Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So my car has been at the dealer for five days now waiting "in line" for the update (my dealer's service reps were hit with covid so they're short staffed). So this could mean I won't get a real update just a placebo? Talk about sucking the fun out of having a new car. . . .

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Last edited:

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
As someone who's waited 216 days for my ordered MME to be scheduled, I watch this thread with great interest. So, despite not yet being an MME owner, I'm hoping someone can respond to these questions (facts preferred, but enlightened speculation acceptable):
Recall 22S41 does not apply to MME built 25 May 2022 and after because "recall" software was installed at the assembly plant.
a) Have ANY MME built since 25 May 2022 had "improved" hardware installed that does not require "welding contactor recall" software?

😔🥵😦🤨🤮🍋

Last edited:

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Ok y'all... Fun is over.

The updates aren't available due to a server side error. Ford is working to restore their functionality. No time frame has been given for resolution.

This is confirmed from Ford and I was okayed to release that information.
If they need cloud help to prevent this type of very public humiliation failure, I know people who can help from an infrastructure perspective....

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
If they need cloud help to prevent this type of very public humiliation failure, I know people who can help from an infrastructure perspective....
I collect ad revenue for these types of posts within my threads...

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I would definitely be interested to see exactly what rev they installed today so I might post in the FDRS thread to see if someone can run my VIN.

I’m sorry if this has been answered along the way, which I’m sure it has (just re-read the OP twice again) but is the May revision (placebo?) the one that will power limit you to let you limp along to a dealership, or is it truly a placebo that does nothing to help with the issue at all? Or is the rev that a some got OTA before it went MIA the revision that “fixes” the recall issue by having it fail a little more gracefully?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I would definitely be interested to see exactly what rev they installed today so I might post in the FDRS thread to see if someone can run my VIN.

I’m sorry if this has been answered along the way, which I’m sure it has (just re-read the OP twice again) but is the May revision (placebo?) the one that will power limit you to let you limp along to a dealership, or is it truly a placebo that does nothing to help with the issue at all? Or is the rev that a some got OTA before it went MIA the revision that “fixes” the recall issue by having it fail a little more gracefully?
I used the word placebo because dealers might think they are installing the updates with the revised software version for the recall when in reality they aren't.

If that happens then yes the May version would be installed which does not have any of the new recall components. The May update is just a regular update.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

Everything I heard is that it seems to fail quicker after the new update, but lets you drive to the dealer. Then again, who know what versions were applied prior to the server issue. On Saturday I had the update at the dealer, but it was already pulled so I got nothing. waste of time and repeat..
All I know is that I'm not interested in having my car bricked and stranded, so they need to get moving to at least help that situation out, although I would prefer the hardware fix and get it over with.

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag

The May version was only for Job 2 vehicles (maybe 2022 as well). The release date coincided with the recall cutoff but we are not sure what that update addressed. The June updates are the official recall updates and are the ones which added detection/power limiting functionality.

Based on what has been reported and confirmed in this thread, the updates should become available again shortly and it is expected the version numbers will not change. As soon as the updates are available, the version will be checked and comments will be made in this thread. @DevSecOps is also keeping the first post updated with all of the information

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The May version was only for Job 2 vehicles (maybe 2022 as well). The release date coincided with the recall cutoff but we are not sure what that update addressed. The June updates are the official recall updates and are the ones which added detection/power limiting functionality.

Based on what has been reported and confirmed in this thread, the updates should become available again shortly and it is expected the version numbers will not change. As soon as the updates are available, the version will be checked and comments will be made in this thread. @DevSecOps is also keeping the first post updated with all of the information
Makes sense, thank you + @DevSecOps for the clarification. I just posted my VIN in the request thread to see if anyone is available to help me see exactly what got installed earlier.

Edit: Thanks to @WyldStallyn for checking my VIN, I’m indeed a rev behind. Bummer… hopefully getting this cleaned up won’t be too painful.

-BD on BECM so this is the latest version
-VB on SOBDMC which is one version behind the recall version

Last edited:

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
My car's at the dealership now for the recall fix (ostensibly) and the 10k servicing. Will keep folks posted.

I just finished a 3,000 mile road trip yesterday spread out into 5 travel days with nothing but DCFC the entire way—at least 3-4 times a day and 8-9 driving hours per day in the summer heat (not extreme heat but 80s/90s). I'll put together a thread about the trip at a later date, but just wanted to tell folks considering a trip about my success. I was pretty worried since I didn't have the recall done or get the OTA during the trip, but I took some precautions (whisper mode 5 mins before DCFC, wait 5 mins before starting and after finishing DCFC, no hard acceleration before/after DCFC) that may have helped.
Dealer did indeed do the recall and rotated the tires for the 10k service. Not sure what Job my car is, but it was built in June 2021 and I took delivery in July '21.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Dealer did indeed do the recall and rotated the tires for the 10k service. Not sure what Job my car is, but it was built in June 2021 and I took delivery in July '21.
As of right now (I just checked) the updates are still not available. If the dealer said they installed it today, then they lied or they installed the May version, which is not the recall.

It's kinda impossible to install something that's not available.

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I am scheduled to take our GT in this Friday 7/15 due to a "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power" that popped up a couple weeks ago as soon as the wife started the car in the morning. She shut it down and restarted and the message has not appeared since. Anyway, I heard about the software update that could help should the HVBJB issue arise so I was going to ask them install any updates available.

When I first heard about the recall I went to the Ford site and checked for recalls on my vin and the site found nothing. Can someone check my vin to see what updates are available:
3FMTK4SE1MME02986

Will I be wasting my time if I take my car in on Friday and should I reschedule?
Sponsored