Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thank you, if the dealer is unable to confirm the equipment, I will see if Ford will tow or at least cover some of the cost.

I will keep this post updated and will update the main HVBJB thread as well. I am in Virginia, and am surprised with how limited the dealer options are considering the high number of Mach-Es in this area.
Again, if you talk to the BEV team they should also assist with towing or at least explain the options

OP
OP
Chris-MMEX_GT500

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT / Star White
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
1/17 Day 1 - Mach E was dropped off at my local dealer, I was able to confirm that they have an EV certified tech. Also, I was able to drive the car to the dealership with the power jailed to 50%.

Alerts on my vehicle are:

1. Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power
2. High-Voltage Battery Warning

In the vehicle, the warning "Service Vehicle Soon" was on the center display.

I will update once they diagnose the issue as I suspect it is related to the HVBJB.

OP
OP
Chris-MMEX_GT500

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Day 1 - Update: The dealer confirmed that it is the HVBJB that failed and also stated the TSB 22-2178. They ordered the part, but it is not available unless it is an emergency.

I updated my Ford BEV rep and asked to work with the dealer to expedite the part via COPIS.

Hopefully, I will hear an update on the part soon.

My dealer is Front Royal Ford, so far they have been very responsive.

OP
OP
Chris-MMEX_GT500

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
1/18 Day 2 - Today I will reach out to the BEV rep to see if the replacement HVBJB and the required parts can be sent overnight to my dealership.

The dealer is able to work on my Mach E, the parts are the only item needed at this point. I sent the BEV rep an update yesterday afternoon.

Note: The dealer is also going to try and expedite the part shipment as well. Between the BEV and the dealer hopefully, Ford will send the part today.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I didn't see it mentioned- what is the contact info for the Ford "BEV Team"? Is it just via the Ford CS # ((800) 392-3673)?

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Day 1 - Update: The dealer confirmed that it is the HVBJB that failed and also stated the TSB 22-2178. They ordered the part, but it is not available unless it is an emergency.
Emergency? How can a broken car possibly have an "emergency"? Is it in grave danger of breaking more? Will it explode if the replacement part is not installed?

Sounds like the sort of thing a car dealer would say.

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
Chris-MMEX_GT500

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
OP
OP
Chris-MMEX_GT500

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Emergency? How can a broken car possibly have an "emergency"? Is it in grave danger of breaking more? Will it explode if the replacement part is not installed?

Sounds like the sort of thing a car dealer would say.
The dealer found the status to be odd as well, they are reaching out to Ford today to have the part shipped. I am not sure why Ford would not allow a part to be shipped if a warranty job is being performed.

From what I have read, having the BEV team involved may help expedite having the part shipped.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The dealer found the status to be odd as well, they are reaching out to Ford today to have the part shipped. I am not sure why Ford would not allow a part to be shipped if a warranty job is being performed.

From what I have read, having the BEV team involved may help expedite having the part shipped.
Perhaps if someone is stranded 1,000 miles from home on a roadtrip or something along those lines.

MightyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE/Acura RDX/Saturn Ion
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

What the BEV team told me today is that they are mainly working to make sure dealers are properly ordering the right part with Copis. Once that is done, any futher communication or escalation must happen between the dealer and the supplier/Copis administrator.

There isn't any additional "escalation" for Copis tickets that the BEV team can do (at least my rep didn't seem to think there was).

OP
OP
Chris-MMEX_GT500

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
1/19 - Day 3 - I did not hear from the BEV rep or the dealer, so I emailed and did not hear back and decided to call the dealership. The new HVBJB arrived today and they are going to replace it on Monday. It may take an additional day since this is the first one they have changed.

Hopefully, all goes well, being the first one at least they are taking their time which is fine with me.

I will update this thread once I have my car back.

OP
OP
Chris-MMEX_GT500

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
1/24 - Day 7 My car was supposed to have the HVBJB replacement started today, but it was still sitting outside, so we’ll see if it gets done this week. 🍀 The BEV rep is going to call the dealer tomorrow for a time estimate.

For now I am driving my second car, so I am lucky to have the option.

OP
OP
Chris-MMEX_GT500

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
1/24 - Day 7 - Update: The dealer started work on my car late in the day, now we’ll see how this goes. Small step forward at last.

As of tomorrow it will be 2 weeks that my car has been down and today marks one week since I dropped it off at the dealership.
Sponsored