Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Anyone else seeing a large increase in phone battery usage with this new FordPass update? iPhone 11. And I did reboot the phone.

4DE55F09-5B48-4421-A005-4B756E65AE54.jpeg
It doesn't show up on my top list...not even on the list.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Is this just for Apple? I don't see an update in Google Play store.
Mine updates this morning, but I have not tested as I am half way across the country.

canuck1975

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select MME with tech package - "Peggy"
Country flag
Have a problem around here we tell Wally. Wally tells everyone else then no more problem. ;)

I see bug lists like NVidia for these as the tech progress and takes over this business. Whole lot better than frustrating your costumers leaving them trying to get something to work that does not. All tech has problems it is not a big deal. We could then all start complaining about how long it has been on the bug list. At least you know it is on a list of maybe to does.
I wish I had a costumer. I'd be the best dressed person round these parts! 😂

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
About six months ago I found an API access point with charging info, but never went farther with it for the Android widget. Subsequently Ford locked down parts of the API, but I checked today and this one still works. I'm going to check whether it's where the charging rate info is stored. I doubt the FordPass app is calculating this since it can't be continuously pinging the car.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If I had to guess, Ford made a design decision to make the EV charging experience as simple as possible for first time EV owners.

Since the window sticker says 150kW charging max speed, they would get even more complaints if the display in the car shows "46kW requested from DCFC station".

They made a choice to wrap different providers in the "Blue Oval Network", and provide the "time until 80%" on the display as a way to coach people towards that number as the stopping point for DCFC. Adding more numbers to the display would require more explanation as to what's going on.
I think running us into a brick wall at 80% is not good coaching ;) Looking real conservative to date. Hoping the DCFC curve can still get tweaked.

No probs noted with the app here to date all appears to be working as normal. Good (better) on battery drain on iPhone11 here to date. Since I never really use the phone Fordpass has been the one using 99% of the battery (it's background activity) many times.

It told me my L2 was charging at 8KW (no decimal?). I assume that is after charging loses and is what is actually going into the batteries? Confirmed my dumb grizzl-e charger is working ;)

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
New app downloaded while I was on a road trip. The rate of charge was a nice addition as I was in a snowstorm and didn't want to crawl out of the car again to monitor the tower.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Glad they added the charge rate, I just wish we had another decimal place below 10 kW.

About six months ago I found an API access point with charging info, but never went farther with it for the Android widget. Subsequently Ford locked down parts of the API, but I checked today and this one still works. I'm going to check whether it's where the charging rate info is stored. I doubt the FordPass app is calculating this since it can't be continuously pinging the car.
It seems to update about every 5 minutes or so while charging.

gsxtasy2002

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Live charge rate is probably second behind frunk button on my FordPass wishlist, so I won't look this particular gift horse in the mouth.

Hopefully they give this app icon designer a shot at the updated Sync interface as well.
Setup PAK and the frunk button appears.

Vaughan

First Name
Vaughan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
prius, mach-e premium
Occupation
retired
Country flag
New Dark logo & charge rate info. Who tried it yet? Hopefully it includes charge speed!
It doesn't update the charge percent or miles added after 1 mile and 1 kw. Regression

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I just checked the app, and I still have SecuriAlert. Thank God. Don’t know how I could live without getting a push notification every time I open my unlocked car door.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I just checked the app, and I still have SecuriAlert. Thank God. Don’t know how I could live without getting a push notification every time I open my unlocked car door.
Me too.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thankfully SecuriAlert vanished from FordPass on my iPhone with this update. It literally never worked properly for me - always on or always off. I chose always off.

What’s disconcerting is the variance between users as to whether we still have SecuriAlert or not. Yes, I restarted, did a hard restart, etc.

Last edited:

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Why they change the color of the app icon for Android. It was fine before. Now I got a dark horse app. If the app itself was in dark mode that would make sense I guess.

The charge rate is cool.

Is the fix for when I decide to charge to 100% and then stop charging the app shows data? The most important data doesn't show for me. The overall percentage and mileage gained shows but the kw etc doesn't show.

Last edited: