Tlow

First Name
Micha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD
Country flag
So if that's correct they will make zero MMEs from 10/23-1/3?
That is a LONG time for a production line to be down. Its probably bad data.
Sponsored

MachoHulkWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camery
Country flag
Well this is disappointing. I was hoping to put an order in this month and now it's pushed back another 2 weeks. I suppose in the grand scheme of waiting, 2 weeks isn't much.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Wow, if that is correct, my reservation will be produced within the last two weeks of production. Very lame for a reservation to be in a clean-up run. I am definitely re-thinking choosing a Ford as any future automobile.

MachoHulkWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camery
Country flag
Wow, if that is correct, my reservation will be produced within the last two weeks of production. Very lame for a reservation to be in a clean-up run. I am definitely re-thinking choosing a Ford as any future automobile.

Ford just stopped taking online reservations for Broncos too. It's impossible to buy just about anything these days. Computer components, Xboxes and Playstations, etc. I wouldn't be too fast to throw Ford under the bus. Everyone is handling it best they can.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ford just stopped taking online reservations for Broncos too. It's impossible to buy just about anything these days. Computer components, Xboxes and Playstations, etc. I wouldn't be too fast to throw Ford under the bus. Everyone is handling it best they can.
Heh, it’s not like I just placed the reservation. What it is like is that I’ve had the reservation, it was converted to an order on the first day it could be, and now there are non-reservations being produced before my order.

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
My production date just got changed from 10/4 to week of 10/11. Heres to hoping i get a 2021 before 2022.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
My production date just got changed from 10/4 to week of 10/11. Heres to hoping i get a 2021 before 2022.
Same happened to my order 2 weeks ago. Unless our production dates get pushed back further, we’re likely to receive 2021s.

I won’t mind, so long as I take delivery before 01/01/22, since I won’t have to wait nearly a full year to claim the tax rebate.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
I think it means that they plan to not start any new new builds after that date, and that may apply to fleet builds only.

They are obviously aware that things are not going smoothly on a supply chain side, so the plan could be a problem and the 10/23 date could slip back.

Just because they start a build doesn't mean they will finish assembly immediately.

If this only applies to fleet builds, the customer cars ordered would still need to be manufactured as well and those could be getting started up until Christmas. If this is a traditional manufacturing line and the only real problem is the chips, Ford can likely ship cars without chips to the US and hold them there and still call them a '21. I expect that to be a '21 they simply have to roll off the end of the line in 21, not be perfect (this is based on my extensive and partly relevant research on the subject where I watched the movie Tucker - so someone here can probably provide a better definition of what precisely defines a car as a 21 vs. a 22).

When a car company decides to idle a plant it is usually with less notice, and with greater notice taken. If the plant was going to be idle I think the press would be all over it.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Whatever they call them, the important thing to remember is that the $7500 tax incentice is for cars delivered by 12/31/21. Otherwise the wait will be over a year for that.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I read you are looking at next May for 22 models. Sorry I don’t recall what article it was, a car magazine of sorts. Will post it if I find it. Stands to reason, the coming year will have delays as well.

yes, I can’t figure how they could finish all the delayed 21 orders
in the next 3 months, but I am sure they are going to try, if anything for Fords reputation. You don’t take orders for a whole year and then dump on those people for the sake of the 22’s. Hell, they could at least move up the remaining 21s to a 22
status to compensate for their terrible production fiasco.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For what it’s worth

I Put my order in last week for a 21. I spoke to my dealer today and he said they haven’t heard of any cutoffs or new orders taking place 9/27.

But if my order will not be a 21 (and he agreed that a good chance it won’t be) they will automatically order a 22 and call me as I might want to go back to to my original color, silver.

FastHorse25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry
Country flag
I heard from my dealer and he confirmed that if your Mach-e is not placed into production by the end of the month (September), you will be receiving a 2022 instead.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I heard from my dealer and he confirmed that if your Mach-e is not placed into production by the end of the month (September), you will be receiving a 2022 instead.
Highly unlikely in the case of anyone who already has a VIN assigned since the VIN is tied to a model year.

Ford has already stated that 21s will be produced through October and into November, with clean-up production in November, change-over to 22 production in November, and 22 production starting in December.

My 2021 VIN GT-PE was originally scheduled for a 9/27 production week. That has been postponed into a 10/4 production week, so I know that at the very least the first week of October will see 2021 production. I have seen a few people post that their orders for 2021s were scheduled for the week of 10/11 as well.
Sponsored