Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
I think my threshold is higher than most as I have an 8 year old EV. Just yesterday I had to disconnect the battery terminal to turn off the radio. It used to be so bad I had a wrench in the car for just this. My USB port isn’t powers enough to charge my iPhone. It will for awhile but if the load on the car gets to high it shuts off the port and turns off my phone. I have to unplug it and comment via Bluetooth- which isn’t my favorite method as many of the other head power lines cause problems with Bluetooth signal. I ha e this same problem at signal lights when I ride my bike.
Sponsored

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
My bolt screen has locked up two or three times in 3 years and it is quite unsettling, wondering if a dealer visit will be required. Twice the problem was resolved immediately by turning it off and back on again. Once, it took about 5 minutes after a reset to fix itself.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
My bolt screen has locked up two or three times in 3 years and it is quite unsettling, wondering if a dealer visit will be required. Twice the problem was resolved immediately by turning it off and back on again. Once, it took about 5 minutes after a reset to fix itself.
My Bolt display frequently freaks out on me. Either it will stay on the startup screen, stay on the backup camera !, lock up on the normal home screen not allowing any interaction at all. (Just did it this morning.)

I usually end up just hitting the Ctrl-Alt-Delete buttons on the dash to reboot it while driving (hold down FWD and Home until the system reboots). To me these seem like software issues which isn't anything the dealer can really do anything about so its pointless (they will likely just reload the software or replace the module..if its software neither of those actions will fix anything).

Hopefully the Mach-E's display has none of those issues (Sync 3 was rock solid in my C-Max, MFT/Sync 2 not so much).

My solution to the Bolt's software bugs is simple: Get a Mach-E.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
My Bolt display frequently freaks out on me. Either it will stay on the startup screen, stay on the backup camera !, lock up on the normal home screen not allowing any interaction at all. (Just did it this morning.)

I usually end up just hitting the Ctrl-Alt-Delete buttons on the dash to reboot it while driving (hold down FWD and Home until the system reboots). To me these seem like software issues which isn't anything the dealer can really do anything about so its pointless (they will likely just reload the software or replace the module..if its software neither of those actions will fix anything).

Hopefully the Mach-E's display has none of those issues (Sync 3 was rock solid in my C-Max, MFT/Sync 2 not so much).

My solution to the Bolt's software bugs is simple: Get a Mach-E.
I guess I will consider myself lucky that it has only happened to me 3 times in 3 years and 38K miles. Likely keeping the Bolt for a backup or other family member. My daughter is considering an Orange Bolt, but she might take on my sky blue if she can save several thousand $. I would give her a good deal and buying from a family member, she would avoid Washington State sales tax.
Sponsored