After your current MME, What is your next EV?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I’m toying with the idea swapping my 22 IBSM GT for a 22 IBSM GTPE if I can find one with similar miles at a decent price. I would do this for the improved ride (though I gotta say those wheels are sweet).

Failing that, I can imagine getting the Rally MME if I can get it without the stripes and the rear spoiler.

As for other brands, I’ll see what’s available when I’m ready to upgrade.

Edit: if the Rivian R2S ends up being a good option, I could very well go in that direction - especially if the suspension in normal road driving is anything close to the R1T suspension.

teermin8r

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT, Mustang GT, Explorer Sport Trac
Occupation
Salesman
Country flag
I've had my MME GT for 2 months and am already making plans on trading it in for a new MME in 3 years. I am betting the technology will keep improving.

Mach E Otto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Already have a Volvo EX 30 Twin Motor Performance reservation. I can’t wait to get rid of the Mach E…constant and continual problems/issues, dealer support is completely non existent

Tugwaterf

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Nissan Rogue
Country flag
After this MME? It will be so far in the future who knows. I don’t ever want to get rid of her. 🤩

If we had to get rid of one of our vehicles and replace it we would absolutely get another EV though. I’d love to have a Lightning one day. Or like others have said maybe a third row SUV.

Hopefully we can make a few more iterations where cost and amenities improve such as charge time, heated seats in back row, ventilated seats perhaps.

Right now though we’ve loved our pony so much it hasn’t crossed our minds.

atomdeathstroke

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mache E Premium
Occupation
I make stickers
Country flag
Either the plagues if issues I have had with my MME, I will most likely replace it with a model 3 performance. I wish I could stick with Ford and I have had 4 fords before and will be buying a explorer for the MRs soon, I just don’t think the EV team has what it takes to beat the MY or M3

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I know I posted about this already, but recently I have been thinking a lot about range. I have been dealing with public charging and it really does suck. I need 400 miles of range. The Lucid Gravity reveal is coming, but because production is a year away, I likely will end up with a DMP Max Pack Rivian R1S.

@DevSecOps and others are reporting similar R1 efficiency at 80 mph as I see in my GT. That means with the max pack I will have at least 100 more miles of range on trips. If the Gravity can beat that, I might consider it. But the R1 is such a cool machine. And it really goes off road.

More range means less public charging. I will pay a lot for that. Are you listening, Ford?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I know I posted about this already, but recently I have been thinking a lot about range. I have been dealing with public charging and it really does suck. I need 400 miles of range. The Lucid Gravity reveal is coming, but because production is a year away, I likely will end up with a DMP Max Pack Rivian R1S.

@DevSecOps and others are reporting similar R1 efficiency at 80 mph as I see in my GT. That means with the max pack I will have at least 100 more miles of range on trips. If the Gravity can beat that, I might consider it. But the R1 is such a cool machine. And it really goes off road.

More range means less public charging. I will pay a lot for that. Are you listening, Ford?
For context. I just drove from Sacramento to Anaheim (and back) for a gaming convention last week. In the MachE I would have charged 2, maybe 3 times each way. In the Rivian, I charged once each way.

I have a whole slew of annoyances that I encountered while charging. Charging etiquette is MASSIVELY lacking. Constantly seeing people charging to 100%, people pulling up and using a shared charger when there's non-shared ones available, bolts and minis using 350kW instead of the 150s. Fewer charging stops means that I'm raging less on ill informed or rude people.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
For context. I just drove from Sacramento to Anaheim (and back) for a gaming convention last week. In the MachE I would have charged 2, maybe 3 times each way. In the Rivian, I charged once each way.

I have a whole slew of annoyances that I encountered while charging. Charging etiquette is MASSIVELY lacking. Constantly seeing people charging to 100%, people pulling up and using a shared charger when there's non-shared ones available, bolts and minis using 350kW instead of the 150s. Fewer charging stops means that I'm raging less on ill informed or rude people.
Seriously, range is so important if you drive outside your local area. But if you don't have home charging, range is equally huge because it means fewer charging trips to keep your vehicle charged.

I don't understand why people think we don't need longer range BEVs. I guess those people don't interface with the a-holes at public charging locations very often. I do it several times a month.

Today at my office, five of the six EVSEs were occupied by fully charged cars. I am not a violent person but it is hard to remain civil when I need a charge to get home. In two days, going down to the garage regularly to hopefully find an open space, I was unable to charge. Because of the a-holes.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I echo @mkhuffman - I used to think a smaller pack was just fine because reliable, fast charging was just around the corner. But I've completely changed my tune after my last road trip to Montreal, which is only 600 km each way.

I was easily 2 hours longer *each way* because of complete utter shit show charging. I absolutely love the car, and still don't regret the SR battery pack (at the time the ER was an $8k option and I'd lose my $5k Gov't credit, so a $13k swing) but next EV will have more range.

So...Lucid Air if I could afford it.

Come to think of it, maybe the kids don't *really* need to go to college :cool:

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well my "next" was/is another Mach e.....had a '21 Select, RWD, SR in car. grey...loved it NO problems at all (windshield recall, no problem)......in Feb, '23 ordered a '23 Premium, RWD, SR in red......I would have gotten another Select, but at that time heated seats were not available on Selects, not even as an extra package.....

I did not need the new Premium, but due to some personal stuff and at the urging of my son to "spend some of the $$$", haha.....

I am a Ford guy, so my next, next will probably be another Ford (I'm 76 now)......

my first car was a '60 Corvair in powder blue, 3 speed on the floor, and I had a Prius briefly in '09 for 9 months, all the rest of my cars were Fords since '67.....

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag

Hi Mark,
Have you read any specs about the Gravity? We considered the Lucid Air but it was way too big length-wise for us. We visited their Bay area store and were impressed with the tech and efficiency of their vehicles.
Sponsored