Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
Just got this email. Exciting to see these enhancements almost here!

Ford Mustang Mach-E “Sync 4A improvements coming” email details some upcoming upgrades / changes Screenshot_20221209_084321_Gmail

UPDATED WITH INFO:

SYNC 4 Updates - November 2022

Dialing Up Your In-Vehicle Experience

The latest Ford Power-Up software update includes enhancements to the design of SYNC®* itself. It offers new features and refinements based on your feedback.

A Bigger Experience
We've increased the interaction area within the display for the Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ interfaces, as well as other features like navigation.

60f9003b-f50a-4643-a5e9-006076b9e34d-jpg.jpg

Added Dial Functionality
More than just volume — the dial on your SYNC display can now be used for climate controls too, so you can adjust temperature, fan speed and, when equipped, heated seats.

3746f0fe-f961-497d-bb5d-f4249f3940c7-jpg.jpg

Simple Refinements
We've updated the status bar at the top of the screen, implementing new, clear icons that make it easier to read. Settings and controls have been consolidated and reordered so you can more easily access drive modes and Ford Power-Up software update details — all to help provide enhanced visibility and usability. We've even improved access to gaming, video streaming and third-party Wi-Fi networks.

5ff2d579-91f9-419f-bc17-f32a94b4ebc4-jpg.jpg

Further Improvements
  • Personal Profile: Now easily accessible from the status bar
  • Simple Update Scheduling: View and accept prescheduled update times from the convenience of your in-vehicle screen
  • Drive Modes: Quickly interact with, and easily change, your onscreen drive mode
  • In Development: Set a recurring schedule for Ford Power-Up software updates through the FordPass®** App
Sponsored

Roger tobin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD Extended Battery
Country flag
got the email as well. anyone know what the number will be?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I got the email, but clicking the button to "See What's Coming" did not seem to provide any specifics about *what* is changing.

Seems more like an email marketing blast to make sure people know Sync updates are possible and they plan to deploy them.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I got the email as well. Anyone know if this is the update that will include the remote frunk release? 😀😀😀

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
Slightly missed that November deadline, eh?

I got it too. Can’t wait. But I have heard it any updates past 3.6.2, even for EA, so I’m guessing no one has gotten anything yet.

@shadowsjc: I believe it gives Android Auto and CarPlay a bit more room on the screen when expanded based on previous info

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I got the email as well. Anyone know if this is the update that will include the remote frunk release? 😀😀😀
For everyone but VINs associated with your account. Ford has yours permanently locked. 🤪🐩

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
SYNC 4 Updates - November 2022

Dialing Up Your In-Vehicle Experience

The latest Ford Power-Up software update includes enhancements to the design of SYNC®* itself. It offers new features and refinements based on your feedback.

A Bigger Experience
We've increased the interaction area within the display for the Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ interfaces, as well as other features like navigation.

Ford Mustang Mach-E “Sync 4A improvements coming” email details some upcoming upgrades / changes 60f9003b-f50a-4643-a5e9-006076b9e34d-

Added Dial Functionality
More than just volume — the dial on your SYNC display can now be used for climate controls too, so you can adjust temperature, fan speed and, when equipped, heated seats.

Ford Mustang Mach-E “Sync 4A improvements coming” email details some upcoming upgrades / changes 3746f0fe-f961-497d-bb5d-f4249f3940c7-

Simple Refinements
We've updated the status bar at the top of the screen, implementing new, clear icons that make it easier to read. Settings and controls have been consolidated and reordered so you can more easily access drive modes and Ford Power-Up software update details — all to help provide enhanced visibility and usability. We've even improved access to gaming, video streaming and third-party Wi-Fi networks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E “Sync 4A improvements coming” email details some upcoming upgrades / changes 5ff2d579-91f9-419f-bc17-f32a94b4ebc4-

Further Improvements
  • Personal Profile: Now easily accessible from the status bar
  • Simple Update Scheduling: View and accept prescheduled update times from the convenience of your in-vehicle screen
  • Drive Modes: Quickly interact with, and easily change, your onscreen drive mode
  • In Development: Set a recurring schedule for Ford Power-Up software updates through the FordPass®** App

OP
OP
DaveP

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
What do you mean by frunk release. Since I've had the car I've been able to open via fordpass app or in car screen.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
What do you mean by frunk release. Since I've had the car I've been able to open via fordpass app or in car screen.
Many of us (most of us?) don't have that functionality yet. I bought my car in March 2021 and still don't have it

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag