2022 cyber orange stolen from my driveway (FOUND) [⚠️ ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

OP
OP
NachoCheez

NachoCheez

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 21 Tesla Y
Occupation
Sports Medicine
Country flag
UPDATE: I responded to my insurance with a letter disputing their settlement - i cited about 4 cars i found (used with the same mileage 17ishK) that would cost well over 35k with taxes, tag and title - as well as the extra's i paid for, the unique color, the ability to get HOV stickers (which is a must for me) and the emotional distress (which is not their problem, but my lawyer partner said it couldnt hurt). They are now re-evaluating and will let me know early next week. In the meantime, I am debating what to buy - I rented a bronco in hawaii and fell in love, but i can't drive a gas guzzler over a bridge 58miles roundtrip everyday. So sticking with electric - getting another MME or because we have a 21 tesla Y, might go back to the that - the security and self driving options are better. I like almost everything else about the MME better, though. There arent any other electric options i like better.
Sponsored

CarlSagan82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I'm still trying to wrap my head around theives using a seemingly sophisticated method to steal a car, including having the wherewithal to reset Fordpass....all to joyride in it and then dump it? If you're going to steal it to commit a crime, why pick the bright orange car?
They were probably intelligent and sophisticated BEFORE drinking a case of tequila or whatever the alcohol was they found lol

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Sometimes, criminals are idiots. You look to have won a case of booze, I’d seriously ask for that. Just, because that’s how I am with insurance companies.

OP
OP
NachoCheez

NachoCheez

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 21 Tesla Y
Occupation
Sports Medicine
Country flag
Sometimes, criminals are idiots. You look to have won a case of booze, I’d seriously ask for that. Just, because that’s how I am with insurance companies.
I already have that, my guy. They told me to take everything i wanted so they could delete the vehicle from existence

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Final offer from my insurance, $41,923. I am very happy with that. Now I can finally start negotiationg with a dealership and get a new car.
Excellent. Negotiating worked!! Congratulations. Best of luck and look forward to hearing/seeing what you get to replace it.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Final offer from my insurance, $41,923. I am very happy with that. Now I can finally start negotiationg with a dealership and get a new car.
That's great. Have the perps been brought to justice?

NC-GT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance
Congrats on the insurance settlement. You have great timing if you are looking for a new 2023 leftover on sale :)

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
I have experience with DV. Under any circumstance, your insurance company does not pay you for diminished value on your car they insure for you that you damaged in an accident. Only the other insurance company, if their driver is at fault for an accident that damaged your car, pays diminished value.

Your comprehensive coverage covers stolen cars damaged or declared a total loss. So, the event should not increase your premium for the loss. Living in Oakland may affect affect your rates due to crime risk.
My insurance paid me DV on a hit and run. I assume they paid from uninsured motorist part of my policy. That’s how they assigned the deductible, too.