity the dogs there, they must be going nuts and need expensive therapy.
However did this forum come to this🤷🏼‍♂️

Could there be a correlation between the right to bear arms and the lack of widespread annoying cycle use in the US😂

Poor Netherlands nothing🥴 Spare the UK some of your pity!!

Remember us, Netherlands? We used to by your colleagues and very good friends in the EU before idiocy reigned here in the UK because we (they) seem to prefer civil war, Birmingham pub bombings and poor relations with our neighbours. Democracy’s a wonderful thing🙄

Anyway, cycling: Those in “control” here in the UK who are abjectly inept ATM and have been so for c 13 years, do not ensure road signs are clean & clear any more, vegetation is allowed to grow and hide signage, road markings are so widely worn such that they are virtually invisible so meaning our BC won’t work for 30% of the time it should, the roads are so badly maintained such now is their level of deterioration they haven’t a hope of ever getting on top of that issue but, strangely, they manage to find the will, the appetite, the funding when all essential services here in the UK are grossly underfunded and are failing to dig up roads, narrowing them down allocating and segregating substantial parts of the roads for cyclists who don’t use those areas anyway and think they do not have to heed road signs, traffic lights and other laws of the road, and there’s now the new hierarchy of road users……..and I’m somebody who occasionally cycles😬 (sympathetically and within the law I might add)

AND our pavements (walkways) are now littered with electric scooters and now electric cycles dumped & scattered when renters have finished with them exposing pedestrians, especially those partially sighted to the high risk of injury!

There, rant over, a lot to unpack there I know, sorry. Going to look at my ‘Stang in garage for an hour for some quiet reflection & inner calm😁

IMG_0650.png

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
OutOfSpec just put out a ev9 walk through, if the price is right, I'll most likely trade in the mach-e for one.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
OutOfSpec just put out a ev9 walk through, if the price is right, I'll most likely trade in the mach-e for one.
Aye matey, there's the rub, especially w/dealers ready to add ADM to the MSRP, at least for quite a while.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Aye matey, there's the rub, especially w/dealers ready to add ADM to the MSRP, at least for quite a while.
Been like that for years, just gotta shop around and hopefully find a decent dealer.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
AND our pavements (walkways) are now littered with electric scooters and now electric cycles dumped & scattered when renters have finished with them exposing pedestrians, especially those partially sighted to the high risk of injury!
I used to love the electric scooters until the local government decided they can't just be left anywhere - they have to be put in designated locations. Yes, it was sort of a mess prior with them being left everywhere, but that is what made it convenient. You could grab one, ride it to where you need to go, and leave it.

Now you have to find the spot where they are allowed to be left to find a scooter, and you have to take it to a designated area after your ride. Which may or may not be convenient. The scooter companies have programmed them to refuse to let you end the ride until the scooter's GPS determines you are in an approved location. The last time I rode one I had to walk the scooter all over the area until it finally would release it. It was very frustrating.

And to make matters worse, the local government decided the scooters go too fast, and so they forced the companies to put speed limiters on them. It used to be scary fun before, now it is just boring.

The government killed something that could have been huge, and helped reduce dependency on ICE travel. As far as I am concerned, it is too inconvenient and too slow to make it worthwhile now. I will just take an Uber. Or drive myself in my car.

Last edited:

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Poor Netherlands nothing🥴 Spare the UK some of your pity!!
There, there, poor Britannians, they've got their independence back and they don't know what to do with it. They want back to their euro step-mommy birthing parent, to tell them what to drive, whom to love, and what cucumbers to grow. 🤪

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Next EV? Mid sized pickup EV. One with a bed that holds more than 3 suitcases and one not made by Tesla. Also not a GM as I insist upon CarPlay.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Next EV? Mid sized pickup EV. One with a bed that holds more than 3 suitcases and one not made by Tesla. Also not a GM as I insist upon CarPlay.
Sounds like you need to travel lighter. I'm on my way to visit you right now and I've only got one suitcase.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Sounds like you need to travel lighter. I'm on my way to visit you right now and I've only got one suitcase.
I live on a ranch. I need a proper sized bed to haul gravel, dirt, hay, bags of sh*t (literally), etc. Rivian’s beds are too small (and they’re neither sold nor maintained here).

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
There, there, poor Britannians, they've got their independence back and they don't know what to do with it. They want back to their euro step-mommy birthing parent, to tell them what to drive, whom to love, and what cucumbers to grow. 🤪
Have some sympathy, fellow Machster, nobody loves us anymore, even the US aren’t our special friend anymore because we screwed up Ireland and aren’t part of a bigger club, Nissan & Honda closed manufacturing plants as we’re no longer a European base for them, Toyota continue to threaten us, other businesses are leaving I mean, who saw that coming 🙋‍♂️ Were hoping to get a new friend on the rebound, so we’ll take anybody - anybody got Vlad the invader’s number😂

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Anyway, back to next Mach-e, don’t know whether to wrap this one & run it into the ground or replace, next month’s service may inform which option is favourable.
Sponsored