Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
What is the Best and Proper way to do these power-UP Updates ?
Car in Garage for best WiFi
I note that it seems to require about one hour :
Is it best to leave the Car fully powered ON
OR
Full accessory power ?
Best way is to turn on auto updates and let it do them while you’re driving or whenever it feels like.

The only exception are the updates that require the car be off and not drivable. For that just schedule a time overnight (not midnight) and let it do it while you sleep.
Sponsored

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've always never liked computers/phones/whatever updating on their own. Just too inconvenient if I had an important task/trip/etc planned and the update breaks things. See it so often with computers, etc so I'm hesitant to let Ford update whenever.

Right now, I don't have auto updates turn on and if the time is ok that day, I go and manually accept and click the update button in the car. Usually, I see a notice on the app, then I go to the car...it takes sometimes to refresh/show an update, then I click Update and shut it down and walk away.

It still needs a bit of work since it doesn't seem like things change/update when you press things in the car like the schedule window, etc...nor things are really happening, but after going away, it seems to work when I check it again and the schedule updates too.

I've so far gotten 3.1.1, then 3.2.1 so far.

I don't use Wifi. Bigger Android Auto is a nice update and being able to remove that annoying Alexa icon. They need to allow an update to customize that top bar so we can turn on Cameras as a one button tap.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I've always never liked computers/phones/whatever updating on their own. Just too inconvenient if I had an important task/trip/etc planned and the update breaks things. See it so often with computers, etc so I'm hesitant to let Ford update whenever.
The good thing about most updates to our cars is they happen in the background, often while driving. So no inconvenience at all.

Larger updates require you schedule a time or manually initiate it. Just schedule it for overnight and you’ll have an updated car when you wake up.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
3.3.1 updated today. 22 GT, March build.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
3.3.1 updated today. 22 GT, March build.
Same!!! (same model and build date too!!)

Though there was no changes to the climate control for me but i think we already had that part.

Oh and we can now remove the Alexa icon on top, just click it and you get an option to remove it!!!

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Same!!! (same model and build date too!!)

Though there was no changes to the climate control for me but i think we already had that part.

Oh and we can now remove the Alexa icon on top, just click it and you get an option to remove it!!!
Yeah, I saw no UI changes either. I never had (that I recall) the Alexa icon, so never had that annoyance.

Don't tell me yours is DMG, too!

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Is CarPlay navigation complete crap for anyone else with 3.3.1?

I had to reboot/reset sync 7 times in a row today before any maps app would work. I have had to reboot/reset sync at least once every time I have started the car since getting 3.3.1.

Until I reboot/reset sync none of the mapping apps will show the current location on the screen.

Some of the times not only is CarPlay affected but the built in navigation is also unable to display the current location.

I had the occasional issue with wireless CarPlay connecting before the updates but never gps issues.
I've been having issues with wireless car play as well, have to reboot Sync every other drive to get it to work.

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Strange… the Auto Ambient Lighting toggle under Drive Modes is gone. I can change it in the Settings > Ambient Lighting but it doesn’t automatically switch any more.
BBAEDAF3-2F00-4CD5-AC2E-BA2DBCFC775E.jpeg
Did your auto ambient toggle ever come back? I just did the APIM update and the toggle disappeared. @Mach-Lee @tobin1920

OP
OP
tobin1920

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It’s still gone but the lighting color seems to auto switch based on drive mode like I’d want it to, but options are good so I wish the toggle was still there. I got 3.5.3 yesterday - still gone.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It’s still gone but the lighting color seems to auto switch based on drive mode like I’d want it to, but options are good so I wish the toggle was still there. I got 3.5.3 yesterday - still gone.
Same, still gone but switches colors with drive mode.
Sponsored