Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Can anyone find a list of all of features on each of the 5 models? Aroundview?? etc.
Go here: CONFIGURE YOUR MUSTANG MACH-E

You can see the features list for each Mach-e trim there. They may change and more options may become available when the order banks open up next year.

Butenegro

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
One of the articles I read said that a Ford dealer would be able to have 95% of Mach E parts within 24 hours. I know one of the biggest issues with Tesla is the availability of parts and timelines of repairs.
In Spain, where I live, Tesla's problems in supplying parts are very large. To start the delivery of your new vehicle, a tent is carried out on the street in a warehouse of an industrial estate. From that moment on, the after-sales service is very bad, staff without experience in cars. A car is not like a telephone or an electronic device.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Cargo Space Comparison:

Mustang Mach-e: 59.6 cu. ft. (Back with Seats Down) + 4.8 cu. ft. (Frunk) = 64.4 cu. ft.

Tesla Model Y : 66 cu. ft. (includes both the Back with Seats Down and Frunk)

Could not find the size of the Model Y Frunk documented, just the total cargo space with seats down.

Hot Runr Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Escape, 2019 Edge
Country flag
I'm curious how the 2nd row headroom numbers will compare. The Mach-E seems to carry the roof higher, the Y seems like it could be tight for an adult.

HRG

schmluss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
The Model Y will have an optional
3rd row. I donā€™t see how they can possibly fit that in there.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Falcon
Country flag
Mach E is one of the better looking designs out there at the moment.

The Y has that Tesla theme. It tries to retain that look but in doing so it looks awkward, and some of the proportions seem a little off. Same with the other two models, the X and the 3. The Model S looks timeless and is well-proportioned - something that people will keep appreciating for a long time. The other Teslas look OK but they don't hit the mark like the S did.

So, Elon noticed this drift; unable to maintain the balance in the design of his cars like he did with Model S, so he thought long and hard about a new design direction and came up with the Cybrtrk.
/Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Anyway....
I actually don't see these "competing" although the specs, price, performance are all similar. They are both vying for a very large, untapped space so I don't see one as a real threat to the other. When you look at what is available with their specs there is nothing else available so its more a case of them both being in a space where demand will outstrip supply. For a while they'll have that segment to themselves. I see them both as great threats, however, to any vehicles, especially SUVs, anywhere near their price.

The other reason I don't think they "compete" is because of the contrast in the type of personalities that would gravitate to them. I'm not saying the Mach E will attract Mustang buyers, rather, it will attract people that love the Mustang but never bought one because of the lack of practicality and user friendliness, and there are many that love the icon which is Mustang. Then you have those who will love it just for it's shape, or for the fact it is a sensibly designed SUV, and it goes without saying, many will buy it because it's a BEV.

On the other hand the Tesla consumers have been buying Teslas because there wasn't any competition. Then there are also the Tesla zealots that swear Elon is the second coming and nothing will sway them from buying anything else.

The Model S caused a great dent in the sales of other luxury marques because it is the next technology, because it was great looking, and last but not least, it is ridiculously fast. It was on it's own in those respects. There was nothing like it. No competition. To a slightly lesser degree the Mach E is tapping in to that. As I've tried to point out in other posts, this is why its a pivotal and crucial vehicle for Ford. It's a case of either get it right 100%, or, if it fails, could prove to be a very costly with a huge detriment to Ford's quest entering that next phase of technology. To ensure its success it would have been suicide not to do what they've done in making it a Mustang. They looked at Tesla, and then they saw others working towards taking Tesla down. They knew this fight was going to get bloody because early dominance and sales momentum is key. They had a fight on their hands so they went back to the shed and pulled out their biggest gun - the Mustang!

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

The Y has that Tesla theme. It tries to retain that look but in doing so it looks awkward, and some of the proportions seem a little off. Same with the other two models, the X and the 3. The Model S looks timeless and is well-proportioned - something that people will keep appreciating for a long time. The other Teslas look OK but they don't hit the mark like the S did.

So, Elon noticed this drift; unable to maintain the balance in the design of his cars like he did with Model S, so he thought long and hard about a new design direction and came up with the Cybrtrk.

Anyway....
I actually don't see these "competing" although the specs, price, performance are all similar. They are both vying for a very large, untapped space so I don't see one as a real threat to the other. When you look at what is available with their specs there is nothing else available so its more a case of them both being in a space where demand will outstrip supply. For a while they'll have that segment to themselves. I see them both as great threats, however, to any vehicles, especially SUVs, anywhere near their price.

