Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2023 Mach E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sales Representative
Country flag
Maybe I’m just dense … but that sounds like a SR Premium. Have your dealer update the build to a SR Premium and you have everything and they price adjust accordingly? Might be a small amount more due to better headlights, but I believe that’s the only difference.

Alternatively, buy the select and add the BlueCruise/360 camera package and they will price adjust and you will be slightly less than the previous select price due to the missing seat/steering wheel/folding mirrors.

This isn’t a new concept from Ford; 21-22 Lightning orders went thru the same thing, 21-22 Mach-e converts when thru the same thing. I’m pretty sure everyone made out ok, and if the exact config isn’t offered that is a must have it sucks, but you can still get a car that’s immediately worth $3k-$12k more than what your paying…
When I placed my order back in early March of 22, they closed the order bank for RT 1 and Premium trim levels. I would have liked a Premium and now the new pricing it is out of my range that I want to pay for a car.

The problem is no one knows what is going on. The belief is that we may have price protection only for the same trim selection, but that is not for certain. I've emailed and called my sales rep, but I have not a response.
Sponsored

ragequit310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
Maybe I’m just dense … but that sounds like a SR Premium. Have your dealer update the build to a SR Premium and you have everything and they price adjust accordingly? Might be a small amount more due to better headlights, but I believe that’s the only difference.

Alternatively, buy the select and add the BlueCruise/360 camera package and they will price adjust and you will be slightly less than the previous select price due to the missing seat/steering wheel/folding mirrors.

This isn’t a new concept from Ford; 21-22 Lightning orders went thru the same thing, 21-22 Mach-e converts when thru the same thing. I’m pretty sure everyone made out ok, and if the exact config isn’t offered that is a must have it sucks, but you can still get a car that’s immediately worth $3k-$12k more than what your paying…
I'm trying to do exactly that - pay a bit more for a SR Premium but Ford and the dealership isn't letting me do this.

kisonay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD ER Mustang Mach-E Scheduled 10/3
Country flag
I keep hearing "price protection" but as I understand it, there is no price protection when an order rolls to the next model year. It would be invoiced at MSRP of that year, but a rebate of sorts (private offer) would bring your total cost down.

Again, lacking lots of information, but after reading all of this, that is how I understand it.

DBux511

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Toyota Highlander Hyb Ordered 22 Mach-E Sel AWD
Country flag
Not sure I understand your frustration, except with Ford’s communications.

Best case your 2022 model will get scheduled for production soon and you’ll get the car you ordered. Worst case, you’ll get a 2023 model at a price close to 2022 pricing. What’s not to like about that?!
What’s frustrating is that I ordered a car with specific features. A 2022 select with comfort/tech is not even comparable to 2023 select. I’m not ok with having a 2023 and giving up certain key features - maybe some people are, but to me those key features is a deal breaker. If my 2022 gets schedule great, but if it is indeed a 2023, I’m walking. Plus the conflicting answers from Ford and the dealership is frustrating in itself.

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Not sure I understand your frustration, except with Ford’s communications.

Best case your 2022 model will get scheduled for production soon and you’ll get the car you ordered. Worst case, you’ll get a 2023 model at a price close to 2022 pricing. What’s not to like about that?!
Also the risk of a dealer misunderstanding the process and leaving the converted 2023 order at 99 priority aka it'll never get built.

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Is it true that the amount of the private offer to offset the MSRP cannot be known until the vehicle has a VIN number?

Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, on order 2022 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
That sounds like a good dealer props on them for not potentially screwing you up
Talked to the sales manager. Wow, he really took his time with me. He said he did not want to mess up my order and wanted to make sure I got my car as soon as it could happen, that I got any incentives Ford could offer. He also wanted to check and see if we could move into a premium or CR1 so we can get the comfort features without loosing ground on delivering time or losing the incentives for conversion from 2022 to 2023. He is to call be back late Friday afternoon after getting all the info he could from his direct ford rep.

ragequit310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3
Country flag
If @Ford Motor Company does not fix these Select with C/T conversion issues. Can it be argued legally that this is a bait and switch?

Talked to the sales manager. Wow, he really took his time with me. He said he did not want to mess up my order and wanted to make sure I got my car as soon as it could happen, that I got any incentives Ford could offer. He also wanted to check and see if we could move into a premium or CR1 so we can get the comfort features without loosing ground on delivering time or losing the incentives for conversion from 2022 to 2023. He is to call be back late Friday afternoon after getting all the info he could from his direct ford rep.
Please let me know what happens.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
If @Ford Motor Company does not fix these Select with C/T conversion issues. Can it be argued legally that this is a bait and switch?

Please let me know what happens.
No - model year change does not force the manufacturer to keep the same as previous years.

Case in point: F150 Lightning - 2023 differs with missing on board scales & smart hitch features that the Tow Tech package had on the 2022. And costs $7K-$10K more.

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
I can't believe they will not tell you what the real price of the car is before confirming the order. Could save on a lot of wasted builds. Like too many Selects out there that no one wants because the seats are not heated. What a waste of resources!

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag

you forgot about the 18" wheels vs 19".

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I'm trying to do exactly that - pay a bit more for a SR Premium but Ford and the dealership isn't letting me do this.
Yet…..

It seems like the jury is still out on whether or not this is possible.

That’s why some of us are not understanding the anger. People are assuming they can’t do this and getting upset about it.

I do get that the uncertainty right now sucks. But at least wait for a final “no you can’t get what you want” before getting upset.

In a practical sense, no reason Ford shouldn’t let people at least get the same options they ordered (if avail) and pay the difference if they have to upgrade to a premium.

But let’s give them time to respond and figure out the “private offers” first.

Johnnyweekend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Country flag
I can't believe they will not tell you what the real price of the car is before confirming the order. Could save on a lot of wasted builds. Like too many Selects out there that no one wants because the seats are not heated. What a waste of resources!
Dealers will still sell them easily...

Johnnyweekend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Country flag
Yet…..

It seems like the jury is still out on whether or not this is possible.

That’s why some of us are not understanding the anger. People are assuming they can’t do this and getting upset about it.

I do get that the uncertainty right now sucks. But at least wait for a final “no you can’t get what you want” before getting upset.

In a practical sense, no reason Ford shouldn’t let people at least get the same options they ordered (if avail) and pay the difference if they have to upgrade to a premium.

But let’s give them time to respond and figure out the “private offers” first.
Respond to what? Not like this is new. They could have easily predicted months ago they have more orders than capacity. It isn't like the truck didn't drop off parts yesterday. Would be wise to have you ducks in a row before telling your customers your car got switched to a 23.
Sponsored