Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Do you have two blue tooth connections? One for the car & one for Sync? There were some posts early on about enabling Sync before the car/app interfering with PAAK setup.
yeah, I see both and have tried it both ways to determine if I can get around an undocumented procedure/order...

That being said, I also think the APP install/setup needs to have "pauses" injected for customer interactions... example.. when it loads for the first time you get multiple pop-ups that ask you to Allow , Ok , when using... etc. I think the first one to pop up ends up being the last to get acknowledged by the customer.. it may be that the backend servers are actually expecting this dialog to be ACK'd first?

But again, without a true Process / Workflow published from Ford on how to "re-install" PAAK.. i'm just guessing.

I tried many more times late yesterday evening with my phone and my wife's. I ended up:
Per FordPass APP CHAT SUPPORT
1. removing the car from both Ford Pass APPs and accounts
2. then deleting the APP from each phone.
3. Then rebooting the phones.
4. Then master reset in the car (deletes all profiles , PAAKs , Backup entry codes , Backup Start codes)
5. Then shutoff the car.
6. Then got out of the vehicle.
7. Locked the car w/ the FOB.
8. let the car go to sleep (1hr)
9. Unlock car with the FOB.
10. Enter the car and turn on ACC power.
11. Perform connectivity reset.
12. Perform second master reset.
13. Enable connectivity (all services & wifi connection to the house Router)
14. Shutdown car.
15. Lock with FOB
16. Let car sit overnight.

I will again attempt the original PAAK setup procedures after work tonight with the Wife's phone.
Sponsored

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Question for forum members (re: FordPass): Do any of you have issues with the FordPass Battery Charge Logs (under the "Manage EV" tab in the Vehicle Menu) being extremely inaccurate? Although my charge logs closely matched my ChargePoint (Level 2 home charger) usage logs during the first few months of ownership, my recent charge logs in FordPass make no sense at all.

Two nights ago I charged from 44% to 90%. FordPass indicates a 10% charge while my ChargePoint app says it delivered 45 kWh (which is about right for a 46% charge with a 10% loss). Recently, I'm getting erroneous values from FordPass on charging history. So much so that I can't rely on it anymore.
My charge logs in FordPass don't seem to be too off at first glance. Will try to monitor this issue more closely once I get my Grizzl-E Smart charger installed next week. I'm tracking this in the Mach-E improvements board.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
My charge logs in FordPass don't seem to be too off at first glance. Will try to monitor this issue more closely once I get my Grizzl-E Smart charger installed next week. I'm tracking this in the Mach-E improvements board.
Mine are spotty at best and then information is wrong. Last night charged to 100%. Showed 88% added which is correct but the mileage it shows added is 473 miles :eek: I wish

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Mine are spotty at best and then information is wrong. Last night charged to 100%. Showed 88% added which is correct but the mileage it shows added is 473 miles :eek: I wish
Maybe they'll unlock the full 98.8 kWh and boost efficiency way up! :p

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
meet or exceed NIST 800-88 and the Department of Defense 5220-22-M
No offence intended towards you my friend it was directed at

Per FordPass APP CHAT SUPPORT

I was thinking when they got off with you they said there we will not need to deal with him for a couple of days ;) . It does sound a bit excessive to me but it should surly be a clean slate when done one would think. The whole overnight logic would be interesting to hear explained what actually happens in that random time frame and does it need to be dark for it to happen.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I don't know...1-ish% per hour for something with a constant keep-alive doesn't sound bad to me at all.
At this point I'd probably accept that. Sadly we aren't there yet. After 5 hours here are my results. My phone has pretty much been idle since I got to work. We're looking at about 2% battery drain per hour.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3.29.0 Fordpass update just released 1630006833807

I have apps that run in the background and trigger when I get within range of my house (geofenced). Those apps use about 1-2% all day. They could use a similar approach with PaaK. The app knows where the car is and where the phone is via GPS. If the phone is more than X feet from the car the app should stop trying to connect. Once the accelerometer picks up movement on the phone, check the location of the phone. Until the phone is remotely close the car it shouldn't be making futile attempts to connect to the car. They aren't reinventing the wheel here, there are many apps that have very similar functionality don't have these issues.

What makes things worse is the app now refuses to close via the notification. If you close it from the notification it immediately starts up again ?! It is bad enough the app drains the hell out of my phone battery, but what is the point in having a cancel button in the notification that doesn't close the app. The only way I can close it is by Force Closing the app (Android) or rebooting the phone. Annoying AF to say the least ?.

kevcody

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Occupation
Hacker
Country flag
Went ahead and deleted and confirmed PaaK was indeed gone. Tried to delete the app but not the data…. (iPhone app offloading) but still crashed. Good news is backup code worked as intended and I wasn’t stranded at work.

If this happens again (hopefully it won’t), I’ll connect via log console and capture the app error that’s causing the crash to share.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Reading this thread and others over the last few months confirms my decision to keep my 2011 Ford Explorer for the foreseeable future.

It works.
My Mach-E works just fine as does many others.

Sure some of the new fancy features (like PAAK) aren't quite there but you don't have to use them--I don't use PAAK I use the FOB and it has worked every time. I also rarely use the Ford Pass app other than to check on the charge status of the car and maybe remote start it once in a while. Works great for that.

Your Explorer doesn't have remote access via the Ford Pass app so sure it works but the Mach-E would work exactly the same (e.g. don't use the Ford Pass app and use the FOB).

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
After updating the app (Pixel 5) and left PaaK running in the background things looked CRAZY good.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3.29.0 Fordpass update just released Wes

After coming back from lunch it took a noticeable dip of 3% in about 2 hours. Even if I round that down to 1% per hour that is still too high, but that is still night and day better than it was in prior versions.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3.29.0 Fordpass update just released Wes

I think the battery drain really kicks in when you connect to the car, then disconnect. When the connection is severed it aggressively looks to reconnect. The PaaK wasn't aggressively checking this time since I was already at work with I updated the app. Tomorrow I'll have a better benchmark against my theory. If I'm right, the battery drain will be around 15% after 9 hours. I like being right, but I hope for all of our sakes I'm dead wrong?.
Congrats to past me, you were correct ?. Guess we'll regroup for version 3.30+.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3.29.0 Fordpass update just released 1630022476969
Sponsored