Updated Sync 4A Icons are Coming!

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
I wish they would redesign Apple CarPlay back to the old multi-screen. Navigation on left half, directions on top right and media on bottom right. It is useless with the navigation on top half. I see less of my route and more of the trees on the side of the highway.
Have you tried clicking on the 8 square icon to bring up the CarPlay menu, then swipe right?
Sponsored

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
Not on thread topic, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my profile picture from my Samsung phone to upload to the car despite having a contact saved for myself on my phone with a picture.

On topic: I'd love to have the original MME icon - bonus points if they could make it match your cars color.
Try to connect your phone to the cars Bluetooth ONLY, donā€™t connect Android Auto and then try it again.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Set a picture on your phone in the contact for yourself. Then connect to the car with Bluetooth and it will sync the picture and make it available to choose for your profile.
I have a Pixel 6 pro, and I was pleasantly surprised when the MME picked up my profile image automatically. Ford software design does pay attention to some little details !

I'm hoping we can get Google to talk to Ford so HV battery SOC can be shared. This would allow Google Maps to add the same EV battery low charing features that Apple Maps has, but that is probably a separate thread.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Country flag
That Pandora icon is very interesting, personalized Pandora stations are part of SiriusXM 360L and I believe some very early material said that the Mach-E was going to support them. That obviously did not end up happening but that might be coming.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Not on thread topic, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my profile picture from my Samsung phone to upload to the car despite having a contact saved for myself on my phone with a picture.

On topic: I'd love to have the original MME icon - bonus points if they could make it match your cars color.
Yeah, I'm using an iPhone 13 Pro and soon an iPhone 15 Pro (depending on what the dean gets so we are the same so I can help when he's having issues)

I found the steps here somewhere on how to do the iPhone, but don't know about Android.

ShawnMakie

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE Grabber Blue - July 29th Delivery
Occupation
IT Engineer - infrastructure (UC/Network) and ITPM
Country flag
Figured out my profile picture issue. I had two different contacts with my phone number in it and one of them didn't have a picture. (I had a generic contact called "voicemail" for some reason). Deleted that contact and now the picture syncs.

DanoiZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It would be nice if we could have more than one native Sync app open at a time...something like Navigation and radio at the same time.
Yeah, they could have the secondary apps along the bottom so that you could see useful information from many things at the same time. But if they gave us that, they would just take it away like they did last time.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wish they would redesign Apple CarPlay back to the old multi-screen. Navigation on left half, directions on top right and media on bottom right. It is useless with the navigation on top half. I see less of my route and more of the trees on the side of the highway.
I believe it is still there

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I believe it is still there
The layout of CarPlay is automatic based on the aspect ratio of car play. When Ford changed the layout of CarPlay to be more portrait than landscape that caused the layout change in CarPlay. Only Apple can fix this unfortunately.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is this what he was looking for ?

IMG_2359.jpeg

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Is this what he was looking for ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Updated Sync 4A Icons are Coming! IMG_2359
No, I donā€™t think so. Back in the day CarPlay had the map filling the left half, then the other icons sharing the right. I think thatā€™s what heā€™s after. I always had my. At play maximized or something do itā€™s always looked like your picture.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, I donā€™t think so. Back in the day CarPlay had the map filling the left half, then the other icons sharing the right. I think thatā€™s what heā€™s after. I always had my. At play maximized or something do itā€™s always looked like your picture.
What I showed is only 1 way. I can also show just the map or other apps and some icons at the bottom or side
Sponsored