kmurraydesigns

First Name
Kaylin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Is there a way to turn these off? What do they do/what are they called? I don’t care about them during the day but at night they are a bit distracting…
Sponsored

Tron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-E premium AWD STD - Infinite Blue
Country flag
Aren't they part of ambient lighting? I figured they provide an accent to the space beneath them. IIRC, the color will match your ambient lighting choice. If true, you may be able to turn them off if there is an option to turn off ambient lighting altogether.

OP
OP
kmurraydesigns

kmurraydesigns

First Name
Kaylin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Aren't they part of ambient lighting? I figured they provide an accent to the space beneath them. IIRC, the color will match your ambient lighting choice. If true, you may be able to turn them off if there is an option to turn off ambient lighting altogether.
I didn’t think they were apart of ambient lighting because they don’t change color, they are always blue… but maybe, I’ll try turning that off and see if that works!

Tron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-E premium AWD STD - Infinite Blue
Country flag
I could have sworn mine changed color. Now I will have to check tomorrow. Apologies in advance if IDNRC. (I Did Not Recall Correctly). :)

OP
OP
kmurraydesigns

kmurraydesigns

First Name
Kaylin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I could have sworn mine changed color. Now I will have to check tomorrow. Apologies in advance if IDNRC. (I Did Not Recall Correctly). :)
? no problem! There are A LOT of little settings in this car so I am constantly getting confused on things!!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
One of the blue lights can be switched to orange. But then it'll be hard to see your stuff when you open the doors or the trunk. So, blue is better than orange (this one time). ;)

I actually like these lights quite a bit. But I totally get that it's personal taste and that they can be bothersome to others.

Maybe some tiny pieces of electrical tape would be helpful for those who find the lights annoying?

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E E4X
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
I can't find the thread anymore but somebody had figured out you could put the camera covers people use for laptops, on these lights. That way, you hide them when not needed and still have on-demand blue light.

Something like this (amazon link)

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Yep those should work fine, I did this on my 21 Select. Haven't gotten around to it on my new one but those look exactly like the ones I used.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
Yep I put them on mine. I will take a picture later and add what it looks like. works like a charm.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
They are tied into the dash brightness display. Turning down the dash brightness helps (push buttons near the main light dial).