2.3.0 New Feature - Apple Maps Low EV Battery notification plus a bug?

danielgary

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Race Red F-150
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I got 2.3.0 last week. This notification just popped up for me. Never seen this one before.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2.3.0 New Feature - Apple Maps Low EV Battery notification plus a bug? 2CB3D33E-FA43-438A-A389-4CEC92298329

I also seem to have encountered a bug with cruise control randomly enabling? I’ve been driving this car for 7 months now, so it’s not me being confused. Twice today while slowing down using OPD, cruise control engaged and it started accelerating. I noticed in the release notes there were some changes related to cruise. Didn’t know if anyone had seen this.
Sponsored

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
I got 2.3.0 last week. This notification just popped up for me. Never seen this one before.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2.3.0 New Feature - Apple Maps Low EV Battery notification plus a bug? 2CB3D33E-FA43-438A-A389-4CEC92298329

I also seem to have encountered a bug with cruise control randomly enabling? I’ve been driving this car for 7 months now, so it’s not me being confused. Twice today while slowing down using OPD, cruise control engaged and it started accelerating. I noticed in the release notes there were some changes related to cruise. Didn’t know if anyone had seen this.
The Apple Maps integration could be from the new Ford Pass app version , although they didn’t say anything on the release notes.

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Uhhh so the first thing is kinda cool. Digging that notification! The second is very much _not_ cool. Does anything in particular trigger the activation?

(Also, I know you said you know what you’re doing, but are you totally sure you’re not accidentally activating it? I‘ve found that if I grip the steering wheel a bit different than usual, I’ll sometimes activate cruise control By accident.)

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

I've had a few times where I let off the accelerator expecting to slow down, only for it to keep going. Looking down realize that cruise is set. It seems to just be really easy to accidentally turn it on while driving and not realize it. I've just bumped the button many times just turning the wheel.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
2cb3d33e-fa43-438a-a389-4cec92298329-jpeg.jpg
Out of curiosity, what was your cars battery at when this came up? Was it the same as the level you set for it to turn orange, or was it a level that Apple Maps is looking for?

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Out of curiosity, what was your cars battery at when this came up? Was it the same as the level you set for it to turn orange, or was it a level that Apple Maps is looking for?
I have also started getting that notification, and to date it has been completely useless. Got it today at 89% charge.

When I first saw it the car was on 1.7.1 and Fordpass was the previous version. Today was 2.1.0 and the latest FordPass.

OP
OP

danielgary

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Race Red F-150
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Yeah the alert came through around the same time the car said low battery, which I have set at 20%.

As for the cruise issue, that was my first thought the first time it happened. But twice in one day is a huge coincidence since it’s never happened to me before. I’ll keep an eye out for it to happen again.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The CarPlay low battery has worked for me forever. The car passes that info onto CarPlay. My FE did it too from day 1. It seems that it doesn't always instantly show up though.

The cruise shouldn't auto engage at all. My guess is you did accidentally have it on. I've done the same thing accidentally.

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
The CarPlay low battery has worked for me forever. The car passes that info onto CarPlay. My FE did it too from day 1. It seems that it doesn't always instantly show up though.
Do you know if the threshold it‘s warning you about set by yourself or the car or Apple? Excellent feature if it can pull from the car’s settings.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2.3.0 New Feature - Apple Maps Low EV Battery notification plus a bug? 2cb3d33e-fa43-438a-a389-4cec92298329-jpe

I have accidentally re-engaged or started cruise control more than once by resting my palm on the left side of the steering wheel and pressing down on those controls without noticing. Even easier to do accidentally if you have gloves on. Are you sure the car did it on its own, or could you have done it accidentally?

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Clearly some of you are holding the steering wheel wrong. Need I remind you that this is the only way to hold your steering wheel?

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2.3.0 New Feature - Apple Maps Low EV Battery notification plus a bug? Wheel

Personally I feel you need to lean more to the right but Dominic is my goto on anything car related and has never let me down so I'll let the non-lean slide.

And yes, the Mach-E needs NOS.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2.3.0 New Feature - Apple Maps Low EV Battery notification plus a bug? Wheel

Hello, Daniel!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this cruise control issue on your Mach-E. Thanks!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

The cruise shouldn't auto engage at all. My guess is you did accidentally have it on. I've done the same thing accidentally.
Hmm, I've never seen any CarPlay integration other than Maps has an option to Search for Chargers instead of Gas Stations. I'll be honest my battery very very rarely gets below 30 percent though, is this the only time you've seen it acknowledge that it knows your SoC? Does your vehicle show up in the Apple Maps setting on the phone? I've literally never seen this working as it says it's supposed to, currently only Ford and BMW apparently support this.. Also, are you hardwired or using wireless CarPlay?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Do you know if the threshold it‘s warning you about set by yourself or the car or Apple? Excellent feature if it can pull from the car’s settings.
It's when the car says low battery it informs CarPlay it is low. It does the same thing in a gas car when the gas light comes on.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
It's when the car says low battery it informs CarPlay it is low. It does the same thing in a gas car when the gas light comes on.
Ah ok, this must be a different CarPlay feature than the EV routing that's been promised and has never materialized.
Sponsored