generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Since I'll have 1-pedal drive on all the time, "L" in the Mach-E isn't going to have any purpose.
If you're going down a long hill, you'd have to keep your foot on the accelerator the whole time if you have 1-pedal driving enabled. This is the use case for L.
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah while I agree - my current mazda does both (beep and blinking lights) and i find that additional beep to be additional assurance especially in two lane turns. Again i know that lot of mfrs dont add the beep - BMW for example. So I am sure I can live without the beeps. Drove for years without any of this right. But philosophically I dont understand why the audio beep is not available - I get that they are trying to not make the driver depend on the beeps.

Plan to enjoy the Mach E anyway.
They could offer an on/off swith for the beep, a driver pref setup

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Lincoln has both the Adaptive Cruise and Speed Sign recognition. Both work extremely well in mountains, flatland, day, and night. I especially like how a little speed limit sign appears on the speedometer display. Not sure if the MME will have the little speed limit sign on the driver display, but it is great on unfamiliar roads. I know instantly how big the speeding ticket is going to be.
And I was believing like many other people probably that these kind of Adaptive Cruise and Speed Sign Recognition was a Tesla thing, what a big mistake.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven't checked the temperature range, but Amazon sells a charge adapter made in Canada: Grizzl E(or something close)
Thanks to both; The Ford charger is going to get used and we will see how it holds up.
Grizzle Classic operating range from site: Operating temperatures: -30C to +50C (14F to 122F) Canadain Co. and assume Celsius is correct?
Ford moblie charger operating range from manual: WARNING: Do not operate the Ford Mobile Charger in temperature outside its operation range of -22ºF to +122ºF (-30ºC to +50ºC).
This is why i bought a juicebox pro. Operating temperatures: -30 to +50 C
Seems to be a trend.

grizzl-e.com has a Grizlle Extreme @ the store; but coming soon. With part description: The Grizzl-e Extreme Edition comes exclusively with the premium 24 ft cable which remains flexible in cold temperatures. Internal design and components have been selected to provide maximum operational life of the charger, even in the toughest elements. Will wait and see how it goes and keep an eye on the extreme (40 amp also). We assume you can not void the warranty of the vehicle for charging it and the above warning, as well as charging in extreme snow and rain, only apply to the charger unit? If so no big prob; may need a few chargers in its life? Maintenance cost like all those cabin filters ;).

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't understand why it's annoying when it's a valuable feature to save you from calling a towing if your battery dies and you can't start the car anymore IMO, if you want to listen to music from your radio can't you just turn the key to "accessory" no motor running and no turning off after ten min.
No, that's when battery saver kicks in - when you're in accessory mode. And it turns off after something closer to 3 minutes (might be 4 or 5, haven't really timed it, but it's short). Hitting the start button again (accessory) does no good. You have to actually start the engine to start over.

I get why the feature exists (you don't want the radio running for 15 hours overnight and draining the battery). But 3 minutes is ridiculous. Should be able to do at least half an hour. I wouldn't even mind if it reminded me every 10 minutes to re-press the start button to extend it (without having to start the engine). But no, the only way to keep it going is to restart the engine every 3 minutes or so (or just leave it running).

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
And I was believing like many other people probably that these kind of Adaptive Cruise and Speed Sign Recognition was a Tesla thing, what a big mistake.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic-sign_recognition

It should also be noted that not all cars displaying a speed limit sign are getting that data from traffic sign recognition. Some just get it from GPS map data. Google maps and other apps display a speed limit sign too.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks; no vehicle I've owned would I throw it into low to increase drivability going down hills ;) . Terminology means something different for EV's. Based on all the different configs and settings you can be playing with this new toy for a while. Appears you can place a bit of the price tag towards entertainment value. Lots new to learn and play with.

Page 152 "charging your vehicle"

WARNING: Do not operate the Ford Mobile Charger in temperature outside its operation range of -22ºF to +122ºF (-30ºC to +50ºC).

If it is below -22 (-30 for us) I thought for sure I would want to leave it plugged in not to freeze the batteries and make sure it has the juice to maintain it. Only normally happens a few times a year but it will happen. Confusing why I would not operate the charger? We definitely have block heaters plugged in below that temp (nothing moves if you don't). Can anyone explain the logic behind this warning and does anyone know of a Nema 14-50 (40 amps) charger that is rated below minus 30 oC?

For reference it also states.

Allowing your battery to cool before charging and setting the maximum state of charge to 90% for everyday usage improves longevity of your high voltage battery.
Yes here's the Flo charger info probably the most beatifull and best charger there is, but it has a cost.
https://www.flo.com/en-CA/drivers/single-home/

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, that's when battery saver kicks in - when you're in accessory mode. And it turns off after something closer to 3 minutes (might be 4 or 5, haven't really timed it, but it's short). Hitting the start button again (accessory) does no good. You have to actually start the engine to start over.

I get why the feature exists (you don't want the radio running for 15 hours overnight and draining the battery). But 3 minutes is ridiculous. Should be able to do at least half an hour. I wouldn't even mind if it reminded me every 10 minutes to re-press the start button to extend it (without having to start the engine). But no, the only way to keep it going is to restart the engine every 3 minutes or so (or just leave it running).
I think our wives may get along ;).

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks; understand but there should be a safety factor of 10 15 degrees in that warning ;) ? Needs to be plugged in at that temp no? I wonder if it is plugged in before it drops below -30 if it is OK? Any opinion for a 14-50 charger with components rated for lower temps?
Also I think real temp below -30 is rare but of course they always say that it's the feel temp that is often under that -30 and it is at -40 many times. But I feel it's OK! even at those -30 or less because the charger itself when in use generates eat inside the box. In the worst case scenario I would think the charger will shut off himself.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had to spend time in Edmonton and got to experience -40 and below. (For those of you lucky enough to never have experienced -40, it doesn't matter if its fahrenheit or celsius, it's the same temp either way.) So I know you're wrong. Because as soon as you stretch out that cord you're going to get on an airplane and get the hell to somewhere warmer. ;)

Just having fun, you're absolutely right of course. Brrrrrr.
Fortunately there are chargers that comes with flexible cable in very low temp, especially if they are build in Canada (like the Grizzl-E), of course for the chargers made in California I wouldn't try to use them here. ;)

Edit: I was reading a review of the Juice Box 40 from Inside EV's and despite it was classified a good charger unfortunately his cable is not a flexible one in cold temp, so if it's for outdoor use I would not choose this charger.
https://insideevs.com/news/402950/enelx-juicebox-smart-ev-charger-review/

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes here's the Flo charger info probably the most beatifull and best charger there is, but it has a cost.
https://www.flo.com/en-CA/drivers/single-home/
Appears they are hard wired? When that goes you have more than just buying a new one and plug it in. Check out the grizzl-e extreme 14-50 40 amp. When it comes out it may be a bit less on the pocket book. Have a feeling they be like extension cords; not all created equal and nothing lasts forever. Who knows Fords may function perfectly.

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Sorry for this being my first post, but I've been lurking. I put in a reservation for the First Edition and even converted to actual order while trying to learn about capabilities. I've been excited at each step, but now this manual flat out confirms no towing at all, which is one of my main criteria for a vehicle. suck.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
[QUOTE="Shayne, post: 60767, member: When it comes out it may be a bit less on the pocket book.
[/QUOTE]

The Grizzl-E Extreme has been available for a while now despite what their website shows. I've had mine installed for 2 months now. It has already seen -20F and the cable is still perfectly flexible. I ordered thru Amazon at $499.

You can also the exteme cold flexible cable on the regular Grizzl-E at $419.
Sponsored