The other reason I don't think they "compete" is because of the contrast in the type of personalities that would gravitate to them. I'm not saying the Mach E will attract Mustang buyers, rather, it will attract people that love the Mustang but never bought one because of the lack of practicality and user friendliness, and there are many that love the icon which is Mustang. Then you have those who will love it just for it's shape, or for the fact it is a sensibly designed SUV, and it goes without saying, many will buy it because it's a BEV.

On the other hand the Tesla consumers have been buying Teslas because there wasn't any competition. Then there are also the Tesla zealots that swear Elon is the second coming and nothing will sway them from buying anything else.

The Model S caused a great dent in the sales of other luxury marques because it is the next technology, because it was great looking, and last but not least, it is ridiculously fast. It was on it's own in those respects. There was nothing like it. No competition. To a slightly lesser degree the Mach E is tapping in to that. As I've tried to point out in other posts, this is why its a pivotal and crucial vehicle for Ford. It's a case of either get it right 100%, or, if it fails, could prove to be a very costly with a huge detriment to Ford's quest entering that next phase of technology. To ensure its success it would have been suicide not to do what they've done in making it a Mustang. They looked at Tesla, and then they saw others working towards taking Tesla down. They knew this fight was going to get bloody because early dominance and sales momentum is key. They had a fight on their hands so they went back to the shed and pulled out their biggest gun - the Mustang!
I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about the state of the EV market and can recite all sorts of facts and stats about Tesla in particular. That's why my Tesla buddies are quite baffled by my decision to reserve a Mach-E rather than Model Y. In my opinion, the Y is an overweight-looking version of a Model 3 with seemingly nothing appealing to look at.

I totally agree with the argument that Tesla holds an apparent advantage in both battery efficiency and Supercharger network. However, consumers just care about overall range (as opposed to mi/kWh) and that the CCS network exists plus that it's expanding.

The Mach-E has great looks, promised Mustang performance and EV range that is among best in class.

OP
OP
BadaBing

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about the state of the EV market and can recite all sorts of facts and stats about Tesla in particular. That's why my Tesla buddies are quite baffled by my decision to reserve a Mach-E rather than Model Y. In my opinion, the Y is an overweight-looking version of a Model 3 with seemingly nothing appealing to look at.

The Mach-E has great looks, promised Mustang performance and EV range that is among best in class.
Agreed. It looks like a clumsy baby elephant.

Tesla-Model-Y-prototype-16.jpg

Butenegro

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag

Anyway....

You are very right. The Tesla Model S looks well proportioned, a great sedan. but the model And it does not look natural, it is like bloated, they have tried to make a model 3 in suv version and that does not work out. On the other hand I am looking forward to know how the Mustang Electric Sedan will be.

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
I had a pre-reveal Model 3 reservation, but was extremely disappointed that Tesla refused to have them in the showroom when my number came up. One year ago, a salesperson let me test drive a Model 3 Dual Motor Over a weekend. Honestly, it was perhaps the most fun on four wheels that Iā€™ve ever had. However, I have three kids and spouse and live in Minnesota. Dual motor/4-wheel drive is not an option. At 6ā€™3ā€, the backseat of Model 3 is cramped. I was right to pass, both times.

While the 7-seat Model Y has a appeal... I fear it too will also be cramped.

Honestly, my background is Buickā€™s. While I had a beater F-150 and my wife had a Focus... I cannot say that Iā€™m a Ford guy. I did rent a Mustang in California for a long weekend about six years ago and it was a blast.

Something about Fordā€™s approach with Mach-e does resonate.

So, now a First Edition Mach-e reservation awaits and already Iā€™ve checked with Ford Marketing. They told me, ā€œThere will be one in the dealership when you confirm your order.ā€ Kudos to Ford! That is the proper way to do business.

I saw the test drive where the guy said, it was one pedal driving... Does anyone here know if the Mach-e has the equivalent of regenerative braking? Is there a sun shade for that big glass and/or full UV protection?

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag

Anyway....

Yep, concur. I passed on Model 3 twice and something about Y isnā€™t right. Plenty of used Sā€™s, and The potential cost of replacing batteries in 1/3 the cost of the car new!

Only mistake in Mach-e design is the cluster. Volvo is projecting driving info and following distance warning icon onto the windshield and that is so crazy wonderful.