John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
I asked my dealer about when I should get the VIN and he said that the VIN will be available once production starts on the vehicle...is he lying to me? 🤔
I've no idea how my dealer was able to give me a VIN today. Maybe your dealer will have that info a week or two from now, since your build week is later than mine? No idea. Will say, I was really surprised to hear I had a build week -- I was there to find out if I needed to sign the "active park assist" acceptance form to uncork the process. He said no, I can expect to sign that the day I pick up the car.

I figure there are plenty of things that can go wrong between now and July-ish, but it sure is pretty to think I might have a car before August.
Sponsored

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium (ER, RWD, Rapid Red)
Country flag
I am pretty sure the VIN is assigned when the car is scheduled for production. The window sticker is generated later. At least, that’s how it worked for the Escape I ordered. I got the VIN the same day that the build was scheduled.

HankScorpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Focus RS
Country flag
Your Ford email confirming your build week and VIN might take a while to arrive-- in the meantime you can use this tool to get it: https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/

I think I initially found it somewhere on this forum-- probably was developed by a forum user to begin with?
Good call. That tool was able to pull my Vin for me today which is pretty cool since I only just got my build date. FordPass doesn't recognize it, so I'll be curious to see how long it takes for the app to catch up.

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
Super bummed today. Had some work stress and maybe that's why I'm irrationally disappointed in not getting a date. I've only been waiting 3+ months, can only imagine how the people waiting 8+ months feel at this point!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I am pretty sure the VIN is assigned when the car is scheduled for production. The window sticker is generated later. At least, that’s how it worked for the Escape I ordered. I got the VIN the same day that the build was scheduled.
A build week is scheduled when a VIN is assigned. A window sticker is generated about 7 to 9 days before the scheduled build date.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
With posts seeming to indicate Ford is catching up on October orders across most trims, I thought I'd offer some optimism...

1. Continuing to see posts for only build weeks 5/2, 5/9, and 5/16 which leaves build week 5/23 to potentially have further scheduled orders trickle in tomorrow/Saturday (Thursday is typical, but several members in other scheduling weeks have stated receiving off-Thursday updates) or next week if we are lucky enough to get another cleanup week.

2. If Ford is able to maintain March production numbers and assuming 40-50% (~3100 units) of produced units are US bound, they will be producing 125% of average monthly orders 10/21-3/22 which should serve nicely in catching us up on build schedules and getting units out of chip hold. Since December 2021, production has been at least 2x sales so this 'catch up' should have already started on a smaller scale.

3. *Minimally scientific alert* There was a poll in February looking into which trims were most affected by the chip hold and not too surprisingly more than 1/3 were Premium AWD ER. The sample size was not enormous (n=50), so with some hesitation we could conclude this is what led to the early closing of Premium orders and why we are seeing very few Premium AWD ER scheduled over the past few batches. Hopefully this means late 2021 Premium AWD ER scheduling may be in the 5/23 batch or at most early June builds for late July delivery.

Basic emails or even tweets from Ford would be nice... "x % of 2021 orders remain to be scheduled for production anticipate 100% in x-x weeks, # remain in chip hold to move to final build over the next x weeks, working diligently and thank you for your patience..." Or just anything, maybe? Oh well, time is a construct and nothing matters - have a good day! lol

IBSM Premium AWD ER
Ordered 12/6/21 - not yet scheduled for production
Priority has been 10 since order placed (Dallas, TX)
Thanks for thinking and commenting about this.
My order date is "12/7/21 - not yet scheduled for production" and I've always been priority 19 and low volume dealer in ZEV state.
Ford Mustang Mach-E ⏱ Mach-E Scheduling Next Week (4/4) For Build Weeks 5/2 Through 5/23 1649377972635

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Super bummed today. Had some work stress and maybe that's why I'm irrationally disappointed in not getting a date. I've only been waiting 3+ months, can only imagine how the people waiting 8+ months feel at this point!
I've only been waiting 4 months for build date...
Ford Mustang Mach-E ⏱ Mach-E Scheduling Next Week (4/4) For Build Weeks 5/2 Through 5/23 1649378128776

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium GB
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Personally elated! Only took 7 months to get this far. :eek:

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I’m more excited than I thought I’d be since I bought a cancelled order that is literally the same exact car I ordered but a MY21. I feel selfish and actually kinda wish there was a way to push my spot back so someone who has waited longer could have my spot. It’s been a long 6 months but I know there’s people who are still waiting that have waited longer.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Huzzah!!!

Premium AWD ER build date (OD 10/1)

Ford Mustang Mach-E ⏱ Mach-E Scheduling Next Week (4/4) For Build Weeks 5/2 Through 5/23 1649378128776
Maybe our cars will be Pony pals the whole way to FL!!! My order with Ferman Ford in Clearwater was scheduled for 5/16. I will have to call and check on my Mullinax Kissimmee order tomorrow. Wouldn’t it be ironic if they got the same build date?!

bdbrown

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium 4X
Country flag
to the best of my recollection, 3 months ago the delivery estimates were 24-28 weeks on most trims…? I don’t think you’re quite out of the realm of possibility for on time delivery yet…

lasher914

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 GMC Sierra Classic, 2022 MME CRT1
Country flag
Hey, maybe there's hope for me after all! Congrats lasher914!
THANKS!! Dealer contacted me and said Ford asked them to remove Park Assist and add Park Assist Prep and as soon as they did this, I was scheduled the next week.

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Order date was 10/1 correct? Isn’t that 5 month to April 1? I struggle sometimes with math.

Bakins

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Mustang, Fusion (2)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also got my build date today ordered 11/24/21 the build date is 5/2/22, also got The VIN.
Sponsored