Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The last two charges are 25 miles short of previous 100% charges . Nothing unusual is being reported by software app. I have a 2022 Premium with Extended Battery.
Sponsored

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Are you talking about what the Guess-o-meter says, or actual distance driven? Does this factor in variables that change the car's efficiency, like speed, wind, temperature, road conditions, altitude change, etc?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
There are dozens of threads asking the same question as you. Search and read the existing information on ambient temperature and driving patterns.

Reactions: ARK

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OP
OP

RichL

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My real question is about the drop in miles displayed after a 100% charge. It just seemed strange that for over a year the 100% charge showed milage available at 308 and all of a sudden it has dropped to 286. I understand all of the factors about real milage and the effects of weather, temperature, speed, and accessory use.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
My real question is about the drop in miles displayed after a 100% charge. It just seemed strange that for over a year the 100% charge showed milage available at 308 and all of a sudden it has dropped to 286. I understand all of the factors about real milage and the effects of weather, temperature, speed, and accessory use.
Normal behavior. Temperature is one of the factors taken into account. This type of question is one of the most common on the forum... see the link shared above.

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
Winter is coming--and so is the onslaught of "What happened to my range" questions from all the new owners. Let's just be patient and explain that winter is cold, batteries suck in the cold. It will get better in the spring.

AngryMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OLD 2021 Select , NEW 2023 GT...RED !
Occupation
Living the good life
Country flag
IF the 100% charges were a while ago remember that we've had some OTAs that messed with the range/GOM so I don't think we have an apples to apples comparison anymore . My 100% charges don't match up to the ones from last year or the year before even taking into account the temps at charging time

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
IF the 100% charges were a while ago remember that we've had some OTAs that messed with the range/GOM so I don't think we have an apples to apples comparison anymore . My 100% charges don't match up to the ones from last year or the year before even taking into account the temps at charging time
Yes. Ford claims that recent updates make the GOM more accurate now, so the algorithms have changed, assuming you're up to date on your OTA updates.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Over the almost two years I have had my MME, Ford has changed the way the GOM works multiple times. Right now it seems to show the EPA range at 100%. However, the battery SoH impacts range so my GOM is what EPA range would be with 93% SoH. This could be what you are seeing - the impact of SoH on the displayed range.

Once you put a destination in the Navigation system, it will adjust the GOM based on the expected efficiency for that trip.
Sponsored