First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
@Kamuelaflyer sorry dude. Ranting up here in the cold.

Ya there is something going on here since if I log out I get this

Capture3.JPG

If I log in I get this

Capture4.JPG

But here are my settings? Blocking does not block their quotes by others. You see them? I don't block I skip.

Capture2.JPG
Shayne, this means that @louibluey is hiding your posts so that he won't see them (his choice), and also he's blocking you from seeing HIS posts.

That's what the two-way ignore does. Sadly, that is turned on by default even though I'd argue it should be off by default. As you can see it's turned on with your account, too, even though you don't block anyone

There are decent people like @Woeo for example that block me in this way. It makes for a poor forum experience for us when threads pop up with seemingly no new content, and with replies out of context since we do not see what was quoted.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Shayne, this means that @louibluey is hiding your posts so that he won't see them (his choice), and also he's blocking you from seeing HIS posts.

That's what the two-way ignore does. Sadly, that is turned on by default even though I'd argue it should be off by default. As you can see it's turned on with your account, too, even though you don't block anyone

There are decent people like @Woeo for example that block me in this way. It makes for a poor forum experience for us when threads pop up with seemingly no new content, and with replies out of context since we do not see what was quoted.
I appreciate it when a forum has a good ignore function. I like to ignore threads that I consider nonsense, or things I don't care about. But, more importantly, if I choose to ignore a person, then I don't want to see their messages quoted by anyone else either.

None of those options should be on by default though.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I am confused. My dealer told me that the car could be left for 3 months as the 12v battery would automatically be charged from the main battery pack, and as long as that had sufficient charge there would not be a problem. Reading some of the threads this seems to be nonsense. Does anyone know what the position is with newly built Mach e's? Should I put it on a trickle charge every 2/3 weeks?
My belief is that when the vehicle is stored at Ford awaiting chips and/or in transport mode, the 12v is not being charged consistently or to a healthy state which could be causing sulfation as others have mentioned and benefits from a restorative charge to bring it back to a healthy state after you receive the vehicle. I charged mine after received it and it seems to have been around 60% SoC when I did so...now it's showing it's being maintained around 90%.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Normal forums you can ignore people so you do not see their posts. Got it. Also a good feature that you also do not see them when they are quoted. That is there right as that is them managing their experience. Have absolutely no problem with that.

However to be able to dictate others experience on a open forum is not. Hiding content from a chosen few with members having the authorization to do that makes this forum pretty useless. Thinking a bit disgusting.

It should not be a members rights to dictate what others experiences are on a open forum.

Really do not care who it was as it is really not that important. Actually normally you should have never known they did ignore someone if it worked the way every other forum I have ever been on does. It is the fact that other members (not admin) have the right to modify my experience. You say it in a forum you say it to all is the way it has been for year. Understand the concept now of what is going on here thanks. I'm out not interested in being a part of that.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag

I didn't know about two-way blocking, sorry. There is a specific check box that can be unchecked, I did not know about that. After changing it, don't forget to hit save.

I rarely use ignore, and frown on those who discuss it regularly. But If I feel suckered into an extended exchange (probably as much my issue, as the other), I find that I can break off more easily by just hitting ignore.

I did not know that it had any impact on, or notice to the other person.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 12v battery charging Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 5.40.15 PM
Sponsored

Last edited: