Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I ordered my Premium AWD with extended range on Nov. 24th. of 21. My week of production is August 22nd.

Hoping to getting it late September/early October.
Ordered the exact same model on the same exact day you did, and I took delivery at the end of April. Sorry you’ve waited so long - it is worth it, though.
Sponsored

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Ordered the exact same model on the same exact day you did, and I took delivery at the end of April. Sorry you’ve waited so long - it is worth it, though.
I have no idea why there would be such a wide difference in the delivery of an exact same vehicle? That is just crazy?

I guess the only consolation is that more of the bugs have been sorted out by getting it later?

Mr_Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many to list
Country flag
I have no idea why there would be such a wide difference in the delivery of an exact same vehicle? That is just crazy?

I guess the only consolation is that more of the bugs have been sorted out by getting it later?
The difference is probably dealer allocations. Higher volume dealers are allocated more cars so they fulfill orders faster. Even though most of us ordered online, delivery is still subject to dealer allocations by Ford. Another possibility is dealers can set a priority number on the order. If they want to give a preference to customer A over customer B, they can set A's priority higher even if A ordered after B.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
The difference is probably dealer allocations. Higher volume dealers are allocated more cars so they fulfill orders faster. Even though most of us ordered online, delivery is still subject to dealer allocations by Ford. Another possibility is dealers can set a priority number on the order. If they want to give a preference to customer A over customer B, they can set A's priority higher even if A ordered after B.
If that is the case, I must be a customer C............... :p

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yeah, I assume it’s a dealer allocation thing. I got an email within an hour of ordering that the dealer had confirmed the order. I’ve seen on some other threads on here where other folks mentioned waiting weeks or even months before seeing that email. I bought from a pretty large dealer in my area selling at MSRP.

Bubz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Shelby GT500
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
Finally got my build date for my CR1 Grabber Blue - 10/3/2022. Order date was Feb 15, 2022.

Who's the happy boy!

Mache65

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E, 21 F150 PB Limited, 21 Ram 1500 Limited
Country flag
Lets goo I bet this will be it for the march/april orders, seemed like they got majority of the feb/march orders. Anyone order in ‘21 still left?
Mine is from Dec 28th

Mache65

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E, 21 F150 PB Limited, 21 Ram 1500 Limited
Country flag
I got a 10/10 build date and VIN for my Premium RWD from my dealer. I opted for dark matter gray with Light space gray interior.
I have exact specs ☺

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 AWD ER Prem red/black, '22 Kia Sorento PHEV
Country flag
Since I see the discussion in this thread too, wanted to make sure people know - the sourcing rules (batteries, components - what country they come from) don't come into effect until 2024. That's when manufacturers need to hit 50% domestic. So for 2022 and 2023, the sourcing/material restrictions do not apply.

ETA: But the income restrictions and other rules do start with 2023.

Mr_Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many to list
Country flag
Since I see the discussion in this thread too, wanted to make sure people know - the sourcing rules (batteries, components - what country they come from) don't come into effect until 2024. That's when manufacturers need to hit 50% domestic. So for 2022 and 2023, the sourcing/material restrictions do not apply.

ETA: But the income restrictions and other rules do start with 2023.
I think your statement is only correct if the SoT withholds guidance until 1/1/24. Here an excerpt from the section on mineral content. The section on Battery components is similarly worded.

‘‘(1) CRITICAL MINERALS REQUIREMENT.— ‘‘(A) IN GENERAL.—The requirement described in this subparagraph with respect to a vehicle is that, with respect to the battery from which the electric motor of such vehicle draws electricity, the percentage of the value of the applicable critical minerals (as defined in section 45X(c)(6)) contained in such battery that were— ‘‘(i) extracted or processed— ‘‘(I) in the United States, or ‘‘(II) in any country with which the United States has a free trade agreement in effect, or ‘‘(ii) recycled in North America, is equal to or greater than the applicable percentage (as certified by the qualified manufacturer, in such form or manner as prescribed by the Secretary). ‘‘(B) APPLICABLE PERCENTAGE.—For purposes of subparagraph (A), the applicable percentage shall be— ‘‘(i) in the case of a vehicle placed in service after the date on which the proposed guidance described in paragraph (3)(B) is issued by the Secretary and before January 1, 2024, 40 percent,

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 AWD ER Prem red/black, '22 Kia Sorento PHEV
Country flag
I think your statement is only correct if the SoT withholds guidance until 1/1/24. Here an excerpt from the section on mineral content. The section on Battery components is similarly worded.

‘‘(1) CRITICAL MINERALS REQUIREMENT.— ‘‘(A) IN GENERAL.—The requirement described in this subparagraph with respect to a vehicle is that, with respect to the battery from which the electric motor of such vehicle draws electricity, the percentage of the value of the applicable critical minerals (as defined in section 45X(c)(6)) contained in such battery that were— ‘‘(i) extracted or processed— ‘‘(I) in the United States, or ‘‘(II) in any country with which the United States has a free trade agreement in effect, or ‘‘(ii) recycled in North America, is equal to or greater than the applicable percentage (as certified by the qualified manufacturer, in such form or manner as prescribed by the Secretary). ‘‘(B) APPLICABLE PERCENTAGE.—For purposes of subparagraph (A), the applicable percentage shall be— ‘‘(i) in the case of a vehicle placed in service after the date on which the proposed guidance described in paragraph (3)(B) is issued by the Secretary and before January 1, 2024, 40 percent,
I think that back end date is when the treasury department would have to have the certification process in place and proof submitted, so that the rule can be in effect from there forward. Thus a rule for 2024, as I read it. And I've seen other writeups by analysts stating the same. But there certainly is some play in there for the execution of the rule in detail. With all the hollering from the manufacturers, I suspect there will be lenience. In the end though, I don't see how this language would make it in effect for 2023. Nor do I think any manufacturer will be able to realistically hit those values by the time 2023 opens, and the government knows that. But the language is more important anyway, at this point.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Well I hope so, already getting the "I told you so" from the wife... she wanted the Model Y, all her "friends" already gotten their teslas but it looked so boring to me
Model Y. First car uglier than a Pontiac Aztec.
Jes sayin. Wives should stay in their lane. Baking pies and makin bacon. Oops. I bet I get flak for that sorry wives. But just look at that jellybean turd that Elon created.

seeya. Wives 🕺

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
I think that back end date is when the treasury department would have to have the certification process in place and proof submitted, so that the rule can be in effect from there forward. Thus a rule for 2024, as I read it. And I've seen other writeups by analysts stating the same. But there certainly is some play in there for the execution of the rule in detail. With all the hollering from the manufacturers, I suspect there will be lenience. In the end though, I don't see how this language would make it in effect for 2023. Nor do I think any manufacturer will be able to realistically hit those values by the time 2023 opens, and the government knows that. But the language is more important anyway, at this point.
There is a requirement that the Secretary provide guidance not later that 12/31/2022
‘‘(B) DEADLINE FOR PROPOSED GUID- ANCE.—Not later than December 31, 2022, the Secretary shall issue proposed guidance with re- spect to the requirements under this subsection.’’.
My understanding is that the battery requirements will be in effect for 2023.

marko

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Occupation
accountant
Country flag
Ordered my Premium AWD ER 12-7-21, dealer provided a build week of Sept. 26. Crazy stupid for sure.
Sponsored