Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I checked my Ford.com account this morning (11/30 in middle of current delivery window) and lo and behold there is yet another extension of my delivery ETA. If this MME actually makes it to the dealer on the first day of the new delivery window, that will be exactly one year after the order was confirmed, 12/7/21. It will also be 85 days after this MME was built. (And that would be only if there is no rail strike. So, the Senate will determine whether I see an MME in 2022? :rolleyes:)
1669839764771.gif

It took less time for a covered wagon to get from Kansas to the west coast in the 1860's than it takes the railroads to get there in the 2020's Just wow.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/12/22 Build Week Chat 1669943576797

Corwin

First Name
Corwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mazda CX-5, 2022 Mach-E Premium Ordered
Country flag
Factors I've considered (which you've probably already thought over many times): If you let go of the order, the dealer will sell it with large markup. Fed tax credit may be reduced 1/1/23, by half. You are allowed to "find something else" before you give up on the order. (I did. After searching options, I bought a better EV last spring because the inflated value of my trade-in offset the dealer markup.) Ford''s repeated unexplained extensions and lousy communication are very poor treatment of the "end user which engender bad feelings for the company, but not necessarily the MME. (One year of free charging at Electrify America would sooth the frustrated end user, but not likely to happen.) Lastly, refuse to give up my order until it's clear I won't get the Fed tax credit or the dealer fails to honor the price protection and no-ADM promises.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/12/22 Build Week Chat 1669943576797
Although I've taken delivery of my vehicle, you're the main reason why I'm still on the forums... Hang in there... When you take delivery of your vehicle, it will be a glorious feeling!

jfire

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Cruz, Hyundai Azera, A320/321
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Well my railcar is now a flatbed car and has left northern Ohio. It's now just north of Huntington, WV enroute to NC I'd guess, where it'll sit until being trucked to Roanoke, VA. At least there's more movement! Bigfeets has to be getting close as well. I was at the brink of giving up until I saw the railcar tracking. Let's keep the faith!

Spectre

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
Update - Just got 3.5.3.3 and now have YouTube for what that's worth. At least I know my car can receive OTA updates. LOL
yup, I just noticed this update this morning. I also noticed there’s a sketch pad? Not sure if that was there before, but I probably have no use for it. Kids can’t sit in the front seat yet :p

OP
OP
Bigfeets

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well my railcar is now a flatbed car and has left northern Ohio. It's now just north of Huntington, WV enroute to NC I'd guess, where it'll sit until being trucked to Roanoke, VA. At least there's more movement! Bigfeets has to be getting close as well. I was at the brink of giving up until I saw the railcar tracking. Let's keep the faith!
may the Ford be with you
Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/12/22 Build Week Chat 1670005972464

OP
OP
Bigfeets

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A week after my request for update, my dealer emailed me that the MME I ordered a year ago was still at the "shipping yard". VIN View line he provided is same info I got from Chat on 11/26: ramp 6U Muncie KS on 11/24. Latest extended delivery ETA window opens in 4 days (12/7-12/13). It is not looking too good for making that. Oh no, not another delivery extension lottery...
Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/12/22 Build Week Chat 1670039422874

jfire

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Cruz, Hyundai Azera, A320/321
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
So my MachE made it by rail to Walkerton, NC and is currently awaiting the truck to pick it up and deliver it to my dealer in VA. Oddly enough, I tracked it through my hometown on the rail in Roanoke! Wish I could've seen it or grabbed it. Hope my wait isn't very long from Walkerton. Bigfeets.... I'm still holding out hope for ya bud! We're the last men standing!

JamieLV

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G37
Country flag
A week after my request for update, my dealer emailed me that the MME I ordered a year ago was still at the "shipping yard". VIN View line he provided is same info I got from Chat on 11/26: ramp 6U Muncie KS on 11/24. Latest extended delivery ETA window opens in 4 days (12/7-12/13). It is not looking too good for making that. Oh no, not another delivery extension lottery...
What happened to the rail car you provided? Are you saying that was incorrect info? If not, that car was unloaded and is now empty in Mira Loma. Hope it was your car that was unloaded!

OP
OP
Bigfeets

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What happened to the rail car you provided? Are you saying that was incorrect info? If not, that car was unloaded and is now empty in Mira Loma. Hope it was your car that was unloaded!
Both Chat and my dealer say that the last location update for the rail car, ID'd 11/24, is ramp 6U, Muncie, KS. I'd rather "believe" in the info you provide. It would mean that Chat and dealer provided info is NOT current. If you checked UP automated tracing, thank you for doing that. (United Road has no record.) I want to believe it's only 40 miles away and only waiting for its last truck ride to the dealer. :)
Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/12/22 Build Week Chat 1670204993491

Last edited:

JamieLV

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G37
Country flag
Both Chat and my dealer say that the last location update for the rail car, ID'd 11/24, is ramp 6U, Muncie, KS. I'd rather "believe" in the info you provide. It would mean that Chat and dealer provided info is NOT current. If you checked UP automated tracing, thank you for doing that. I want to believe it's only 40 miles away and only waiting for its last truck ride to the dealer. :)
View attachment 87011
Yep that's where I got it from. I think you said you had no luck - it's finicky, but you can try it - you just have to say the rail car as soon as the voice prompt stops and say it quickly (1 after first ends and 2nd begins , "trace" - you don't have to wait for voice prompt to stop, then railcar once voice prompt stops if you don't want to have to rinse and repeat 3 or 4 times).

OP
OP
Bigfeets

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yep that's where I got it from. I think you said you had no luck - it's finicky, but you can try it - you just have to say the rail car as soon as the voice prompt stops and say it quickly (1 after first ends and 2nd begins , "trace" - you don't have to wait for voice prompt to stop, then railcar once voice prompt stops if you don't want to have to rinse and repeat 3 or 4 times).
Thanks again. I've tried that trace many times, unsuccessfully, but haven't tried to speak with a real person. United Road has no record, yet. Dealer told me they have to manually check on arrivals at Mira Loma, so I'll try that tomorrow.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 9/12/22 Build Week Chat 1670205503241
Sponsored