First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Thank you all for the responses.

We both work from home, so we don't put a lot of miles on either car. Based on the responses, I think we're going stay with just one charger/EVSE, however, since we have to move the location, I'm going to have 2 50 AMP circuits run, so, if needed, I can add a second EVSE later.
We have a Porsche Panamera hybrid and my MME. We also work from home so I only need to charge my MME at most once a week. My husband only gets like 25 miles on a charge so he charges every day. We have 1 charger and move it back and forth as needed.
Sponsored

migmig420

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
I have a MME and a Mod 3. I just move the handle to the car that needs it. I'm installing a solar carport in the next couple of months, it will be set up for both cars.
can you share with me the details of your solar carport. I’m also in the market and having a hard time finding options.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
Mo chargers, mo problems. We've have three - and just bought a fourth - EVs and manage to charge off a single Tesla 48A wall charger.

RSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E P ER
Country flag
can you share with me the details of your solar carport. I’m also in the market and having a hard time finding options.
I'm not purchasing a pre packaged system, I am working with a local electrician(when he pulled up in a Lightning I knew he was the right contractor) and we are designing it and will procure the components once we finalize the plan. The return on investment will be very long so this is more about learning and adding fuel to my OCD personality.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
One EVSE here, with one BEV and a couple of PHEVs. So far, no issues with charger overlap since I only plug the MME in a couple of times a week due to not having a long commute. 😊🐩

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thank you all for the responses.

We both work from home, so we don't put a lot of miles on either car. Based on the responses, I think we're going stay with just one charger/EVSE, however, since we have to move the location, I'm going to have 2 50 AMP circuits run, so, if needed, I can add a second EVSE later.
Sounds like a wise decision. We have a Mach E (E4X) and a Lightning ER. Lots of batteries. We still use the dinky 24A charger we installed for our Leaf. It's usually all we need.
Sponsored